ZIDOO Music 3.0 coming soon!

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1295)' started by zidoo, Aug 29, 2018.

1. perd

perd New Member Beta test group

Sorry zidoo but all of these aren't exactly like this.
    First, it is true that the most third android music apps don't support NAS browsing via Network.
    Second, it isn't Hiby Music the only that support SACD, Usb Audio Player Pro can be also.
    In fact, this bypass the android audio driver and with their custom audio driver can play all the 24-bit or 32-bit wav/flac/ogg/mp3/DSD/SACD/aiff/aac/m4a/ape/cue/etc. files.
    Additional, this software supports USB audio streaming by an OTG cable and plays natively up to 32-bit/384kHz or any other rate/resolution at the USB DAC's.

The last was my decision to move with USB Audio Pro Player, because all yours Music versions aren't capable to play via usb on DAC's.
    I ask again, is there any member that have enabled the usb audio and listen via DAC with some music zidoo version?

2. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

@perd Any progress? In Audio setup there is a setting to enable USB output (re-boot required). That one does not work?

3. Israel

Israel New Member

Hello friend!, thank you for the post because of you i discover the app usb audio pro and tried yesterday night if it serves to play my music in better bitrate than spdif on a chord mojo, this is my post: http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?threads/external-usb-dac.42991/#post-79392

4. Israel

Israel New Member

monkey i tried the Zidoo external DAC with the chord mojo and the beta firmware, it seems to be recognized but when i play a file from Music 3.0 nothing happends

5. Nice Monkey

@perd @Israel If direct DSD64 support does not get included in a future release then I probably will go for USB Audio Player Pro with an external USB DAC (ES9038PRO based kit from Alibaba). :)

Thanks for reporting that such a setup works. ;)

Last edited: Nov 7, 2018
  6. perd

Yes, I know that there is this setting in quick setup menu.
    I have enable it, but the usb audio streaming doesn't work.
    With the all music player versions only via spdif I have sound output not usb.
    I have tried almost all the available usb receivers, xmos, atmel, CMedia with no lucky.
    Do you have audio output via usb with your ES9038 kit or spdif only?

7. perd

This is happening with all fw versions until now.
    There is sound output, only with spdif output.

8. Nice Monkey

Ordered a DIY-kit USB DAC and plan to use USB Audio Pro Player together with it. I doubt i will ever get native DSD support without going down that road.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 11, 2018
    gymnos and Martin Wiszczor like this.
  9. perd

The USB Audio Player Pro plays native DSD files.
    In mine diy DAC, that I have build my own usb receiver card with Atmel, I see at the front screen of DAC the DSD mark, that it is meaning that the USB Audio player pro plays dsd files normally.

10. Nice Monkey

Could we do that dialog here please:
    http://www.futeko.com/newforum/index.php?topic=3868.0
    Here is is off-topic

You may also open a new topic under "General" with this APP being discussed as an add-on.
    I paid the license for USB Audio Player Pro and installed it without an USB DAC yet (=Android default driver playback).

Last edited: Nov 12, 2018
  11. perd

Hello,
    I have more information about this.
    I found the way to enable the UPnP Renderer on X9S and plays all the music collection via X9S usb streaming!
    If you had the USB Audio Player Pro on X9S (I have a license about this), you had the UPnP Renderer also via this software. Enable this from menu of USB Audio Player Pro software.

Sure, the browsing with this software isn't very simple (it is made for mobile mainly) and the last time I searched for a remote app.

First solution
    My music files are in a Synology NAS.
    The Synology has an app for mobile-tablet (android) the DS-Audio. The DS-Audio seems the UPnP Renderer (X9S) and plays the audio files via X9S remotely via USB Streaming! Plays all the mainly music formats.

Second solution
    I found a third part app for Synology the MinimServer. It is a fast music server, faster than the Synology Audio app.
    I installed this on Synology and the HiFi Cast app on an android tablet. The HiFi Cast app seems the UPnP Renderer (X9S) and plays the NAS audio files via X9S remotely via USB Streaming, perfect! This solution is faster than the First solution.

I am sure that the second solution without the MinimServer will work and as stand alone. The HiFi Cast on a android tablet-mobile and X9S with UPnP Renderer of USB Audio Player Pro and your music collection inside of X9S.

12. JBA6

JBA6 Member

Following up my assessment of Music 3.0 in post no 38, I've now had the time to check out Music 3.4.7 which is included with the Zidoo X9S firmware version 2.1.19.

