Is Zidoo X6 Pro's Android OS v5.1.1 rooted?

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X6 Pro' started by Arctic Ace, Nov 22, 2015.

1. Arctic Ace

Arctic Ace Member

I just installed several official tv-channel-applications to Zidoo X6 (v1.0.22), but those are not working correctly, because these detects/thinks that Zidoo's Android OS v5.1.1 is rooted. Is this true or is this 'false positive' error?

FEATURE REQUEST:
    If this is true, could you please consider publish non-rooted firmware-version, because almost all local tv-apps won't show streaming contents due the rooted OS-status.

Could you also explain why the rooted version is needed?

Last edited: Nov 22, 2015
  2. warren_wh

warren_wh Active Member Staff Member Zidoo TECH Supporter

X6 default is no root, please put you want to install the APK upload, we also verify,Thank you.

3. Arctic Ace

Arctic Ace Member

Sorry, I didn't understand what did you meant. Could you please tell me what you want me to do?

Last edited: Nov 25, 2015
  4. Arctic Ace

Arctic Ace Member

I just read that following article states that firmware is rooted?
    "Root: Firmware is rooted, with Super SU application preinstalled."

Are you able to do something to get Zidoo to "non-rooted-status" so official media-apps could be installed?
    http://chinagadgetsreviews.com/real...ro-tv-box-first-impressions-quick-review.html

OR

can unrooting be done via SuperSU Free "Full unroot" -command ("Cleanup for permanent unroot").
    What happens if this action will be activated - could it broke the usability or would it be safe to be activated?

5. toy71

toy71 New Member

????

6. Arctic Ace

Arctic Ace Member

Full Unroot
    Cleanup for permanent unroot:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 25, 2015
  7. Arctic Ace

Arctic Ace Member

I succeed to UNROOT Zidoo X6 Pro by using SuperSU Free's "Unroot" -command.

Some good and bad news:
    Some apps which didn't work earlier, started to work now but not all... There are still some apps which states that Zidoo X6 Pro is rooted and won't work correctly (won't stream media content due the Root-status).

Last edited: Dec 7, 2015