New firmware v2.0.34 version for ZIDOO X9S release

Discussion in 'X9S Official Firmware Releases' started by mirror, Jul 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I do not understand. Had installed the versaof irmware v2.0.32 now V.2.0.34. What's the difference

2. Summer Wind

Summer Wind New Member

Downgrade to 2.0.15. Because in some 1080p .mkv remuxes i see 5-7 sec of frame lags every 3-5 mins. 2.0.25 have same problem with same files.

3. Rumootje

Rumootje Member

The problem with hanging video occurs with Dolby HD Master/Atmos 7.1 Track. Playing is with the Dolby HD Master 5.1 is OK. Not sure if this a software problem in the X9S or a problem with my receiver which I doubt because I played other movies with Atmos without problems...

4. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

Is your Pioneer receiver capable of Dolby HD Master/Atmos 7.1 ?

5. Sarco

Sarco Active Member Beta test group

Atmos format should be address like 5.1.2, 5.1.4, or 7.1.2, 7.1.4 etc...

6. Rumootje

Rumootje Member

Yep, it is a Denon receiver X3300W (European version number) which is capable of playing Atmos 7.1 tracks. Just tried the 4K iso "The Martian" extended version which also has a Atmos track, also here the video start to be jerky after some time whereas the Dolby Digital track is OK.

The strange thing is that the receiver plays the Atmos track fine until a certain time/change of track. After that it is behaving peculiar, e.g. Coco 3D with the 7.1 track plays fine up until 57 minutes. After that time the video "hangs" several times towards the end of the movie. I'm sure I'm not the only one having this problem.

7. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

I was watching a bit of movies yesterday. The single random skipped frame is still there on new firmware .34 with HD and HDR UHD 23.976fps.

It's more noticeable at the beginning of the movies and about one second into the new scene. Never on long panning scenes.
    I think it is related to CPU speed changes rather than 23.976 to 23.98Hz issue. Raspberry Pi had this problem on earlier versions (night builds) of Kodi where CPU would drop the speed at the beginning of continuous scene causing this single dropped frame. Turbo Switch ON in Raspberry Pi config file would fix this problem keeping the speed consistent.

I wonder if there is a command or configuration somewhere with processor parameters where we could adjust and control processor clock speed.

8. thrang

thrang Member

I looked at this. This is really just and edid override mode and does not address the native frame rate the Zidoo outputs - I have no issuenwith my projector reporting and accepting 23.976 - the Zidoo is just slightly off...

They need to fix this and soon hopefully

9. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

What issues do you see from 23.976?

10. Carsten Busch

Carsten Busch Member

We see skipped frames that causes short stutter. I don't have this with my nvidia shield.

11. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

I don’t think those skipped frames are coming from pixel clock being off on 23.976Hz HD and UHD streams. I think it’s from CPU going from high speed to idle frequency when not too busy. See my post above.

12. Ekul

Ekul Active Member

It is because realtek has sold their faulty 1296 chip to Chinese manufacturers of "el cheapo" boxes, like zidoo. The Soc has so many bugs, but who cares, it's Chinese garbidge.
    The latest upgrade of 1296 chip, ver 2 , is better and only sold to A brands, like Dune.

13. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

?

Zappiti is also quite highly recommended .......
    That uses the same chipset as Zidoo X series

So the X20 and X20 pro 1296 chipset that Zidoo are also using are garbidge your saying ?

Do they not use the newer memory ?
    Bluetooth 4.1 ?
    Motherboard layout upgrade etc ?

As the Dune v 2 and essembled in the same factory as Zidoo ?

Last edited: Jul 24, 2018
  14. Mario Johnson

Mario Johnson New Member

Dune have had their fare share of bugs, i've got the HD Max. Since i've had it, it has audio drop outs HD tracks on blu-rays and if i install the latest firmware it won't play DVD's..... Sorry, rant over, back on topic.

15. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

If I'm correct and the random frame drops at the beginning of the new scene are coming from the CPU clock change than most likely it's an easy software fix and not hardware chip issue. Few weeks ago I saw someone talking about the same issue on 4K Apple TV with random frame skips at the beginning of the new scene. It was really bad on Raspberry Pi night builds couple of years ago. CPU and Video Processor are integrated into one chip for those small devices. There is separate clock speed for CPU, Video Processor, memory and other components. When video decoding is done by hardware video processor, CPU is used only for feeding data and other low power maintenance tasks. It drops to lower speed to save energy and reduce heat effecting video processor. Some compression formats like 3D MVC (frame packing) are still keeping CPU busy and you don't see those skipped frames. It's hard to point it out since it's not repeatable. It happens at the beginning 1st second of the new scene and never on log continuous panning scenes. In my case it's only 2 to 4 times a movie and if I stop and rewind it's not there at the same spot. I see it on HD and UHD but not on 3D MVC. Raspberry Pi was the same thing, no dropped frames on 3D MVC.

Zidoo team needs to look into it. Set the CPU into turbo fixed max speed nad watch the movie. If you don't see it at all it's probably the problem. If Kodi team could fix it on Raspberry Pi so is the Zidoo team. They just have to nail it down. Maybe some triple buffer adjustment ;)
    They could also let us on the secret how to manually adjust CPU clock speed or turbo function.

riddleace and failax like this.
  16. F.Y.I @mirror

1) Did anyone noticed that for HT 2.0 the Downmix HD Audio is not working for TrueHD but it's only working for DTS HD.

2) The calender is not syncronizing with google account.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2018
  17. riddleace

riddleace Member

One of my friend sold Zidoo X9S and bought Dune HD Pro 4K, and he thinks thast was perfect choice what he made.

I think thats DUNE have some improved CPU RTD1295 than ZIDOO.

18. godalmighty

godalmighty Active Member

nope, i tried trueHD and they downmix perfectly multi channel for my AVR that did not support HD audio

19. Theeraphon

Theeraphon Member

I believe they both get the same revision of chip. But whatsoever the reason people think that DUNE is better that is because, in my opinion, their software engineers have more experiences in tackling the problems since they have been fixing firmware to work great with their products (Zigma chips) for years.

riddleace likes this.
  20. zidoo123456

zidoo123456 New Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.