New firmware v2.0.34 version for ZIDOO X9S release

Discussion in 'X9S Official Firmware Releases' started by mirror, Jul 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DribbleTool

DribbleTool Member

Can you please begin to fix the incorrect frame rate on 1080p and UHD MKV files please.
    23.976 rips should be able to be viewed at 23.976!!

Thank you for the good support with firmware updates, I just wish that this issue would be looked into and resolved.

Fingers crossed for next firmware

2. godalmighty

godalmighty Active Member

thats why i said, i`m so lucky :D
    but when it happen, i also calling out for zidoo team too :p

3. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Used to be a v2.0.32 thread but now has become a v2.0.34 thread? Synchronised with X10 latest update it seems. A bit strange to do it this way, but i pressume it is more stable?

Last edited: Jul 18, 2018
    pcristi likes this.
  4. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Picture viewer also got updated on several aspects. Only listed in the update list on the player itself. In fact it has become quite functional now. :)

There is one nasty shortcoming though: In manual mode the pictures are now turned according the camera info nicely automatical but in slide-show mode this capability is not implemented/used yet. :(
    Should be easy to change this.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2018
  5. gaki

gaki Member

Any news for the X8 version ?

6. leonkoum

leonkoum Active Member Beta test group

+1 for me..:rolleyes:

7. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Go into developer settings and set YST mode on. Now you can choose framerate 23 which is 23.976fps.

8. thrang

thrang Member

What is YST mode? And can to you use Auto frame rate with this?

9. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

It's ignore EDID mode, but if your display will do 24fps then it'll do 23.976 and yes, you can still use auto framerate.

10. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

I just upgraded from v2.0.32 to .34

The bad - new addition of bandana on the right upper corner of the poster. I have movies in multiple versions A (UHD), B (3DBD). It only shows UHD now on the single poster with 2 movies UHD and 3D :(
    3DMKV does not show anything at all :(
    I used to have 3D nad 4K icons before at the bottom of the posters.
    Bring the icons back to the posters. Single message bandana is not working for me :(

23.976fps issue
    On firmware .32 my screen was showing 23.976 info coming from Zidoo upper left corner of the screen at the beginning of the movie. During the play when I paused the movie info screen would show 23.98 at the middle top of the display. 3D movie did not show initial 23.976 at the begining. It was replaced with "This movie is in 3D" message. Pausing 3D movie shows the same 23.98 frequency.
    The same applies to the new firmware .34 no difference in messages. I have advanced mode on and YST makes no difference as far as I can see in the brief test.

I didn't see much of an issue with skipped single frame in 3D and HD material. Mainly UHD but even then it was rare. It needs more testing if the .34 made an improvement. There is no difference as far as Zidoo messages on screen regarding frequency.

11. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

One more comment on .34
    I noticed some options for shutting down the hard drive in the settings.

I see one improvement that bothered me right from the beginning. My external USB 3.0 Seagate hard drive used to get turned off with Zidoo soft power off or sleep mode and then hard drive would come right back on with the status light on. The hard drive would go to sleep on internal timer again 10 minutes later. With TV HDMI cable unplugged the hard drive would stay off or with the hardware power switch off on the back of Zidoo box.

The issue is fixed now. The hard drive goes to instant sleep (status light off) with Zidoo sleep mode :) Great job.

12. x9suser

x9suser Member

Can someone please tell me why this player can't play rmvb files?

Is it a problem with firmware ?

13. Stefano C

Stefano C Member

I still have a problem, since 2.0.25 and now with this firmare: not proper 23.976 fps...I have some microskips...no problem with 25 fps instead

14. x9suser

x9suser Member

They keep fixing some and breaking others. The cycle keep on going round and round.

15. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

@mirror can you comment on 23.976 issue?

Has it been addressed in .34 firmware? Is YST setting effecting this issue at all?

My understanding of 24fps is that all related frame rates like 23.976, 23.98 etc. are called 24fps as far as EDID tags over HDMI port. The only difference is in pixel clock frequency on HDMI port . The clock would be different for each resolution at 23.976Hz and 1080p, 4K(2160p) and 3D (frame packing MVC).

Is there a problem with 23.976Hz and one of the resolutions?
    Or is it a problem with some TV’s ability to sync on this frequency?

???

16. Roger Kao

Roger Kao New Member

Hi, I just tested 2.0.25 and 2.0.32 beta, the function : HDMI In recording has some problem.
    It looks fine when HDMI In is recording, but when I check the file recorded, it will randomly appear some broken picture or jitter and some noise like noise popping. Please fix it....
    I just update my feet from 1.4.4 to 2.0.32. Although reservation in FW1.4.4 doesn't work, but it's recording quality is best among these version. Please please fix this, I dindo think it's so hard to perfome a steady recording function (include reservation function).

According my test.
    FW 1.4.4: Reservation randomly failed, seldom work. Has steady recording quiltyq.
    FW 2.0.25 and 2.0.32 beta: Reservation works fine within 10 times testing. Recording doesn't perform as steady as FW 1.4.4

I will test FW 2.0.34 soon. Please check issue I just mentioned, thanks a lot.

17. @mirror

Location service is not there in setting. Still testing for other problems.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2018
  18. Can anyone please help me how to change the name of collection folders or delete the folders in HT 2.0.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 20, 2018
  19. sjn01

sjn01 New Member

Just a beta version ?

20. Rumootje

Rumootje Member

Still no solution for the 3D BluRay Coco. From exactly minute 57 and several times later the image hangs several time while the sound keeps playing.

The same is also present at the 4K iso The Martian in extended mode.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.