New firmware v2.1.14 beta version for ZIDOO X9S released(Music 3.0 upgrade to 3.1.8)

Discussion in 'X9S Official Firmware Releases' started by zidoo, Sep 26, 2018.

1. GoDi

GoDi Member

It was not, I renamed it by just name.mkv, and it started to play without going into 3d, but it will crash after few secs, or immediately if I try to fast forward it.
    I was not trying to play this 2160p 3D via optical, I was trying to stream it like other files, it just does not work.

2. In my case, the problem of stuttering in Web-Dl continues less but continues :mad::mad::mad:

3. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

1080p 24 18.00 + gig web dl watched last night noticed a slight stutter but that was a vertical pan shot on a wing apart from that nano second played flawlessly .

Latest firmware on .

4. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

The problem is on real small files and that is to say typically below 5G Bytes. As I never use these neither have the problem, but many seem to follow the rule smaller is better. For me bigger is better with 1:1 being the preference when available.

DELUCAS likes this.
  5. DELUCAS

Totally agree and i prefer DTS / HD 5.1 - 7.1 master Audio also
    So one ot the reason i dont see it .

So why dont people get a slightly bigger file and all is good ?

6. Nice Monkey

They have a valid point as other players do a better job here also earlier FW's seem to have worked better. So it is a flaw indeed!

7. DELUCAS

True

Most of my files have been bigger for a while now but have come across one that was terrible with the stutter
    Hopefully an update soon to resolve issue .

8. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

Gentlemen, are dealing with 2 different issues here. The very obvious is strong stutter every few minutes on small files with high compression ratio and video bitrate of 4.5 Mbps or lower. This is no go for me. I can’t watch it. The second issue less visible the micro stutters (doubled frame) that is happening on the rest of the movies even 1 to 1 and 4K HDR 1:1 as long as the frame rate is 23.976 fps.
    @DELUCAS was watching larger movie with higher bitrate 24 fps (not 23.976) and didn’t see the second issue with micro stutters except for this one single blip that could have been part of something else like screen tearing. True stutter happens only on smaller files with high compression typically Web-Dl but not only and 23.976fps not 24fps.

We can safely say at this point that both frame rate issues are tied to 23.976 fps movies. The interesting part is that video processor is showing correct frame rate 23.976 at upper left corner of the screen when the move starts. If the internal clock is off but processor is thinking it is doing the right speed the movie should end sooner by 30s on 2 hour movie and nobody would ever know ;)
    Why is it correcting itself and where? Is it second clock in HDMI chip generating pixel clock at correct frequency or maybe the other way around? Or perhaps audio processor has correct clock for 23.976 Hz and A/V gets out of sync with stutter and double frames.

DELUCAS likes this.
  9. Ekul

Ekul Active Member

Very easy to say if it isnt working dont watch it.
    If people watch only big files iets their choice, but dont react here the.
    If you dont see microstutter be happy.
    But for the rest of us, who wants to be the first release watching iTunes webdl movies ,its impossible.
    Stuttering just is unacceptable for a mediaplayer. It should be core business for zidoo to guarantee smooth playback for all formats.
    Unfortually they dont care.
    Buy i doubt it will ever be fixed, i keep saying its a hardware (realtek) problem.
    I guess thats the reason realtek made the 1296dd+ soc.

10. Im my case the stuttering happens with Web-Dl, 23.976fps, but when i install PLEX on Zidoo and watch through it i don’t have this problem

11. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

I doubt very much that PLEX is working smooth without any glitches. You probably have constant single frame skips like Kodi player (ZDMC) from this article here. You just don't see it since it's not as obvious as stutter issue.

12. DELUCAS

Least with everyones input we at least know or getting closer what is causing it
    and why and some were not seeing it including me .
    Well for one bad file .

13. JohnC

JohnC New Member

It looks like the HDR to SDR conversion is broken in this build, are others finding the same thing?

14. godalmighty

godalmighty Active Member

why you have to convert your HDR content to SDR
    if you dont have UHD tv and why you have HDR contents :(
    and what you mean by "broken" what it look like
    i will try it for you with my fullHD tv
    i had tried it before with previous firmware, and it work fine, it not look amaze like HDR but the color is not wash out

15. SaskMedia

SaskMedia Member

A lot of people have 4K TVs without HDR. It's hard to find some media where they encode a 2160p SDR version.

16. JohnC

JohnC New Member

Colours look far too vivid as SDR coversion is back to not working for 4K BD iso rips. Needed cos my tv has 4K but no HDR, obviously!

17. JohnC

JohnC New Member

Correct!

18. hdmkv

hdmkv Active Member Beta test group

19. Nice Monkey

Youtube! Forget about cinema movies these are mostly with HDR.

Z9S does a better job at HDR ==> SDR down conversion.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2018
  20. Tony77

Tony77 Member

I am not suggesting to change the framerate.. in tsmuxergui it should identify the proper framerate..

I think we are all going to see different things depending upon our tv.. As I was saying earlier 24p movies/files will play properly on a 120hz 4k tv, but differently on a 60hz 4ktv.. On a 120hz 4k panel the 24p divides evenly into 120 by the number 5, so true 24p will display each frame 5xs or 5:5 creating a smoother picture without creating fake frames as occurs in 3:2 pulldown.. If you have a 4ktv that's 60hz panel that same 24p file will be displayed by the tv with either 3:2 pulldown, or some newer tv's they use 2:2 at 48hz refesh rate.. So depending on the television the same EXACT file will play differently depending upon your tv if you select 24p output on your player..

It also depends how your tv PERCEIVES that signal...It is supposed to recognize 24p content correctly over your hdmi cable.. as many 4k tvs don't actually have TRUE 120hz displays, it's possible you may get a better picture in 1080p output as the tv may be able to handle the 24p content better..

(fyi-there is NO such thing as a tv displaying at 24hz)

Im not saying there isn't an issue with the zidoo, just that regardless, we have to take the above into consideration as nobody will have content that displays identically!