Newbie question on X9S video quality

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by shiro, Oct 20, 2018.

1. shiro

shiro New Member

Hi,
    I just bought my X9S (I didn't realize Z9S is coming :( ), but after fiddled with all the setting, I still couldn't get clear and sharp video as compare to my old M55. Any suggestion what I can try? I connect X9S to Pioneer LX83 amp and then to Pioneer Kuro 500m. I have also tried connect X9S directly to Pioneer.
    Many thanks!

2. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

Hi i have the same Monitor as you and still going strong :)
    Mine is connected to my Receiver then through my Pioneer Monitor and stunning results .

Set Zidoo to 1080p 60
    10 bit

Hdr on

Will update as im away from my box

3. shiro

shiro New Member

Hmm, I have plugged and unplugged every single cable and restore factory setting and it seems better than before. However in doing so, I have erased everything installed by my seller lol.

Have to compare side by side with the M55 to actually tell.

BTW, am I missing a lot not getting the Z9S instead?

Thanks

4. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

To early to tell at moment
    But a lot depends on the file you put in .
    As you know the 500M shows up everything pic wise etc

Ive up my gb size for pic and sound now on my X10

Set up the Zidoo box properly and you should see stunning picture .

There is some enhancements on the Z9s / Z10 wether the 500m takes advantage i doubt it .

5. shiro

shiro New Member

Ok, I realized it is my HDMI cable that is acting funny. My 10 years old Wireworld HDMI between the X9S and my amp is the cause (at least partially). By replacing the cable even with the bundle HDMI, I am able to get much better picture quality already. I don't understand why but the WW HDMI is working fine with my M55.
    I am also trying to exchange my X9S for the Z9S. Although it might not make much difference, for a bit more I might as well get the newer model.

Have anyone compare the X9S with ATV using infuse?