Very Jerky Playback

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by blasiusx, Apr 6, 2018.

1. blasiusx

blasiusx Member

Since the firmware 2.0.0.5 up to the current 2.0.0.15 the following problem occurs: sometimes MKV videos with MPEG2 or AVCHD codec in particular only play heavily jerky. This occurs regularly, but indiscriminately. It looks as if only every 2. or 3. frame is being rendered. You then have to stop the video for a short time and start again or jump forward a chapter, then it runs smoothly again. It has nothing to do with the frame rate because it comes with different frame rates. The videos are played according to the display with the correct frame rate, but you can clearly see that the picture is very jerky, as if a lot of pictures from the video are discarded.
    Sometimes it happens when you skip one video and play the next. Mostly indiscriminate. You always have to stop the playback first, and restart, then everything looks good again.
    The problem never happened with the Firmwares 1.x.x.x. I mainly use the NFS connection, but it also occurs with SMB to the NAS. And with USB Sticks, too.
    With Kodi (ZDMC) the problem does not occur yet, but I do not use that because of other problems.
    Since we have 2 devices from the X9S with firmware 2.0.0.15 and an X8 with firmware 1.0.0.16, you can compare nicely here. It does not occur on the X8.
    I have already reset the devices to factory settings, but it did not help. Even with a fixed HDMI output, the problem arises.
    Sometimes you can play 1 hour without problems, and it does not occur, and sometimes with every clip after by another.
    The reason is not clear why the problem occurs indiscriminately.

2. Ballgor

Ballgor New Member

Same things happen to me. Very frustrating and disappointing that Zidoo is not addressing this issue!

3. blasiusx

blasiusx Member

Yes, it is. I described this bug to support, but no answer until yet. I think, we are not alone and other users had it, too... :(:(

The Sound plays well, but the video plays Jerky, until I stop it and start it again. Sometimes every next video, that is automatically played back, looks Jerky and stutters very much, and sometimes after a while.

4. blasiusx

blasiusx Member

This Issue mostly comes with the beginning of a video, or if you start playback from beginning. Today i reset my zidoo x9s, but nothing changes.

5. Ballgor

Ballgor New Member

Any update?

6. blasiusx

blasiusx Member

No, issue is clearly present. No update. :mad::(