Home Theater 2.0 - Tips/Questions/Tricks

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1295)' started by manifesto1969, Jan 26, 2018.

1. godalmighty

godalmighty Active Member

i thought all this is because they misintrepetation about "COLLECTION" and "SET"
    for what i know, when i used popcornhour, they used "SET" for the movie that have sequel and never miss matched
    maybe coz zidoo used COLLECTION they missmatched with COLLECTOR`s EDITION in database
    [​IMG]

but this is just maybe, i dont know for sure

Last edited: Jul 25, 2018
  2. droiter

droiter Member

in a future update.
    can you incorporate on each video poster, the time in% of what one has watched of the video and a "v" to say that has seen this episode or movie.
    and also create groups of film / serie
    easier for management

3. Pascal K

Pascal K New Member

Where can I set the movie to "mark as seen"? In the new version v2.0.34 this should work...

4. godalmighty

go to poster menu or click n hold the poster
    theres the option for we choose to add tag as "Watched" or "unWatched"

5. highonthehog

highonthehog New Member

Hi all,

anyway to auto start to Home theater 2.0 directly upon booting up the X9s?

Thanks

6. Pascal K

Pascal K New Member

OK, but you don't see any mark which is watched or not on the poster wall? You have to click onto it... And with TV series you can not mark episodes "mark as watched" because there it would be very helpful especially when you wanna see "the next" episode of a series which you haven't watched for a longer time

Last edited: Jul 30, 2018
  7. godalmighty

thats why the gave UNWATCHED categorized, so all the movie that mark as WATCHED did not show up again
    yes maybe next update can give a tag too for episodes in tv shows
    but for now, every episodes we watched, we will known as the different in play icon
    View attachment 2800
    View attachment 2801
    View attachment 2802

Last edited: Jul 31, 2018
  8. Pascal K

Pascal K New Member

OK, nice, would be also great to have a little mark on the main poster wall so that I don't have to switch in the UNWATCHED folder. Makes things much easier if you don't have to change view...

9. godalmighty

for me the UNWATCHED categorized is very usefull coz i dont have to look all of my movie`s poster to find which one is unwatched :( even if they have a watched tag in their poster
    coz i have a lot of movie posters :(

10. Pascal K

Pascal K New Member

UNWATCHED folder is for sure useful but sometimes I wanna just scroll through the poster wall to let me inspire what movie to watch even if I have already seen it. Sometimes I just watch the movie again because I just like it and because I have so many movies it's good to have a little mark just to remember.

11. droiter

droiter Member

and also have the double subtitles as in MX player. important when you are in a bilingual environment.
    example: in belgium in brussels VO movies at the cinema are subtitled in french and dutch at the same time

12. myzidoo

myzidoo Active Member Beta test group

Anyone knows best practices to enter tv-series which are in iso format ?? My series are all iso's. if BD i have several episodes per disc, several discs per season...etc...

Or asked otherwise, is there a guide of all theaterwall 2.0 accepted naming conventions somewhere which one can use and could help indexing/cascading ??

13. chino2728

chino2728 New Member

Anyone knows how to disband episodes so they have their own poster and synopsis. For example, in The Sopranos, I have a poster/folder for Season 1, but when I click Season 1 it shows just a single poster with just the A,B,C,D... as your options for episodes. I wanna be able to see the synopsis for each episode before I watch it. Is that possible?

14. godalmighty

maybe its all about naming the files
    can you capture what you got there

15. JohnS

JohnS Member

That’s not how HT2 works, if you press a season it opens the episode guide with episodes numbered as 1,2,3 etc and each episode has its own description. Check your file naming

16. manifesto1969

manifesto1969 Member

Scraping of TV series in iso format will not work. You need to split each episode out as separate files and then name them like so: Game.Of.Thrones.S01E01.Winter.Is.Coming
    The websites that are used to scrape tv series info will not detail which disc contains what episodes as dependant upon the region of the disc there can be different number of episodes on it. i.e. Region A Disc 1 contains 3 episodes. Region B Disc 1 (of same series) contains 4 episodes!

17. chino2728

chino2728 New Member

Thanks GodAlmighty and JohnS. I followed the naming format with the periods for spaces - The.Sopranos.S01E01.The.Sopranos. Hey JohnS can you show me a picture of that episode guide you are talking about? I'll see if im seeing the same thing. Thanks!

18. JohnS

JohnS Member

So this is what you see in a season. You pick the season and then you have the episode guide at the bottom (1,2,3etc) with a synopsis of each episode plus a different image as you can see on third picture

Attached Files:

19. myzidoo

myzidoo Active Member Beta test group

Thanks...thought so. Another way I have found to do is to only scrape the first episode of the iso. Is subotimal but gives a sense to full menu support. in the case of episode splitting the navigation is per se done in theater wall and not with the disc menu..which I prefer.
    It is clear that it couldn't work o_O..you are right...the info of episodes per disc is not available to the scraper....

20. chino2728

chino2728 New Member

Thanks JohnS! That is exactly what I have. So I guess what I have is standard. I was wondering whether we can separate those episodes into their own posters kinda like what you have when you choose the seasons you will play. Episode 1 with its own poster and when you click it, you can see the episode's summary. If that's not available then thanks everyone for answering my question. Appreciate it!