Firmware v1.0.25 for Zidoo H6pro

Discussion in 'H6 Pro Official Firmware Releases' started by freeroc, Mar 26, 2018.

1. chengman

chengman New Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group

Have you updated to 1.0.25?

2. Duckquack

Duckquack New Member

Thankx
    Not yet, i heard firmware 1.0.25 had critical issues, and heard this version didn't resolved is what you guys faced,
    Is this version address google play search issue ?
    Do you know play store app search issue ? It is not the opening issue

Plesase advice

3. Codruț

Codruț New Member

Hello, i just finishing testing this new firmware, and the results overall are disappointing, considering expectations. In change log is say that speed memory is increased, but in my test after update I got 2759.88 MB/s. Before update speed has been over 3000. Same with my class 10 sdxc card, now it has much lower speed. 4K movies play with micro stuttering, regardless of media codec on or off, in Kodi latest build and in Kodi latest beta build. Even 1080 has frame rate issue in Kodi. In media center, with internal player, 4k h265 hevc 10 bit 60 fps and h264 4K 30 fps play very smooth on Ethernet (gigabit) and local from usb3 HDD. Another problem is my remote unable to connect to Bluetooth, no matter what: pairing, resetting device, pull battery out, even factory reset. Chrome browser won't show typed character or letters until I press enter. Currently I using opera browser, which is ok. Google play has restriction, I can't find only a few apps, but I installed Aptoide or download apk directly from browser.

4. JD1983

JD1983 New Member

So many fish in the sea and Zidoo H6 Pro does not belong among them. I purchased my box with high hopes. Since the day of arrival it has done nothing but disappoint me. Internal player crashes if you pause a movie and resume. Lip sync is often off. I typically use Amazon Prime Video and Netflix, which has been affected by this box. I have also experienced a lot of stutter in this box. I left my Beelink GT1 in the dust as the company was dropping the ball on keeping the box smooth and now it appears I have fell into a worse company. We don't need all the flashy features, just make the box smooth. Make sure you check all aspects. I will be returning my box and giving my money to a different company who cares about how well their boxes work.

If anyone is researching buying this box, if you have made it to this post......run away now and buy something else.

5. jjjackson

jjjackson Member

When will this be available for Online Update?

6. wooolf

wooolf Active Member

This box makes me crazy
    I have installed Modern Combat versus from playstore (via PC)
    and it worked perfectly yesterday just after install
    my kids love it and played a long time with it with no issue

but today the all box bugs when I try to play it... WHY WHY WHY????????

first the pop up "MCVS do not answer"... unclickable!!!!!
    so this leads "to system do not answer" ... unclickable
    so no choice but to restart the box ...
    then on start up, "NOVA launcher do not answer" ...
    restart again... "nova" again
    restart... ok

but the game is unusable now, same thing happenned with BEACH BUGGY RACING it worked fine at first and then got buggy (just one restart needed no issues about NOVA)

My kids hate Zidoo, they love a game... then its gone... its like taking their christmas presents back to the shop... leaving them with the useless empty... box

sfanetti likes this.
  7. sfanetti

sfanetti Member Beta test group

Zidoo not good....

8. andyt1000

andyt1000 Member

First post on here.Had this box for 2 months now and find the surround sound on Blu Ray remuxes incredible.This is now where my praise stops.How the hell do you stop the box from stuttering with MKV files both 1080p and 2180p,the same with BDMV files.Playback is from Hard drives via USB 3.0.Does anyone know if this latest firmware solves this problem,I couldn't care a less about other features the box can do.Thanks.

9. Kris

Kris Member

I get the nova launcher not responding thing to. I hate that

10. Vladimir Todorovic

Vladimir Todorovic New Member

Im on 1.0.20 currently, shoul i upgrade to 1.0.25? Thanks!

11. jjjackson

jjjackson Member

I guess the real question is 1.0.25 still a beta version?

