HDMI in record bitrate

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9' started by jmderien, Mar 17, 2015.

1. jmderien

jmderien New Member

Hello,

Can we expect a higher bitrate than 5 Mbits/s for HDMI in, or is it a hardware limitation?
    I find that full HD videos are too compressed, I have to reduce the capture size to HD.
    10 Mbits/s would be perfect.
    Regards
    Jean-Michel

2. Wings

Wings New Member

Thank you for your feedback. We are trying our best to do it.

3. freeroc

freeroc Active Member

There is a limitation of encoder involed software and hardware. By now the bitrate is the best for x9. If we increase more, record will lost frame.
    This will be a R&D direction of us, to record higher definition videos.

4. Bruce Dempsey

Bruce Dempsey Member

720p @15mbs would be ok
    I just notice that the codec is h265
    Can someone post some proper video recorded so I can have a looksee please?

Last edited: Mar 18, 2015
  5. Bruce Dempsey

Bruce Dempsey Member

I think the bitrate is going to be ok for me
    It all depends on the source.
    Heavily compressed sources will suffer when squeezed yet again by the x9 h.265 but in a few days when mine arrives we'll see how it handles pristine video input

6. Bruce Dempsey

Bruce Dempsey Member

Got mine this morning
    I compared video off the memory card straight from a sony ax100 to the same scene recorded at the same time to the x9 and the video is remarkably similar
    File size of the video recorded by the x9 is 90% smaller than the xavc-s recorded by the ax100. The recorded video is certainly good enough for most purposes and using firmware 1.0.2.8 am filming a long speech to see if the a/v sync holds.

7. Bruce Dempsey

Bruce Dempsey Member

recorded for 1 hour and 49 minutes and the audio video stayed in sync.
    Why did it stop recording at 4gb?

8. spring

spring Guest

File system limits。We will change to auto save next file when at 4GB。

Bruce Dempsey likes this.
  9. Tech OD

Tech OD Member

If you use NTFS and record with ts, then you won't have size limitation problem. But, NTFS with mp4 recording still have file size limitation though.

Bruce Dempsey likes this.
  10. user59

user59 Member

What video converting software are people using/experimenting with to convert the .TS and what format/settings do they find to get a good quality and clean .mp4, .mkv or other format.
    Thanks

11. Jens

Jens Member

I currently do not have TS files from the Zidoo box but for DVB-S/C recordings I'm using the TS Doctor. It will clean the streams, adjust the PTS data (in case they are wrong), is able to cut H.264 files and finally is able to convert to MKV.

There is a free trial version at
    http://www.cypheros.de/tsdoctor_e.html

It will not do a re-encoding so no quality change. For something like that you may take a look to Staxrip or Handbrake. Both tools are available for free download and usage, but expect CPU or at least GPU power ;)

Last edited: Mar 31, 2015
    user59 likes this.
  12. user59

user59 Member

Thanks @Jens I have Handbrake no good with v28, and thanks for the other to look at.

13. Bruce Dempsey

Bruce Dempsey Member

For Video Editing "TMPGENC Video Mastering Works 6" Costs money but nothing better

14. user59

user59 Member

My first interest to to convert the .ts to .mp4 or .mkv smaller size, but quality. tried a few basic converters the finish not as good, new to this area of converting
    Thanks

15. Bruce Dempsey

Bruce Dempsey Member

Everybody is new to this H.265 codec and everybody will be using it everywhere pretty soon when services catch up such as youtube and mainstream editors.
    The beauty of H.265 is that the file size is so small and it is designed for online streaming with a low bitrate and nice quality visuals.
    It probably won't stand up to things like color grading and other corrective measures used in video production but as a delivery format for on line it is a godsend. Now 4k can be streamed with no effort.
    Even the file extension tells us what it's about .ts means "transport stream"
    I found that Freemake video converter can handle the files and convert them to whatever and as the name implies it is free but the trick is to produce it and use it without any intermediate processing such as conversion etc.
    I'm no expert in the field but for my purpose which is video recording and live streaming, the x9 is a wonderful tool which performs brilliantly for next to nothing cost wise

16. user59

user59 Member

Great will have a look see, I also guess the finished product is only going to be as good as the original you are converting.
    Thanks.