New firmware v2.1.14 beta version for ZIDOO X9S released(Music 3.0 upgrade to 3.1.8)

Discussion in 'X9S Official Firmware Releases' started by zidoo, Sep 26, 2018.

1. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

Odd ive upgraded two X10 no issues

2. Tony77

Tony77 Member

You misunderstood EVERYTHING!

⚠most importantly did you TRY WHAT I SAID, before your ranting?? Apparently not... This is the problem with people who assume they know EVERYTHING!

muxing to a m2ts DOES change the stream, fyi! You would've seen that if you TRIED!

2) I was referring to you WEBdl files I've seen complaints about..I am not referring to bluray

3) Those variable frame rates I referenced are from mediainfo! thought that was common sense..I've never seen the player show framerates as such.

4) fyi. My tv is a samsung quantum.. I don't know where u got cheap IPTV from? SO when I have problems I ALSO force 3840x2060 @60fps.. Since my tv has 120hz refresh rate it creates a PERFECT picture for me with 23.978 content as it smooths the picture judder with 24p/23.987 WITHOUT dropping or removing ANY frames..(no pulldowns or any bs)

5)lastly. I specifically stated locking refresh rate in ZDMC for the people that use that or kodi instead of zidoo player, AND becuz the NATIVE player CAN be used in ZDMC so to cover all bases this option should be used as it can hurt!

In summary.. Its a good idea to TRY something before knocking it!

DAMN..."No good deed ....."

Last edited: Oct 18, 2018
  3. Carsten Busch

Carsten Busch Member

Nice workourand. But we still should expect to deliver perfect 23.796 playback from Zidoo again as it already worked in the past.

4. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

Recoding of the video is not acceptable solution in my terms. Compromise in quality loss is to high plus the time spent on recoding and moving files.

@Tony77 looks like you mixed up frame rate with bit rate from Mediainfo.
    When you force TV to 60Hz you will get 3:2 pulldown. It masks a lot of frame rate issues.

5. godalmighty

godalmighty Active Member

@Tony77
    i`ve tried to remux the web-dl file and yes look like it fixed the problem and the movie play smoothly
    but this is what i found
    Screenshot_20181019-125820.png Screenshot_20181019-130748.png Screenshot_20181019-130831.png
    i think they automaticly increase the framerate to 25fps :p
    even i dont touched it when remuxed it
    tsmuxer.PNG tsmuxer1.PNG

but lucky me, i dont have through this coz i dont like my movie in web-dl version
    but for my tv shows i have no option and i dont have @3DBuff `s problem coz i used hevc files even it from web-dl version

3DBuff likes this.
  6. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

@godalmighty thanks for testing this theory for us :)

If the movie was recoded from 23.976 fps to 25 fps wouldn't you see this annoying micro-stutter every second?
    If the frame rate was changed there would be 2 options:
    1. The movie would pause every second for one additional frame causing this micro-stutter paused (doubled frame) in continuous playback.
    2. The movie would run faster and finish earlier by roughly 5 minutes on 2 hour movie.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2018
  7. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

Looks like Zidoo player has issues with 23.976 fps movies only for both the stutter and doubled frame. I tested Web-Dl movie yesterday in native 24 fps (not recoded) and didn’t see stutter issue.

8. godalmighty

godalmighty Active Member

maybe my eyes cannot notice micro stutter :D
    but i prefered to play with this 25fps
    and for the finished time, i dont want to see this movie again coz i kindly dont like this movie :(
    but in media info both still have the same length
    fgt1.PNG fgt2.PNG
    and you see, the file size increase including the overall bitrate

edited:
    i`m sorry i dont carefully noticed it :(
    yes it faster about 4minutes

Last edited: Oct 19, 2018
    3DBuff likes this.
  9. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

If this is the case and TS Muxer is changing the speed of the timeline without recording the stream we could force 24 fps. The speed change of 24 fps from 23.976 would be marginal and Zidoo can play it without frame rate glitches.

