New into Zidoo X9

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9' started by Rogerio Gonzalez, Dec 11, 2015.

1. Hey guys!

Just got my X9 unit. Really awesome work, congrats!
    A little about myself and the use of the unit for me:

I have DVRs for almost the past 10 years. I used a Philips unit from more then 5 years and I am current using a Magnavox. My family and I usually record news and special ocasions show in TV.

About the recordings, The 3 options seems good to record, but they all save the file with 1080p measures. If it respect the measures of VGA, for instance, should be awesome.

Somethings that I miss in the X9 (of course, a many of this can be accomplished using 3rd Party Apps):

- Allow the user to edit content, supressing commercials on recordings;
    - Allow user to burn recordings direct to external midia, using a USB drive (like DVD or Bluray unit);
    - Support HDMI in into live streaming Adobe FMS
    - Always turn on direct into HDMI in
    - Support Kodi PVR for HDMI in

But most important: I really miss in X9 the TimeShift.

As some thougts, here goes ,from my experience with LG, Philips and Magnavox units, what the TimeShift should do:

- Pause liveTV
    - Allow the user to "go back in time" and start a record on the past" (This works very well in Philips and Magnavox)
    - The user can choose if the record ends before the "live" (Works good only on Philips)
    - If the user select one location to start record, he can choose a time even more in the past to the "final", and it recognizes that this is the true start of recording (Works good only on Philips)

Thanks!

2. On the down side, one thing that I did not like, at all, was the heating.

In on hour recording, it got really really hot. :(

3. sunshi36

sunshi36 New Member

Heat is Bad for the unit..I can suggest few things below which helped me a lot on my unit..

1) Get a stick-on spacer legs (rubber ones) on the bottom on the unit to increase the air flow..This will raise clearance on the bottom of the unit.
    2) Get a mini USB fan (laptop coolers type found on Amazon/ebay) to suck the air out of the unit..this will really bring the heat down..you can use the speed adjust to reduce the noise..

Asif Abdul Khader likes this.
  4. Nice, will do it!

Thanks

5. freeroc

freeroc Active Member

Thanks Rogerio Gonzalez,
    Your suggestions are very instructive.
    Theoretically the timeshift function could be develop, we'll keep paying attention on this user's requirement.

6. Tech_10

Tech_10 New Member

Not to bump this thread, but I would like to know if you all have any plans to make this (X9) and/or the X6/pro etc. capable of playing 4K in Kodi. Example, an app such as "Live Leak Demo-UHD" has many different 4K trailers, and also Hipasat 4K test channel. I would like to be able to play these in Kodi using the app such as this one and more likely future ones that will surely come out next year on beyond. I'm don't want to spend money, on Android box, then it won't be able to do the things I really want (and I must admit, I have keen eye for this device). I'm in process of getting a 4K also, so I would really like to use Kodi as a source for UHD content along with the propose UHD Blu Ray players that rumored to be hitting the market in 2016. Please, give me and other fans, an idea if your team (Zidoo) will be able to get your devices playing 4K content in Kodi.

7. Bopper

Bopper New Member

Any news about the time shift function? I would really like to have that implemented!

8. Bopper

Bopper New Member

I continue here as I'm new to this X9. When I use HDMI In or PIP there's only sound and the scrren is all orange/yellow. What's wrong?

I have connected HDMI to my TV and another HDMI from my TV box to HDMI in on X9. If I turn off X9, can I see TV then? or must X9 always be on, to watch TV?

9. papiguy

papiguy Member

Hi Bopper,
    - orange/yellow screen : What Hdmi source are you using ? If it is only a TV box (satellite or IPTV) may be HDCP is the problem !
    - must X9 always be on, to watch TV?: yes, zidoo having not passthrough.

10. Bopper

Bopper New Member

It's connected to my IPTV-box (Motorola VIP 1003), so it's probably HDCP problem. So there's no way to go around this then?

What sources can be used for HDMI in?

11. Bopper

Bopper New Member

I gave it one more try and this time HDMI in from my TV box worked ok!

Is there any software keyboard, so I can use the remote control to write letters or do I have to connect a keyboard via bluetooth or USB?

12. papiguy

papiguy Member

I think the best is to connect an android keyboard via bluetooth. I got two (1 for each X9 I use) and they work well. It is very use-full for internet, mails and search of Apps.

13. Bopper

Bopper New Member

Android keyboard? I guess any bluetooth will do? Like Logitech K380?

I've tried to schedule multiple recording with HDMI in, but it seems only the last one is recorded. So I guess it's only possible to schedule one recording at a time?
    If I choose Video Length=Auto, will it record forever (or if I press Stop) then?
    [​IMG]