Chat X10 owners; what DON'T you like about this model?

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X10' started by videobruce, Feb 13, 2018.

1. Erik LaManx

Erik LaManx New Member

There are my opinion about this box...

1- One of the weakest points is the time without new firmwares. 2 or 3 days ago, Zidoo release a new firmware (v2.0.5 beta), but until now, the last firmware released was on august 2017. I don't remember well, but i think that the model x9s have a firmware with Android 7 and support for Netflix HD, and x10 model still in Android 6 and you can only watch Netflix in SD. There are a little bit more things, but with less importance...
    2- Needs improving the speed of the system. It's a little bit lagged opening apps. Needs to update to Android 7!!! These boxes have a specific KODI for them called ZDMC, but it needs a lot of improvements and estability. I had some problems with some video files causing crashes on ZDMC. And there are a few video files that I need to play them with external player (Zidoo Player) because the ZDMC player crashes...
    3- For me, the major complaint at this time is that randomly I have a 2 or 3 seconds blackscreen various times while reproduce video files. I changed my HDMI cable, changed the port of TV where I connect the box, try all the firmwares for this model, try a lot of versions of ZDMC, and nothing... It happens with Zidoo player and with Zdmc player, therefore I think it's a firmware or a box problem...

But even with all this "bad" things, I think that x10 is one of the best media players there are in the market... The soc Realtek RTD1295 works fantastic with video files. I have this x10, a Xiaomi Mybox International and Mecool KIII pro. And this Zidoo x10 has better image and sound quality than the other two... And with a 4K movie like The Martian (I have this movie in 4kBD and ripped in x265 mkv4k) and Ziddo x10 have the same image quality (with ripped version) that my Samsung UHD Bluray player (with the original 4kBD).

I hope I help you. And sorry with my english... :p

2. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

x9s with Android 7 ?

Really

And the X10 has had frequent firmware updates .

3. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

x8 x9s and x10 have same firmware . there is no android 7 on x9s.

4. DELUCAS

Mind boggles at times

Any chance of re - opening the feature request again ?

5. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

don't think it matters at this point. allot of features are still ignored by zidoo, if i open it will have just another thread for people to post and zidoo to continue ignoring.

6. DELUCAS

Ok thanks for the reply back .

7. Kyrwin

Kyrwin New Member

I would like X10 to have two HDMI output, one for video and other for audio output.

8. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

you can use a HDMI spliter

9. Kyrwin

Kyrwin New Member

10. claudio cremoni

claudio cremoni New Member

exellent mediaplayer, but i bougth it also for HDMI in...and this doesn't work!!! with a simple AverMedia i can do all the recording i want(using also a splitter ...) and with x10 it's bad: sound and video!
    When can i have a solution?

11. Blackbeen

Blackbeen Member

The "Full Blu-Ray Menu Experience" has been much more misnomer than pleasure cruise. :D

12. videobruce

videobruce Member

I can add one thing since I now have one;
    I miss a front panel standby/power button like the HiMedia Q10 has. I was using that a lot while testing it on my bench setup where I could easily reach the unit. (Thou, that display is a major waste of space & unnecessary cost.)

13. videobruce

videobruce Member

14. FlipMode009

FlipMode009 Member

Without the proper API, apps like Plex and other services that support TrueHD/Atmos and DTS:X will not function properly, even if you disable the app from rendering it passthrough, it still causes issues because the apps do not recognize the hacks and its a 50/50 on even standard AC3 audio. The reason is the hack is app based, not core player based. If this were to be fixed, this player will crush all others in terms of playback support. Finally the Shield TV will be done away with...except the game streaming but who here is using these players for that anyways? lol

15. HDTV1080p

HDTV1080p New Member

Here is my feedback after using it for 4+ months.
    1. It has HDR colour banding issue.
    2. When I connect HDMI from DTH set top box out to zidoo HDMI in, the video and (2 channel only) audio doesn't play smoothly. Picture keeps coming in and out (blank screen).
    3. It can't stream YouTube 4K, actually maximum resolution is 1080p on YouTube video settings. Picture quality of zidoo YouTube app's 1080p is poor compared to when the same 1080p video is played through laptop connected to AVR.
    4. When any video, irrespective of its resolution, is selected and played the screen goes black for few seconds and picture comes after that initial glitch period.

16. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

4 has to do with the TV switching the refresh rate to 24 from 60 from smoother playback.

HDTV1080p likes this.
  17. ursiel

ursiel Active Member

Yes, but the Zidoo handles it very sloppily as mentioned elsewhere. My old Mede8er also has to switch resolutions but it does it more gracefully, and doesn't do it while the movie is playing. It does it first, so it doesn't interrupt the first 10 seconds of the movie.

18. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

true, it;s sloppy sometimes.... but trust me, i have seen the alternative ( no switching ) . 10 seconds of movie start is nothing for me

19. muzafferg

muzafferg Member

-Some video formats are not supported.
    -Slow motion play does not exist (like 1/2 , 1/4 , 1//8 , 1/16)

20. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

i think he probably made up his mind by now