Of course this has to be validated but again why would anybody get into this Remuxing and coping to watch a movie. In my case TV plays those files just fine. I still have to get it there somehow by USB or active network media server and I don’t get the database with movie info on the TV. But that’s why I bought the Zidoo ;)

10. GoDi

GoDi Member

This firmware has Finnish language subtitles broken, and probably many other languages...
    Meaning... Finnish in Finnish is Suomi, and even though I have set language in main system to English, when I set default subtitle language, it will show the languages in their own languages, so for me it shows Suomi as default subtitle language, instead of Finland...
    Well, this is a problem because when I start to watch a bluray ISO, that has English, Finnish, and tons of more languages, it always defaults to something that reminds Suomi word, and not to Finnish subtitle, for me it always chooses swansi etc as the subtitle language when I start to watch a movie, which obviously is wrong...

Also, does anyone know if I connect an external bluray drive to zidoo, am I able to watch 3D bluray with it too?

11. Coruja3D

Coruja3D New Member

Thank you Zidoo Team for welcome update to the terrific X9S! :)

12. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

It will play disks that don’t have any copy protection. You would need to rip original Blu-Ray Disc to ISO and write it back to recordible disk.

13. GoDi

GoDi Member

Ah, that sucks, I just tried it out with an external drive but I could not get either simpsons or star trek 3d (original) discs to play, the screen just stayed black, I guess its because of the copy protection then? :(
    Too bad, I was hoping I could stop using my PS4 as br player (it's a hassle to switch to game settings and movie settings)... :(

Is it possible to just install an older firmware on top of this?
    The subtitle bug is really pissing me off :(

14. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

Yes first page of this thread:
    - Support for un-encrypted DVD/BD playback, support for Blu-ray and DVD navigation, and any file supported by player stored in the optical disk

Waste of time if you ask me. Fix the player with 23.976 fps issues first.
    What could you possibly do with external optical player that plays un-encrypted disks? Play home made movies or recorded disks with your own custom printed covers? The second you put original disk it stops working. You would need another player for 40 bucks that will do all optical disks in one place.

Carsten Busch likes this.
  15. GoDi

GoDi Member

Well, considering the player can play the .iso files without any problems, I dont see how to use the external drive yeah :(

I also run into another problem, I have 2160p 3d hsbs movie and it just crashes at the start :(
    All the other 3d moves play fine :(

16. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

Hmm, 2160p 3d hsbs movie was probably made by upconverting and recompiling from the 3D MVC source. If you do have 4K 3D TV this could be done on the fly by the TV from 3D MVC source. Improvement in quality of recompiled 2160p 3d hsbs would be questionable since is has to be decompressed, up scaled, reformatted and re compressed again.

As far as playing 2160p 3d hsbs stream from Zidoo you shouldn't have any issues. It should run just like any other 4K source. The switch to 3D has to be done manually in the TV. I don't have any of those files and I can't confirm but 2160p 3d hsbs would be just like any other 4K files. Don't try to get the 3D in Zidoo. There is no 3D 4K standard and it won't work. You should see double frame on the screen side by side. It has to be converted into 3D by the TV manually put into 3D SBS mode.

17. GoDi

GoDi Member

I dont quite understand what u mean?
    I have a 3D 4k TV, and I have loads of 3d titles that I use in Zidoo, the player and the TV always automatically switch to 3D mode and play just fine.

The file actually starts just fine, and I can see the images for a second, and then the player just crashes saying gallery has stopped working...
    Same error came when I tried to play a 3D bluray (original) from the external bluray drive...

18. elmc

elmc New Member

DVD ISO cannot be recognised in poster wall. It displayed as BD. Besides, DVD chapter is not function. On the other hand, if the video resolution can be switched manually by the menu/setting during playback should be an advantage.

19. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

Maybe Zidoo is trying to play 3D 4K. I tested recorded 3D ISO and it worked for me from optical external drive.

20. Coruja3D

Coruja3D New Member

This update has broken HDR playback - has anybody else experienced this? Will see about downgrading to previous firmware to try and get it working again.

My apologies I jumped the gun on this. Actually HDR had stopped working on my TV- some issue with detecting the signal. Also my UBP player (Sony X700) would not trigger HDR mode on my TV. So my bad and sorry Zidoo developers - it was just a coincidence it happened at the same time.

Managed to get HDR working again this morning on the UBP and will try my Zidoo now.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2018