google play kit for Z9S/Z10

Discussion in 'ZIDOO Z9S' started by zidoo, Oct 22, 2018.

1. zidoo

zidoo Member SUPER Administrator

2. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Not an update. :(

Was already using this one. It will not work with some streaming APP's. The APP's will install and the menu will work but the actual videos doesn't (player won't start errors).

Lony likes this.
  3. Lony

Lony Active Member

What we need is a decent firmware, not such half thing.

Thanks.

Lony

BITO likes this.
  4. bob

bob Active Member Zidoo TECH Supporter

Which streaming app you downloaded, let's try it.
    Thanks

5. pcristi

pcristi Active Member

@Nice Monkey
    Maybe similar to X9S not DRM L3/L1 support on Zid00 Z9S too?.

6. Nice Monkey

"NPO Start" Which is the national Dutch TV.
    - When starting this APP already a warning message is given that one may try it but that it is not compatible.
    - The menu's do work (navigation is best done using the mouse feature on the remote or better even using a real pointer-mouse) but videos won't play.
    It is in Dutch but should not be difficult to try as it is mostly visual.

The APP works without problems on a Smart-TV and also on a Smart Phone. I don't think it has anything to do with DRM just with Android compatibility.

Use GappsInstaller-rtk-7.1_v1.2.4.apk which is the most current version.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2019
  7. Nice Monkey

Once the GappsInstaller-rtk-7.1_v1.2.4.apk has been installed correctly there is no need to re-install it again with next FW updates.
    Gappsinstaller will be still there and working correctly as an APP and just needs to be run once again. Quite simple actually once known (one click on it, reboot it and all set to go).

The player works just fine without installing GAPP's too, but once installed it must be re-run with every update. It will not be fully stable without doing so, unless uninstalled completely.

Last edited: May 25, 2020
  8. Vappali

Vappali New Member

Hi!
    What is the latest version?
    GappsInstaller-rtk-7.1_v1.2.4.apk?

9. McBluna

McBluna Well-Known Member

1.2.4 is the current version

Vappali likes this.
  10. Vappali

Vappali New Member

Thanks!
    Beta?

11. McBluna

Do you ask if there is a beta or if it is beta?

12. Vappali

Vappali New Member

13. McBluna

There is no beta and it is no beta.
    It's just a downloader for the Google Apps. I've no idea if it download the latest versions or fixed versions. But at the end all apps are updated by goggle store if there are new versions available.

14. Vappali

Vappali New Member

It used to be. :)
    This is also an application, an apk.

15. Nice Monkey

GAPP's does not install the ICON for actual Google Services only for the Google Play Store.
    Looking under APP's with Android Setup also Google Play Services is found though. So it actually is installed.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2020
  16. Attention friends:

GappsInstaller seems to work well enough. However, one of the "residual effects" that I have come across in the very strange apparatus that is Zidoo Z10 has been: Google Play Store, in Zidoo Z10, does not even recognize the existence of Brave (browser)...

At least, that's how it works on my device and from my country. Although I can also assure that this does not happen in the other devices I have that are not Zidoo.

And this is just one of the many headaches that Zidoo offers us with the use of Zidoo Z10...

If you do not censor me, I will continue to expose the oddities of this device.

17. catorcio

catorcio Member

on my Zidoo Z10 Google Play Store is installed but it is not visible, to update my apps I had to download Aptoide, I would not buy the Zidoo anymore

18. Andrew Gordijen

Andrew Gordijen New Member

Hi guys,

Planning to buy z9s 7.1 can you advice please Netflix's does work in FHD 1080p and YouTube? Also does it play 3d iso files?

Thank you in advance!

19. Andrew, you have commercial information about the Z9S on the company's website. I attach a couple of views. ¡Luck! Screenshot_20210113-143944.png Screenshot_20210113-144125.png

20. Andrew Gordijen

Andrew Gordijen New Member

I can't find answer that why asked. I read somewhere that after released this device company said in next updates should be sorted license for Netflix.