X9S HOW TO FLASH ZIDOO X9S UNIT

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by HoneCharles, Oct 8, 2016.

1. Gdm1972

Gdm1972 New Member

Maxim, could You suggest the settings in Putty or hyper terminal, I cannot connect to the box . There is no information on the terminal screen.

2. slavensiz

slavensiz New Member

Restore consoles using USB 2.0 TTL UART.
    My recovery option
    1. Download the ZIDOO_X9S_v1.4.12_img image to the USB flash drive with 4 files from this image or firmware (OTA-ZIDOO_X9S-v1.4.12) bluecore.audio,emmc.uImage,rescue.emmc.dtb,rescue.root.emmc.cpio.gz_pad.img
    https://www.zidoo.tv/Support/support_guide/guide_target/LpUhOsHcwiveq7k9e[ld]3ulg==.html
    2. You need a TTL USB adapter and drivers for it in Windows.
    3.Connect the TTL USB-adapter to your UART port in the console. Connect the wires, connect RXD to TX, TXD to RX, GND to GND, do not connect 3.3v.
    4. Configure PuTTY, speed: 115200, data bits: 8, stop bits: 1, parity: no, flow control: no.
    COM port will be different for everyone, look in the device manager, save the settings.
    5.Disable for a while: Control Panel \ All Control Panel Items \ User Accounts \ Change Account Control Settings \
    The slider in the bottom (Never notify) is saved.
    6. Press Esc on the keyboard (it does not work on all Windows 10 with this button, it depends on the Release Version,
    if it fails, try without Esc or with Windows 7, Windows XP), run PuTTY,
    click on the already configured Serial_COM4_115200_Zidoo, turn on the console without a flash drive, you do not need to press the reset button, after 3 seconds release Esc,
    if you started PuTTY without Esc, if possible, quickly stop the continuation of the log with the Esc button, Enter, so as not to miss the invitation Realtek>
    or use the instructions, especially useful in someone working prefix can not be updated to increase or decrease the firmware from: smith0211 http://w3bsit3dns.com/forum/index.phps=&showtopic=772588&view=findpost&p=84001793
    7.When the log is loaded into PuTTY and the prompt is Realtek>
    We insert the USB flash drive into USB 2.0 with the image + 4 files, enter - goru, press Enter.
    There should be a download and firmware from a flash drive.We are waiting for 5-10 minutes. If everything went well, the prefix will reboot itself, if not,perform the following.
    Option number 1
    After each command, press Enter. Type: help, factory, factory reset, factory save, factory info, factory list.
    After the invitation Realtek> insert the USB flash drive into USB 2.0 with the image + 4 files, enter - goru, press Enter.
    There should be a download and firmware from a flash drive. We wait 5-10 minutes.
    If everything went well, the prefix will reboot itself. If after 10 minutes the add-on has not rebooted and the flash drive continues to flash.
    Turn off the prefix, remove the flash drive, check the image again for a hash sum and start back from point number 3 number 4 number 5 next option number 2.
    Option number 2
    After each command, press Enter. Enter: help, factory, factory delete path, factory reset, factory save, factory read path, factory info, factory list.
    After the invitation Realtek> insert the USB flash drive into USB 2.0 with the image + 4 files, enter - goru, press Enter.
    The download and firmware should go from the flash drive. We wait 5-10 minutes. If everything went well, the prefix will reboot itself. It should look like this
    putty.log of the restored console. Amendment: apparently so putty.log looked like on prefixes released before firmware 2.1.1.
    The new looks different. And it will probably be a recovery under a different scenario.
    Who has lost the common MAC address during recovery, can be prescribed according to the instructions from here:
    http://www.android-mediaplayer.de/i...nde-LAN-MAC-Adresse/?postID=108793#post108793
    You can restore the console without connecting to the TV. Only then, before connecting the HDMI cable to the console, turn off the TV,
    You do everything at your own peril and risk, I think it will be no worse than it is, good luck.

0.1.jpg 0.2.png 1.png 2.png 3.png 4.png

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 2, 2019
  3. maxbox68

maxbox68 New Member

Hi, can I update from 1.4.12 directly to 2.0.15 ?

4. Sarco

Sarco Active Member Beta test group

Y
    Yes, each update file have all modify file from the original firmware.

maxbox68 likes this.
  5. maxbox68

maxbox68 New Member

Thanks a lot Sarco !
    I must re-flash my X9S because this morning I manage with Developer options ( HDMI / DP different source ) and when I re run the X9S I view only coloured dots both in HDMI both in AV !
    I don't know what that option do .... so Is my fault. But what that option do ?

6. Sarco

Usualy DP is use for Display Port, maybe it is when you have HDMI to DP adapter, I don't know

maxbox68 likes this.
  7. Zidoo can you make a restore image for the latest firmware v2.0.25. Also what is the current latest image version available as of now?

8. Android arun

Android arun Member

hi guys,
    my zidoo x9s suddenly display off, even the led shows blue in color but no display .
    plz help me.
    thnks

9. Its about time for a current version full firmware image for doing restore or recoverys. Zidoo please create one for your customers.

10. donny

donny Member

I need help, I see a green and is blocked.
    I was starting the downgrade via usb,on the display I read up,there is no video output from hdmi.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2018
  11. Sarco

Screen can go black on some tv, even so the flash will go on. Let the process go for a while it could take 15min or even more, sometime it stop at the midle for a while. If nothing work anymore you can use this procedure:

HOW TO FLASH ZIDOO X9S UNIT emergency procedure

Good luck.

12. donny

donny Member

Thanks you so much, Sarco ,now I read boot on the display. I extracted the install file of version 1.2.6 put in the usb stick and pressed the switch on the back.
    I do not think it's loading, I see the black screen and I read boot on the display.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2018
  13. Sarco

When using emergency procedure do not push the reset pin, use on/off switch at the back. Turn the unit off, insert USB thumb drive(in usb 2.0) and turn on the device. Wait...

14. donny

donny Member

Thanks, I am trying.I read Boot on display, but the usb key load five seconds after it seems all lock.
    Or by pressing the reset button, I read UP_ _

15. Sarco

When UP is on the process is underway.

16. donny

donny Member

Thanks again,with the emergency procedure,the usb stick seems to load only at the beginning then it goes off ....

17. Sarco

When upgrading the reading on usb will stop and go don't stop because you think is over... First step is formating the inner memory so it will not read anything for a while. Now if you stop the process it may be brick...

18. donny

donny Member

Thanks,The display shows BOOT or UP, but black screen and does not seem to load.The damage is unfortunately done.
    I interrupted the flash the first time for the green screen unfortunately ... and then in the other attempts always seemed blocked, so I turned off and tried again ....

19. Sarco

Some user report black screen... If UP is display WAIT...

20. donny

donny Member

Thanks for the help, it takes too long and seems to load nothing, as if it did not find the right file or something was spoiled.The messages on the display seem writings in automatic,without seeing the screen it is not understood anything.