Forced subtitles with external player (2d/ 3d Blu ISO)

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by James Cooke, Jul 22, 2018.

1. James Cooke

James Cooke New Member

Hi

I bought an x9s for a friend which I am currently testing/setting up. I am very impressed for local media playback, and plan to buy another for myself.

So far I have tested local SMB shares, my personal backups in 2D iso, 3d iso. All works fine and even HDMI CEC works well too.

The 3d iso playback is exceptional. Even powerdvd on my htpc cannot play back certain 3d iso scenes without stutter; only the discs themselves work perfectly. The Zidoo can handle everything so far without stutter, as good as using the discs but much quicker.

The one problem is forced subtitles.

As an English speaker, I obviously don't want English subtitles on all the time. I checked a 3d iso and although it can display the yellow foreign language pgs subtitles I cannot find a setting that works only for foreign/alien languages, i.e. forced subs only.

It's either English for the whole movie, or off completely. Kodi on the same box does forced subs by default, however I would like to be able to use my 3d library with zdmc / home theatre as its generally much quicker and less hassle to use than my htpc. Obviously Kodi can't play 3d mvc on this device so it's not an option.

Can anyone help with this please? Is it a known bug?

Last edited: Jul 22, 2018
  2. James Cooke

James Cooke New Member

Anyone? I searched the forum and all I can see are people with similar problem a few months ago, with some people claiming it works fine...

Last edited: Jul 22, 2018
  3. James Cooke

James Cooke New Member

I will assume the lack of response means it can't be done currently and perhaps has already been discussed. Are there any plans to make it wok in future? I'm not a fan anymore of converting backups or trying different external subs, mainly due to time constraints...

4. James Cooke

James Cooke New Member

To clarify, the problem is that I couldn't find the right setting to display English forced subtitles, without also showing English subtitles for all the speech in the movie.

Can someone please state whether they can play 3d iso with foreign language (ie. forced) subtitles in English?

Any reply would be very welcome.

5. gadgetman

gadgetman Active Member

Think you mean say like Avatar you require just the Navi language parts in English which are in yellow. The answer is no i cannot get to work unless you turn on the subtitle track which then gives you all the movie with subtitles. Another movie which is in 2d called baby driver, the sign language to is deaf friend needs subtitles and do not appear. This is unlikely to be ever fixed so give up i use an old media player for movies like this.