Problems I found in Music 3.0 which sadly are still present in version 3.4.7 are:
    A) It appears to completely ignore the fact that my ripped music tracks, all of which are in FLAC format, are all correctly tagged and stored in one album per folder all of which are correctly named. It instead guesses almost 100% incorrectly the song and artist names which it then uses to display the songs, artists and albums which it thinks are present.
    B) Although it attempts to display synchronised lyrics for the songs, it completely ignores my carefully transcribed and synchronised lyrics which are saved alongside the songs in the widely recognised standard LRC file format. Instead it displays lyrics from completely the wrong songs.
    C) It adds a gap of typically 1 second between the tracks of an album ie. it's not gap-less. This spoils the playback of those albums which have tracks which transition smoothly from one to the next.

Things Music 3.4.7 does well:
    D) If you navigate to your music files via the Media Center, instead of going direct to the Music app, then it now plays an albums tracks in the correct order.
    E) It displays a reasonable number of lines of a song's lyrics making it easier to follow the progress of a song. Some players only a display one or two lines making this much harder to follow.
    F) I like the rotating disc animation with the album artwork overlaid and I also like the overall background depicting an image of the current song's artist. Sadly it's the wrong artist most of the time.

Unfortunately problems A, B and C make Music 3.4.7 unusable for me. I shall continue to use ZDMC/Kodi instead for music playback but am watching out for the Android music player that JRiver are now developing, an early version of which is now available on the Play Store. I had high hopes for Plex since they recently announced they now support gap-less playback but so far the only Plex client that supports this feature is the Android version that you get on a smartphone, not the one you get if you install on a Zidoo, not even if you download what is apparently the same APK and install that on the Zidoo.

JB

gymnos and videobruce like this.
  13. videobruce

videobruce Member

Does the new version sort music files by artist (the way just about every other one does) instead of by song title?? I never saw/used Any player that sorted by sing title before. :rolleyes:

14. JBA6

JBA6 Member

Hi Videobruce,
    Yes it has the capability to sort by artist. The problem is it gets most of the artists wrong so the feature is pretty useless at the moment.
    The app does show promise as a music player if only it would take note of the tags embedded in the tracks or even the filenames.
    JB

15. dr4go

dr4go Member

Any progress regarding that issue? With fw version 2.1.22 on the X9S I still have the same problem. I have about 6500 (~35GB) on the via SATA connected SSD. When scanning the folder it simply crashes... There are just *.mp3 and *.m3u inside... probably also a few covers, but that's it.

16. Davicom

Davicom Member

hi guys, someone could explain me, if i have an album in a folder, is there a method to scan and find this album on music player? i can just scan and obtain a list of songs without entire album

17. JBA6

JBA6 Member

Hi Davicom,
    I have folders named Music, Photo and Video in the root of the drive currently plugged into the USB 3 socket on my Zidoo and also on my NAS drive.

In the Music folder I have one folder for each album each of which is named to the following scheme:
    Artist Name - Album Name

Inside the album's folder each song is tagged correctly with the album artwork and each one has a filename as follows using the first track on my Todd Rundgren Arena album as an example:
    01. Mad.flac

This scheme works very well with most music playing software on Windows PCs, Macs and Android devices including the Zidoo players but sadly as you see from my previous posts in the thread above not with the Zidoo Music app which appears to completely ignore all tags and filenames and makes it's own guesses as to what the song is and who is performing it. If at some point this major fault is fixed then maybe the Zidoo Music app will become viable in which case clicking the various icons currently down the left hand side allows you to list what it finds either as songs, artists or albums.
    Meanwhile until Zidoo hopefully fix the Music app you'll have to use something else to play music on a Zidoo. I personally use ZDMC which is Zidoo's customised version of Kodi. There are other music apps you can use and reading through this thread you'll probably find some mentioned. There are a large number of music playing apps in the app store but most of them are designed for use on a touch screen phone so don't work very well on a Zidoo or other Android TV box.

Hope that helps,
    JB

Davicom likes this.
  18. Davicom

Davicom Member

Very thanks JB for your complete and satisfing explanation. We hope that Zidoo will provide to increase music app compatibility

19. Nice Monkey

@JBA6 My Music folders are structured identical to yours including ID3 tagging. No idea why many players choose to ignore both. They just should look for something better when absent.

20. Nicholas Degenhart

Nicholas Degenhart New Member

Hey guys - I am having an issue loading my library of music. It is all "ALAC" (Apple Lossless .m4a). When I point to the NFS path it will start to load and then will quit and give me an error that MusicPlayer quit unexpectedly. My library is over 60,000 songs. Does that matter? I have my library in iTunes right now but would love to use the Zidoo for music listening too.