Micro SD as internal storage

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by NikosD, Apr 6, 2018.

1. NikosD

NikosD New Member

Hello to the forum! I am trying to get a micro SD as internal storage but I can't et it to work on my x9s. It gives me the option to configure it as internal storage, then Ives me the option to move apps there and it stops there. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

2. dorszes

dorszes Member

I am afraid that u need root your x9s to allow use sd card as internal memory.

3. NikosD

NikosD New Member

I already have it root es.

4. NikosD

NikosD New Member

Rooted, sorry

5. dorszes

dorszes Member

Really? What's your experience after rooting?? Did u overclock x9s a bit

6. dorszes

dorszes Member

Does anyone has an idea how to grant write to sd card on x9s?

7. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

you should have permission to write to SD card, anyway, search the forum for hdd write permission using xposed framework , it's uses a plugin that gives write permission to all external storage ( just install the plugin, don't mess with the settings if you don't know what you are doing )

8. dorszes

dorszes Member

Thank You HaoSs for this advice.

It makes me to think if is possible to use an external SD card as a ram?
    I've heard something about this, but my main target is to record tv shows on external card coz x9s doesn't have much memory.
    have a much memory.

9. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

as ram, probably not. as storage memory, you should be able to. but a USB 3.0 5200/5400 rpm drive would be preferred. make sure you test how recording works first. because its junky AF, probably one of the worst points about the box is the recording, it's actually a shame putting a HDMI in port just for 1080p 30 fps recording with 2.0 audio only and unstable software.

this was recorded a while back using the box. Best settings it can get.

10. dorszes

dorszes Member

Got Your point. You're right. Recording from HDMI has poor quality.
    But my records are done by external plug-in for kodi.
    It's just recording tv shows directly from kodi, so this is the reason why i want to grant write access for sd card.

11. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

i see, in that case the xposed framework will work :) i remember i had problems with kodi writing to anything that was not internal memory .

1. Root.
    2. Install Xposed installer.
    3. Run Xposed installer and install Framework, reboot system. ( boot will take longer at first )
    4. Install XInternalSD.
    5. Run Xposed installer and activate XInternalSD module, reboot system.

12. dorszes

dorszes Member

Have done as You said. Thank You so much for the advice!
    finally got access to the sd card so I can download as much I want.

Also if Can i ask.
    I'm pretty sure that u have seen my posts regarding x9s and weir behaviour.
    Problem is with booting. hot Hello on vfd. box loads only launcher, can't fire up any app on it.
    Tried with flash, and even overclocking to boost it up...
    Still nothing. I have to reboot it n-times to get it working.
    No idea what's wrong with it.

13. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

nop, mine starts every time, i have a x9s and x10, takes like 10 second to fully load, no problems there. with what .img firmware have you reflashed ?

14. dorszes

dorszes Member

It's the lastest one 2.0.15 as far as I remember,
    Does not matter what version of firmware is installed.
    Booting problem shows up at random time.
    Apologize for my broken english - i'm doing my best.

15. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

i asked because some people confuse update trough .zip with a flash. You need to do a proper reflash. using the full .img image and rewrite the whole system ( this will wipe all data ). 95% of strange problems are fixed with a reflash. there are 2 ways:
    1) https://www.zidoo.tv/Support/support_guide/guide_target/7WjcmduqUFZKKmVViAFMcQ==.html
    2) fallow this guide http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?threads/how-to-flash-zidoo-x9s-unit.2959/page-5#post-28733

Way 2 seems more simpler. Keep in mind if you don't fallow the guides to the letter you will brick the device :) i'm not responsible if you fu*k up. I used both ways and i can tell you they work

16. dorszes

dorszes Member

Don't You worry! I won't blame You for it :)
    The device is already brick-ish so any advice is valuable. Will let u know how it went... so fingers crossed!

17. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

make sure the usb is fat32 :p and don't have anything pluged in . like keyboard or mouse or hdd.

18. dorszes

dorszes Member

19. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

you can update at any time. a flash using the img will wipe your data. a update will not, but the general rule is : reflash, test if all is ok, update to latest version. do test again if needed, install what you want :)

20. dorszes

dorszes Member

Because of Your knowledge and patience Your beatification seems to be sure !! :D :D