Problem with 29,97 fps and 59,94 fps movies (deinterlace)

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by burton, Apr 19, 2018.

1. burton

burton Member

All movies play fine, except the ones with 29,97 and 59,94 fps .The display turns to 60hz and not to 24 and the result is a jerky picture with microstutters. This is a major bug because many movies, especially old ones (dvd ntsc for example) have 29,94 and 59,94fps.......they probably need to be deinterlaced or inversed telecine and they do not play correctly at all .....please fix it...
    (I am talking about the native player (not zdmc) and it happens until the latest version)
    Other media players such as dune,himedia nad even kodi player , play them smoothly , i think zidoo is a very good media player but lacks a very important feature like that!

Last edited: Apr 22, 2018
  2. Ekul

Ekul Active Member

29/30 and 59/60 should all play at 60fps and not 24.
    A known bug is 25fps , its outputs 25 , but it should be 50fps.

3. burton

burton Member

Kodi outputs 24p signal when it plays those files (with deinterlace on ) at only then they play smooth with no problem.The same with himedia q10pro.I think 29,97 movies are interlaced and have a 3:2 pulldown, and what kodi does is deinterlaces them and does an inverse pulldown as well (not an expert but from what i have read...) in order to present the movie from 29.97 back to 24fps..The point is in kodi and himedia they output 24p in 29.97 and 59.954 movies and they play fine.If the output is 60 like zidooplayer does, then they stutter and become jerky.

4. Ekul

Ekul Active Member

All my 29/59 movies plays well at 60 hz ouput. (Only 25 not)
    When i force the player to 24 (turn off auto framerate and set output at fixed 24)
    playback of 29/59 is not smooth.
    Is your tv setting ok and technical able to play 60hz ?

Btw, also on my rpi3 playback of 29/59 fps is not smooth at fixed 24. At 60 perfect.

5. burton

burton Member

I have tested it in both my lg tvs one oled and one lcd.my movies are old movies from the 40s and 50s most of them from dvds(maybe ntsc also)are your movies similar?also if 59.94 is the correct display why does kodi and himedia turn them automatically to 24?i dont know but i dont think its a tv problem....if your movies are recent movies maybe they do not need to be deinterlaced or to be 2:3 pulldown.i guess that because kodi plays them fine onlywith deinterlacing on....

Last edited: Apr 23, 2018
  6. Ekul

Ekul Active Member

Strange... i have a few concerts... for example U2-360 degrees, who are original 59.97 fps and plays smooth at that framerate on all systeems. If play at 24 judder will occur.

7. burton

burton Member

New movies play fine at 59,97, the problem is with old movies (dvd etc as i mentioned before).Also, when i press pause zidooplayer says the video is 20,20fps or 30,30fps which ofcourse those are not proper fps, instead of showing that the video is 29,97 or 59,94...
    If someone from tech support could play a movie eg criss cross with burt lancaster they would understand what i mean and try to fix it.Zidoo is a media player and it is a pitty if it cannot play so many movies with those specifications!

Last edited: Apr 24, 2018
  8. x9suser

x9suser Member

Is this correct way that Zidoo is doing with auto frame rate (FW latest 2.0.34)

1) Off = Zidoo upscale/convert video to whatever resolution/refresh rate that you set on Zidoo settings.

2) Switch frame rate only = original frame rate is maintained per original movie but resolution is converted to resolution set in Zidoo settings.

3) Switch frame rate and resolution = Video's original frame rate and resolution untouched and sent to the TV for upscaling and conversion.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2018
  9. burton

burton Member

Hi,

Not sure if this is what zidoo does, but for the problem i am referring to the solution has not yet found.In 2.0.34 the problem is still there.

10. burton

burton Member

Still no solution with 2.1.12 beta.......