Home Theater 2.0 - Tips/Questions/Tricks

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1295)' started by manifesto1969, Jan 26, 2018.

1. godalmighty

godalmighty Active Member

i have some unsually condition here
    i add some new series to my hdd, "Absentia" only season 1 with 10eps
    when it done copied, ht is automatically download the database in background
    after finished, it only show 2eps, so i thought maybe it take more time and i waited
    after 30minutes and still not add the others episodes :(
    then i try to re scanned it with custom scan and choosed only the Absentia folder in my hdd
    after that, the poster vanished and did not showed at all at any section and even tried to search it :(
    Screenshot_20180602-124146.png Screenshot_20180602-124155.png Screenshot_20180602-124305.png Screenshot_20180602-124326.png

the strange part is, i looked at explorer
    surprising that the folder still existed and all the file still in there
    and even more confusing me, every single file of the episodes actually have the poster if i triggered from it, but did not show on the HT :(
    Screenshot_20180602-124041.png Screenshot_20180602-124047.png Screenshot_20180602-124105.png Screenshot_20180602-124123.png

2. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

My experience with this is that if it shows posters in explorer it also has them in HT. They are probably mislabeled and slapped into some strange collection set. Check movie collections for strange sets not only TV series.

3. godalmighty

i had already checked it in all section like i said
    that why i said it unsually condition
    look at the images that i found in explorer, it had the right poster for the series
    if it got wrong to other collection or title, it will show the wrong poster too :(

4. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

Not always. It will give it correct poster and hide it in the wrong collection. Check all movie collections one by one not only TV series.

5. ewaldus

ewaldus New Member

Cześć. Mam problem z zestawem kina domowego. Szuka złego plakatu i opisu. Przykład koncertu Behemoth - Messe Noire. Szuka Behemoth zamiast koncertu. Próbowałem zmienić nazwę, rok publikacji (2014) nie pomaga. Czy możesz ręcznie włożyć go, wymienić?

6. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

You can manually add your own poster but probably not the movie tytle and synopsis. You need to find this movie on IMDB and match it to your title.
    This movie is here:
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5204894/?ref_=nv_sr_1

You can see the IMDB ID: tt5204894 in the address of the link. Just enter "tt5204894" in the search window in Home Theater when you are matching the posters. It should find the proper link.

7. godalmighty

nope, i had checked it not just in tv section but in collection too
    its late for me to show you if in all my collection section there is no mislabeled coz i`ve already fixed it :(
    maybe next time if i got the problem again or maybe you can show yours

now after some work and trial, finally got the poster shows in ht :(
    Screenshot_20180603-120523.png
    what i do is, delete the tv in source section then add new source and direct it just to the "Absentia" folder, scan
    and now it shows on HT gui, after that i deleted the source again and then add a new source for all my TV shows
    Screenshot_20180603-121027.png Screenshot_20180603-121040.png Screenshot_20180603-120640.png
    but eps2,7,8,10 got no artwork but all info is there
    Screenshot_20180603-120620.png Screenshot_20180603-120606.png Screenshot_20180603-120627.png Screenshot_20180603-120631.png

8. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

I'm glad you found it. Good to know all the tricks. HT is a bit unstable in some rare cases. I had Angels & Demons disappeared in previous firmware all together from HT. Media Browser was not showing the poster either. Renaming of the file fixed it for me suggested by someone in this forum.

9. godalmighty

yes, its unstable as far as i know :(
    the playback too, now the auto switch sometimes work fine and sometimes did not :(

10. Al Perez

Al Perez Member

Is there a way to share the poster wall with a smart tv?

11. Is there any options for default folder image or default file name? If no, can you add the features to HT 2.0 so that I can use my poster from my folder. I already have lots of specific folder image for my movies. Hopefully by default HT 2.0 can display image and file name that I saved in folder. I don't mind if you add an option where I can choose either to use image from my folder or from the internet.

Thank You.

12. godalmighty

if you want to change poster image, you can do it after the scan manually
    but if what you want is when scanning, the default pick is what image in your folder with the same filename, i dont think so
    coz for this scrapper is not perfectly work at all, so maybe they need to concern to make it work well first :(

13. manifesto1969

manifesto1969 Member

I just wanted to say "Thank You" to the zidoo team for enhancing the HT 2.0 app to allow for scraping from TVDB - now all my unmatched episodes are matched and in the correct collections.
    This is a fantastic enhancement to what is a really good app.

godalmighty and DELUCAS like this.
  14. godalmighty

its OK but not too perfect you can say :(
    maybe a little fix to make it work quite well more than perfect
    yes and it is far more better than the previous version

15. looun

looun Member

2 very important Feature Requests:
    - Watched status
    [​IMG]
    - Continue Watching
    [​IMG]

Claudiu and JohnS like this.
  16. c3po

c3po New Member

I have a question about 4K files. Yesterday I updated my X9s to 2.0.25 and the newest version of home theater. Most of the files has posters, some I must added manually. Today I tested some 4K files, all have posters, but home theater don‘t identify the files as 4K. Is it possible to set it manually or must be in the file name 4K?

17. JohnS

JohnS Member

I don't know what kind of scrapper zidoo uses but for 3D and 4K it must be in the file name ( correct me if I'm wrong) I wish they used something more stable and accurate like mediainfo (if it's possible) for accurate results. In mine in various movies I don't get the dts or 23,978 icon on movie info.

18. godalmighty

yes for 4k files we should add ".4K" letter for the filename :( coz they couldnot read from the file resolution info
    thanks for @Sarco i think for this tips
    and for children, now we can manually switch the "suited or unsuited for children" in poster menu
    some of my movies too did not get the info properly especially for tv show

19. Claudiu

Claudiu Member

About the web interface of HT2, things not ok:

The web interface is in Chinese.
    The matching of a movie or series returns a list of movies and series but not a year at least to be able to differentiate between them.
    One can not choose between TMDB and TVDB in the web interface.
    One has to click the episode number when doing an episode matching. It is automatically detected, but if not indicated again, it does register.
    One has to rematch every episode of a series and not only the series' name or one episode of the series if the others episodes are in the same folder.

We still can not delete movies from HT2, I have to start another app, search the movie and delete it.
    Almost all my movies and series are in the Children section. Why? How can I remove them in bulk? On the box I guess I have to set the not suitable for children option, one by one, but in the web interface not even that is available.

Thank you.

20. c3po

c3po New Member

Thank you for the hint with the .4K in filename. With this extention HT identify the files as 4K.