New firmware v2.0.34 version for ZIDOO X9S release

Discussion in 'X9S Official Firmware Releases' started by mirror, Jul 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nikoleg

Nikoleg New Member

The most important and sad thing is that the BD menu has not been repaired.
    The BD menu does not work.:mad:
    Hey, Zidoo's team, our player was attractive because of the full- BD menu.
    Beginning with firmware v2.0.5, the database menu DOES NOT FUNCTION.
    Three updates have already been released, but this problem has not been fixed.
    What is the problem?????

Vageesan Sivananthan likes this.
  2. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

I don't really see this issue. I'm not saying it's non existent but I don't have in my setup.

Just played Coco 3D ISO file. There is a chapter change at 56:45 and I'm assuming this is the point. I have absolutely no pause or blip in 3D video played from BD menu or directly as stream at this chapter point or exact 57 min or a bit after. File is located on external Seagate USB 3.0 to WD MyCloud NAS. Gigabit network all around. Zidoo X9S connected directly to LG OLED65E6P through 4' HDMI regular cable. No amp in between. The sound is from first track English DTS-HD through HDMI to the TV stereo directly. Zidoo set up HDMI audio > Auto. I tested second audio track as well without any issues.

I don't have 4K of this title. I could make short video if interested.

I can only test stereo audio in this setup. My 7.1 audio is on projector and I have Raspberry Pi there with PCM 7.1 to older amp ;)

3. Ya even I bought this player because of the full BD Menu function but unfortunately it's not working as they promised.

4. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

Do you have examples of the BD Menus not working?
    Most of the disks I have play correctly.

5. Same. They all work for me

I have had my share of problems with Zidoo but apart from the annoying auto switch everything works fine for me even bluray menus

6. I'm not talking about normal Blu-ray menu. Normal Blu-ray menu even KODI can support but I'm talking about BD-J @ FULL BLURAY MENU SUPPORT.

7. gadgetman

gadgetman Active Member

Try Alien,Aliens,Alen 3 for starters then get back to me.

8. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

Majority of BD Munus are OK. The odd ones need some work. I can live with it for now. @Vageesan Sivananthan you making it sound like all Bou-Ray menus are not working for you.

9. Rumootje

Rumootje Member

Thanks for the reply.

I did some extra testing and connected the X9S directly to my LG TV and now the iso is playing as it should. So the problem seems to be in my receiver Denon X3300W or the cables which is strange again because when I play the iso through my Pioneer BDP-450 and receiver everything is OK.

I have been looking into the menu of both the receiver and TV but for now I cannot find a solution. Will try some other cables

10. Rumootje

Rumootje Member

Some further experimenting learns that it is not the way the X9S is connected or not through the receiver. When playing in high resolution audio the problems occur, not when playing it in LPCM 2 channel stereo, as adjusted in the menu of the X9S.

This reminds me of a remark Mirror made some weeks ago that they were near to a solution with seamles branching but it was giving problems with the audio tracks. I am getting more and more convinced it is a software problem in the X9S. As written before I do not have any problems playing the iso through my Pioneer BDP-450.

11. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

That's why I specifically pointed out my audio setup. High resolution audio is not on separate wire in HDMI cable like it used to be in DVD days optical SPDIF. There is a lot of handshaking and other compression functions going on to keep the bandwidth efficient on HDMI connection. Receiver has to extract audio from the stream and pass video down to TV. Combination of Zidoo and receiver software / hardware will play a big role. May even be something simple like buffer size in receiver HDMI chip.

It would probably worked fine with LPCM 7.1 channels surround on every amp but Zidoo doesn't have this option (Raspberry Pi does).

12. Not only me making it sounds worst but it's been a problem for many of us and we being pointing this out since 2.0.15FW released. Before that it was working fine. If you keep on saying tht you can live without it for now, the team wont focus on this problem. They will think this is good enough. And yes I will keep on bringing this up because we want's Zidoo Player to be prefect. We are doing favour. Most of the problem listed in forum are either human error or technical error and which I'm pointing out is technical error only.

13. droiter

droiter Member

Bug 720p 30hz on zdmc 60hz and HT in 30P
    Bug 720p 25hz on zdmc 50hz and HT in 25hz.

All bug framerate zdmc this not good

14. elmc

elmc New Member

No, Not just the ISO name. It won’t switch the resolution and frame rate when play back these old DVD ISO files.

15. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Like with most Android based players de-interlacing is not supported. This is very visible though on moving camera shots. Asked for already since the start of the current family with X8 and X9S.

The good news is that most quality classic DVD's can be found on BD now. My own DVD collection is shrinking by the day and I don't care too much anymore.

16. Sarco

Sarco Active Member Beta test group

Hope zidoo x20 will play my edison wax cylinder!

17. Ekul

Ekul Active Member

I mention this bug since fw 14.6.
    It will never be fixed.
    Before that's fw it was ok.
    Bug only happen with 1080p here, 720 is ok.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2018
  18. hdmkv

hdmkv Active Member Beta test group

Same here (v.2.0.34). No banding w/fixed 10-bit. Posted here. However, I do get a really dimmed out picture now w/Auto or 12-bit.

19. x9suser

x9suser Member

My old DVDs (lots of music and concerts) plays well with menus selection. Smooth and no interlacing.

Only thing lacking is the ''next' button on the remote does not function when playing DVDs.

litlgi74 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.