12. Codruț

Codruț New Member

13. JD1983

JD1983 New Member

It’s still test keys and I got the google crashed immediately on boot. Video player still crashes, even MXPlayer and VLC

Test keys = Beta

14. Victor Shocot

Victor Shocot New Member

just look at the link
    it's the same firmware and download link

15. Codruț

Codruț New Member

I reset the box before updating zip from official site, and after reboot everything work ok. No crash or anything but kodi wont play 4k 10 bit or not smoothly

16. Codruț

Codruț New Member

But the box is working perfectly using internal media player, I can run without any lag or stuttering jellyfish test file, up to 400 MBs bitrate using samba from my PC hooked up to an gigabit router, using an gigabit plan from my operator. Or just using an USB 3 HDD, it can play any 4k 10 bit resolution up to 60. fps without absolutely any lag, again, using internal player. Using Kodi only 1080 videos run smooth. YouTube app after and before "official" update work on 1440 p flawless. Netflix after beta 1.0.25 and official 1.0.25 work beautiful in full 1080, but you have to wait a bit after opening the video for stream to actually catch up full 1080. After that, if your connection and router and speed are good, videos from Netflix app play wonderful. So, for me, the issues that remain is system UI crash sometime, Kodi won't play smooth 4k and Google Play is a joke.

17. Codruț

Codruț New Member

I almost forget: when you type in default box internet browser, the characters won't show up until you hit enter. Zidoo just copy-paste beta firmware from mediafire to official site. Shame!!

18. mjf1985

mjf1985 New Member

Hi Codrut, thank you for sharing your experience and test results after updating to 1.0.25! I can understand it is not as perfect as we all would like it to be, but your results are giving me the hope i have been waiting for:
    "But the box is working perfectly using internal media player, I can run without any lag or stuttering jellyfish test file, up to 400 MBs bitrate using samba from my PC hooked up to an gigabit router, using an gigabit plan from my operator. Or just using an USB 3 HDD, it can play any 4k 10 bit resolution up to 60. fps without absolutely any lag, again, using internal player. Using Kodi only 1080 videos run smooth..."
    You mentioned that sometimes the UI crashes. Apart from this would you still recommend to upgrade to 1.0.25?
    I am still using 1.0.20 Some videos do not play smoothly sometimes (stutter, jerky and it bothers me of course just like everyone else who is reading this forum) but not all the videos, many plays beautifully! I use my box mainly with an external hard drive connected to the USB port.
    So the question again, would you recommend still to upgrade to 1.0.25?

19. Codruț

Codruț New Member

Yes, I would definitely recommend the update, only for internal media player alone, and of course YouTube app and Netflix 1080 who has better color than my new 4k 55 inch LG smart TV.
    Yes, UI aka user interface sometime force closed, but very rare and only when I use multiple app like downloading torrent and watching YouTube.
    But internal media player has improved great, absolutely any video, 1080 or 4 k hevc 10 bit her will play without stuttering or lag, but only from good HDD USB 3 or over Ethernet gigabit capable of 400 MBs sustained. It work with 100 MBs Ethernet speed, but not with high bitrate 60 ffp hevc h265 4k media. It work with sdcard either, but not 4k high bitrate. Internal storage, good USB 3 HDD or very fast gigabit LAN connection with gigabit router are the only option for high bitrate 4k h265 60 fps or 4k h264 30 fps. So, it's much better than previous firmware for internal media player (no lag), for download speeds, for YouTube app witch will play faster and stream correctly 1440 p videos, and Netflix app witch will do 1080 after few seconds of watching, depends on your router and net speed.

mjf1985 likes this.
  20. Codruț

Codruț New Member

Oh, I forget to tell you about Kodi. Kodi still work correctly only with 1080 media.With 4k, same old same old. Stuttering, choppy and lag no matter of witch version of Kodi or witch setting are you using.Sorry for my English, I am from Roumania.

mjf1985 likes this.