New firmware v1.0.32 for ZIDOO X6 release

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X6 Pro' started by mirror, Jan 29, 2016.

1. Arctic Ace

Arctic Ace Member

Thanks, "home" and "explorer/browser" buttons are working now as they should but "search" -button is not - nothing happens when you push it ("Search button" = "magnifying glass" -icon). Could you please check this and fix it if possible?

2. grummel2005

grummel2005 Well-Known Member

hey kodi 16 rc 1 had been longer ready than 2 weeks and actuall for some time is now kodi 16 rc 2

3. Paulus

Paulus Member

Still issue on native mediaplayer/Zidoo theater external subtitle special characters handling (è, ò, ù,.....). Please don't forget them in next FW

Last edited: Jan 29, 2016
  4. PacoRabanne

PacoRabanne Well-Known Member Beta test group

I don't want absolutely to be rude, but are you a SW developer? Have you analyzed all source code of Kodi?
    Please, don't get angry with me.
    I was a SW and FW developer, and really I can understand that is not easy to work on a source code that is changing in the same moment you are modifying it.
    So doing a good debug of a (more or less) well known release (even beta) is surely better then chase one by one modification done by Kodi team.
    Instead, when Kodi 16 stable will be released, a comparison between Zidoo modified and Kodi modified modules should be more effective and productive.
    And there is all the other code of X6 (FW itself, Kodi is a separate app) to debug, that is the most important part and should be as much as possible bug free.

... and I suspect the Zidoo developers are a very small team ...

Anyway firsts feedbacks (at usual too short and with too few details) shows that some bug are still present.
    And I still wait rooting tool :(

5. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

next version will support Auto refresh in native player.In fact, this feature is supported in the previous version(1.0.22-1.0.24). But we received too many complaints.They say when before play and end , TV will be "black screen" :), for these non professional users, we can not explain.We had removed this feature.
    In the next version, will support it and the default status is disable.You can enable it manually.

6. nexy33

nexy33 New Member

trying to enter language and input in settings crash's back to start screen..that's a month I've put up with this its going back and shit reviews will be left anyone who buys this pile of crap is asking for all the trouble they get there are far better examples of 3368 chipset that actually work. First and last zidoo product.

7. spring

spring Guest

Hi:
    can you tell us which language do you set?
    and could you take a pictrue?
    we will try our best to fix this problem.

8. nexy33

nexy33 New Member

can't set anything the moment you click on the actual language and input entry in settings it crashes back to the main ui screen you can't even get into select a language

9. Alex

Alex New Member

шрифт не помещается в меню, исправьте пожалуйста DSC_0001.JPG DSC_0002.JPG DSC_0003.JPG

10. Buddym

Buddym Member

Again ignored:
    Can you tell us also something about all other points that are reported on the forum and not listed in this firmware/changelog? Is that for the next release? Please let us know if you are working on those points.

11. cobra78

cobra78 Member

What are the other points?
    Can you list them then it would be easier to have it in one place for them to fix?

12. Buddym

Buddym Member

13. jbv

jbv Member

Hi Team Zidoo,

USB ... mounting multiple devices = Good ... tested with 7 devices ... all okay :)
    USB ... better detection/reading of USB volume label during mount = Good :)
    I think USB device detection and mounting is now 100% good :)
    ... Proof that no direct reply to forum message does NOT mean it has been ignored :)

SMB connection/mounting in Native Player and Zidoo Explorer
    - To Windows machines (Win-XP and Win-7) = okay
    - To Linux machines = still not working / broken
    ... fails even if user has no password, fails on anonymous even if server allows

Audio Lip-Sync = seems all good with optical spdif pass-through on both players
    previous release seemed okay (most times) on Native Player and required time offset with Kodi
    current release of both Native and Kodi seems okay with no time offset required in Kodi :)

Still strange and annoying problem when using external keyboard ( Logitech k400r ) and using arrow keys to move around then pressing enter. Native Player and Explorer both read non-existant mouse pointer position and select mouse pointer as active item. Hopefully you can test in-house when you buy Logitech k400r :)

Cheers

14. MadAndron75

MadAndron75 New Member

When it will be released?

15. fred_A3

fred_A3 New Member

16. grummel2005

grummel2005 Well-Known Member

only in "native player"?
    or in kodi as well?

if only the first, i cannot accept it, because it is a basic stuff in kodi as well and the buyers think that this feature is a basic android feature and so it has to be used in all of the pre-installed apps

what the others think?

17. Bighi

Bighi New Member

I resolved this problem on a my new box by doing a factory reset, try it.

18. MadAndron75

MadAndron75 New Member

Fully curve firmware. 23.976 fps video can not be viewed in 24P and the 60p. Root app too crooked. it is impossible to install the update binary file.

19. nexy33

nexy33 New Member

sent it back to Amazon for refund this morning had enough it doesn't meet the description it was sold under.

20. PacoRabanne

PacoRabanne Well-Known Member Beta test group

Fine report!
    This is a better way to signal problems and ask for a solution.
    And also confirm "bug solved"...
    Don't be hesitant to report new or still present bugs with the most possible details.
    I'll try to do the same (but mine are minor bugs :( ... or not?)