Faulty remote.

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by olisun, Aug 24, 2018.

1. olisun

olisun Member

Hi,

The remote on my Zidoo 9XS has stopped working.

The light on the remote keeps constantly flashing and actions keep repeating in the UI as if the OK button has been constantly pressed.

I have changed the batteries on the remote and also reset the main unit twice.

Any advice?

2. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

From the description I deduct that indeed a button on it is hung. Happens more often specifically with the most frequently used buttons.
    You can try to open the unit or bend it a bit to correct but I would get a new (better) one instead.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2018
  3. olisun

olisun Member

The unit is still under warranty and I have emailed Zidoo Direct on amazon.

4. olisun

olisun Member

The seller wants me to send them a video of the problem so that the engineers can find a solution for the problem.

errrr.

5. olisun

olisun Member

Still no solution to my broken remote which is still under warranty.

6. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Do yourself a pleasure and get a better one. The Riitek MX3 (and clones) is a good example (IR+RT+pointer mouse+qwerty keyboard).
    You can use your smartphone as a remote control too (webbrowser server on Zidoo ).

7. n_p

n_p Active Member

8. olisun

olisun Member

Still no sign of the replacement remote..

It was allegedly shipped on the 23rd September one week after raising the fault.

Thanks for your replies but I don't see why should I spend more money on buying different remotes when the unit is still under warranty.

Will I be buying Zidoo products again? After this experience I don't think so.

9. n_p

n_p Active Member

Because its better in every way (more responsive to button presses (BT instead of IR - some BT remotes are slow as well - this one is fast)), better virtual mouse capabilities, on device keyboard, ...

Ok, then not -
    *shrug*

10. olisun

olisun Member

Replacement remote arrive and all working fine.