Tips and tricks. Unofficial guides and fixes. User edition.

Discussion in 'General - Guides and FAQ' started by HaoSs, Dec 7, 2016.

1. cyber7

cyber7 Active Member Beta test group

I still have the question of: HOW DO YOU DO A FULL UNROOT ON THIS DEVICE?

2. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

Im assuming you are talking about x9s and variants. Not sure if possible wethout breaking openwrt

3. cyber7

cyber7 Active Member Beta test group

Hi @HaoSs
    Actually, I don't care about openwrt. I need a box that is totally unrooted to stream my cable-provider content. It sees this box as rooted :(

How will I go about removing openwrt from this box? I believe it sees this as part of the OS and then BAM stops me telling me the device is rooted!

4. PacoRabanne

PacoRabanne Well-Known Member Beta test group

Same problem with some pay tv apps, reported loooong time ago by many users.
    Me too still waiting for a real full unroot, or, if not feasible, an explanation of why.

cyber7 likes this.
  5. Compuman

Compuman New Member

Same problem...

Exist a 1.4.12 firmware without openwrt ? Or a method to disinstall all openwrt ?

I think the problem is not root/unroot (some app works well on other rooted devices)

But that Zidoo is not similar a "normal rooted device"... it have something different (maybe is openwrt?)

6. PacoRabanne

No, the same issue is present in X6 Pro, that I own, and don't have OpenWRT at all.
    There was some discussions about "root" issue, if nor erased search in the forums.

7. Compuman

Compuman New Member

Have H6 PRO the same root issue ?
    Ora that device works well with root/unroot (completely) software ?
    NB
    In particolar I am looking for a device where skygo works (there is an app version for root device that works well in other device but not on Zidoo X8)

8. PacoRabanne

Mine is not a typo. X6 Pro is an "old" Zidoo device, completely different from H6 Pro (that I don't own).
    Can't help you more then this.

9. Compuman

Compuman New Member

Thanks for "no" reply, but my question is on NEW H6 PRO model...

If someone have this model, can answer my question...

10. maxbox68

maxbox68 New Member

Hi, I need some help with samba server.
    How to configure internal storage of X9S in Samba ?
    I need to see internal storage in windows.
    No problem with USB disk. I give access to /mnt/sda1 and I see in windows my USB3.0 1TB disk.
    But how to configure Internal Storage of X9S so that it is viewed from windows?

11. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

apparently is not possible, but never tried myself

maxbox68 likes this.
  12. TV BOX HCM

TV BOX HCM New Member

Thanks so much!

13. warmq

warmq New Member

this topic is very nice.

14. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

it's a bit old :) but the tips are still good

15. virelords

virelords New Member

for ftp setup what should i fill in this box ? cant found on youtube tutorial
    local user tab - "local root" ?

16. Aliceyt

Aliceyt New Member

thanks for sharing this information.:D

17. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

what in god's name are you trying to say ?

18. Callanish

Callanish New Member

I have the Z9S model and I also own a Zappiti 4K HDR. The Zappiti has an aspect button on the remote that automatically fills the screen. It comes in handy for letterbox type movies where you are willing to deal with a distorted size picture to get the entire screen filled. Now I know the Zidoo can access aspect size through the menu system when a movie is running. What I was wondering is if there's any way to create the same one button aspect option on the Zidoo remote without having to do multiple steps for full screen. I'm guessing there isn't an answer to this, but I just thought I'd ask if there are any tips on screen aspect usage that I might be missing here.

Thanks for any input.

19. Samuel072

Samuel072 New Member

Thanks for letting know man

20. BoneProtector

BoneProtector New Member

Great write,thanks for sharing

callanish1 likes this.