New firmware v2.0.34 version for ZIDOO X9S release

Discussion in 'X9S Official Firmware Releases' started by mirror, Jul 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. burton

burton Member

criss.PNG
    One typical example is this. It is interlaced, the fps is 59,94 and original frame rate 29,970. Zidoo plays it at 30,30 fps jerky.Also the aspect ratio is 4:3 and zidoo alters the ratio and makes it a bit wider, not 4:3.
    The problem for the fps i think is the fact that is is interlaced. Probably the movie is altered with 2:3 pulldown (from 24fps to 29,97fps) and then intelraced (from 29,97 to 59,94) to match 60hz televiosions. So zidoo must make inverse telecine to play it.
    The same movie is played in zdmc in correct aspect ratio and 24fps! with deinterlace on.
    Zdmc reomoves interlace and brings it back to 29,97fps and then it does inverse telecine and plays at 24 fps.(removes the 2:3 pulldown as well).
    Himedia does that as well.I prefer zidoo by far from himedia for other reasons, so i hope they will fix it some day.It is very important!This happens in many movies that arae not bluray who have 24fps anyway and are not interlace or altered with telecine etc...

2. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

Pls provide a sample file to us.

3. burton

burton Member

The link is the following : https://we.tl/1zTa8Bjby1

Old movie with little panning of camera, watch at about 2 min where lancaster goes back and forth to see the jerkiness..Zidoo plays it at 30,30fps with wider than 4:3 ratio.
    jerkiness in other films is more obvious.
    Then watch it at zdmc with both hardware accelearation off and deinterlace on.It plays at 24 fps with correct 4:3.
    Dune plays it at 59,94 with smooth playback and correct ratio.
    Himedia at 24 fps smooth but with wrong aspect ratio as well.
    it happens with all movies that have fps 59,94 and original fps framerate 29,29 fps. (both the jerkiness-wrong fps and the wrong aspect ratio)
    In some movies zidoo plays them at 30,30 fps like this one, in others at 20 fps so on... in some with worst jerkiness.

4. burton

burton Member

ps: i mad a lot of samples but zidoo plays each sample in different fps from 20 fps to 30,30 fps!maybe because it has a problem with that kind of movies.
    so i chose a sample that zidoo plays it in the same fps as it plays the file with the whole movie.....

5. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

@burton, why do you insist on playing movies that were somehow converted from original frame rate, resolution and perhaps aspect ratio?

Those movies will be in low quality no matter what player you use. It’s like watching a good movie on the airplane small screen imbedded in the back support of the seat in front of you ;) Kind of waste of time if ask me. I spent too much money on my TV and projecor to be bothered with low quality sources.

6. burton

burton Member

Hi 3d buff.

The answer is simple. I have no choice. I am talking about movies from the 40's and 50's with Errol Flynn, Stewart Granger or Burt Lancaster for example, that have not been released in Bluray and probably never will.......I cannot stop watching my favorite movies because the picture is not bluray....
    By the way, the picture quality is not THAT bad. There are many decent dvd transfers out there for example.The point is that if the picture is not that good and above that i get wrong ratio and jerkiness, well its not fair....I wish more people would watch that kind of movies so i would have them all in blu ray.Cheers.

godalmighty, nnay07 and failax like this.
  7. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

^ OK point taken ;)

8. nnay07

nnay07 Member

You should provide them too. If they can also fix it, much better for all of us.
    I have also noted issues with mpeg2 files.

9. burton

burton Member

I have added another sample from another movie with the same problems, the jerkiness here is stronger.
    Thank you

https://we.tl/H3NRAD4mJA

10. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

have you tried playing those old movies via tvs media player instead?
    ie my $3200 LG u9 series 4k tv is FAR superior on ALL files below 4k,for playback/image quality/sizing,ete ctec compared to the $ 200 Zidoo x9s.
    On 4k stuff TV/Zidoo is comparable...BUT...tv doesnt have atmos/DTS=X ...so Zidoo is the best available bridging device atm
    Apple tv 4k may take that over if Apple allows the upcoming Atmos via local sharing AT full version of Atmos,and not the cut down version they use on their sharing platform

X Box One S/X just recieved an alpha test for Dolby Vision support....thou at start it will be limited to streaming via netflix etc....but also one to follow

ONLY stuff i use the Zidoo for is stuff it is optimized to play....4K files

11. burton

burton Member

If i want to watch them i can via zdmc without issues. But zdmc has other bugs, so i hope someday zidoo player will be able to play all of my files, without having to watch half of them in zdmc and the other half with native player. Zidoo i think has many potential, and thats why i am trying to help them fix some of the issues that concern me and maybe a few others.

12. trendkill

trendkill New Member

fixed rtl language pactuation ?

13. Valera

Valera Member

I suppose that the current chip has no MADI extension so some interlaced sources will not play at full quality. Realtec is not a VXP processor.

14. Nikoleg

Nikoleg New Member

Hello.
    Zidoo X9S
    Interested in the question on the music player ZIDOOMUSIC v2.0
    On the new firmware 2.0.32, when the SACD image was played, the player ceased to play tracks sequentially.
    After the completion of the first, he runs quickly through the list of tracks and again reproduces the first. And it does not matter from what
    the track start, it still returns to the first of the list. How the playback mode "repeat one"
    Switching the playback mode does not change anything.
    When playing other formats (FLAC, WAV, DTS) not from the image, everything is fine.
    On the previous firmware 2.0.25 everything was fine. SACD images were reproduced without problems.
    Check who's like. Is it a bug of a new firmware or is it just me?
    Such a feeling that all the time with a new update, something that they do, and then they break something.
    On the reproduction of a full BD menu, this is generally a nightmare.

Ekul likes this.
  15. elmc

elmc New Member

DVD ISO or VTS folder still recognised as Blu-ray ISO

16. thrang

thrang Member

So what is the story with the 23.976 frame rate issue? Can you release a firmware update that adds NOTHING else except the frame rate issue fix? These microstutters watching UHD movies is like water torture.

FIX IT ALREADY

DribbleTool and Carsten Busch like this.
  17. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

or

dont fix what isnt broke
    ZERO issues with stutters/banding on uhd 23.976 rips ON MY x9s with this patch

Carsten Busch likes this.
  18. thrang

thrang Member

Perhaps you’re not sensitive to it, but it’s there. Both a Lumagen and a Vertex also will confirm the rate is slightly off (23.98) which results in a subtle stutter ever few minutes or so.

Others have reported that same thing. This is not display related, but the actual output of the X9S

DribbleTool likes this.
  19. godalmighty

godalmighty Active Member

maybe zidoo team should rename it from "Blu-ray ISO" to just "ISO" :D
    lucky me, my eyes did not that sensitive enough to noticed that stutter :p
    maybe its still there, but i need to very concentrate and focus for the frame and for that i can not enjoy watching the movie:(

20. thrang

thrang Member

I liken it to a slow drip in a sink...you may not notice it, but once you do its impossible to not hear it...

DribbleTool likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.