New firmware v2.1.14 beta version for ZIDOO X9S released(Music 3.0 upgrade to 3.1.8)

Discussion in 'X9S Official Firmware Releases' started by zidoo, Sep 26, 2018.

1. gadgetman

gadgetman Active Member

5. Fixed part of the navigation failure problem

like what? so if i try close encounters will i get the menu now?

Think i will give this update a miss nothing new for me . bye

2. blasiusx

blasiusx Member

Have rolled back to 2.0.34. No more short video information in the Player GUI during playback. And i dislike the new Player GUI.

And, as i told:

"And how can I quickly jump to the next video, if the currently playing video chapter has? Previously, you just had to press the "page up" button or the "page down" button twice, and the next or previous video was played. This is not possible anymore. If you press "page up" or "page down", the same thing happens as when you press the chapter key "up and down". What shoud that ? Please undo, in the firmware 2.0.34 has still worked."

3. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

First of all it is an impressive update list. :)
    No idea yet which items affect my use?
    Also some surprises like "Support CD/DVD/BD SATA and USB optical drive". Specifically the SATA support which makes sense with the new RTD1296 based models having 2 of these. Must try that one of these days. ;)

Tried mainly the new ZidooMusic Player 3.0 which is optional to be installed. It is really an Alpha as stated in the sense that many things still work only partially or do not work at all. But overall it looks impressive with good functionality in the make combined with still an intuitive setup.
    What works seems also to be fairly stable even better than Beta ZidooMusic Player 2.0. This with the notable exception of the scraper which crashes frequently and strangely misses to find most of the songs within found albums. The player works for me reasonable well using MP3 or FLAC as the format and the file browser to get a playlist running. No CUE sheets for DTS-CD and no SACD support yet.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2018
  4. BREY

BREY Member

unfortunately there was a problem WEB-DL 1080p MPEG-4 AVC , which is on all firmware older than 2.0.15. at me it is visible as not so pleasant sensation for eyes and periodic (time in 2-4 minutes) braking (a failure of shots) images. I returned to 2.0.15 and again the image is smooth. very sorry - like the new video player. tv Samsung KS8000 .

к сожалению осталась проблема с WEB-DL 1080p MPEG-4 AVC , которая есть на всех прошивках старше 2.0.15 . у меня это видно как не очень приятное ощущение для глаз и периодический ( раз в 2-4 минуты ) торможение ( провал кадров ) изображения . я вернулся на 2.0.15 и опять изображение плавное . очень жалко - понравился новый видео плеер . тв Samsung KS8000 .

5. Nice Monkey

That BD does not work with a Menu on any of the many media players I tried (Android and Windows PC based). No idea what is so peculiar about it?

6. gadgetman

gadgetman Active Member

interesting, so menu navigation any improvements? and what about branching?

think i will hang on before i update but will keep scanning this forum.

7. Nice Monkey

Branching was working remarkable better with the previous version (not completely solved but no audio loss anymore and shorter/fewer freezes). Did not test it with this one yet.

Yes chapter, track and video-file back/forward always has been and still is a problem using the remote control with Zidoo (and other Android based media players) even worse using multiple remotes (IR, RF, BT) whith different layouts (and codes behind those).
    - Adding a key mapping feature is probably the way to go to solve this effectively (as everybody likes it different).
    - Using short, long and double presses mapped to these 3 functions may also do it.

8. sergeich27

sergeich27 New Member

I agree, new interface is very bad

9. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

Can someone post a photo of this gui
    Please

10. sergeich27

sergeich27 New Member

Sorry, i'm back to 2.1.1 stock firmware.

11. Tukker

Tukker Member

All x265 has the wrong color range again!!

Do those zidoo scripkiddies not test anything before releases firmware?

Quickly back tot 1.4.16.

pcristi likes this.
  12. Appie72

Appie72 New Member

The problem sucks but nice to read I'm not the only one!

13. PacoRabanne

PacoRabanne Well-Known Member Beta test group

I'll wait for more reports here about this release...
    Not ready to do a reflash if something for my (limited) use is unacceptable.
    Thanks in advance to the brave ones!
    (no one from Zidoo asked me to test this or almost all previous releases)

14. godalmighty

godalmighty Active Member

for me i like the new gui for player
    resume for bd.iso for some file, the timing is not precise

15. MadAndron75

MadAndron75 New Member

Everything looks nice. But this is not the main function of the media player. The main thing is to correctly display the video. And since firmware 2.0.15 it's all broken for all Web-DL 1080p after the every scene change(what turns viewing into a real anguish for the eyes) and for crop video Web-DL 1080p. Also stuttering web-dl playback after every 10 minutes.

16. JohnS

JohnS Member

Yeah me too, I like the new GUI, mostly the pause screen showing the movie info. I also like the time remaining info when you press the forward backward button.

17. JohnS

JohnS Member

Yeah me too, I like the new GUI, mostly the pause screen showing the movie info. I also like the time remaining info when you press the forward backward button.

18. mattmarsden

mattmarsden Active Member

As a 2.35:1 screen user it would be nice to have the option to have the gui displayed within the 2.35:1 area.

19. Nice Monkey

Also movies are marked now after viewing a feature asked for by many.

20. hdmkv

hdmkv Active Member Beta test group

SACD .dsf files seem to play but there's no sound/audio.