New firmware v2.0.15(BETA) version for ZIDOO X9S release

Discussion in 'X9S Official Firmware Releases' started by mirror, Mar 17, 2018.

1. PacoRabanne

PacoRabanne Well-Known Member Beta test group

Interesting information!
    On my X9S I've this behaviour (no DIVX5) from the beginning. But who knows why?
    Which other Zidoo device plays AVI with no issues ?
    TNX!
    (please, keep in mind that most of AVI files you can find are encoded using XVID, because is royalty free)

2. garu.386

garu.386 New Member

Yes, but strange is that ZDMC does not have problems with opening avi files and actually calls identical player (default) as HT2.0/Media center, so it is quit possible that some link (some player's lib or similar) is broken in last two versions.

I must admit that I've never had any issues with avi files.

I hope someone from zidoo R&D team reads this.

3. nikos_a

nikos_a Active Member

The DivX It's a license issue and frankly, wasted money for Zidoo to acquire license. Better focus on giving HD/FHD netflix.

4. PacoRabanne

...and, anyway, is not really complicated add support to DIVX5 encoded videos with OPEN SOURCE libraries...

5. nikos_a

nikos_a Active Member

6. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

could you get round it by using mkvmerge to change the avi to mkv
    good free software

7. JamieTre

JamieTre New Member

Since 1.4.16, whenever I switch my TV to another input source, and then back to Zidoo, the TV says it's not getting any signal and I have to reboot the Zidoo device.

Any chance this can be fixed? It's really annoying.

Also, SMB2 doesn't seem to work in this. After a recent Windows update that disabled SMB1, the only way I could connect to my windows SMB shares was by re-installing SMB1 on windows.

8. SaskMedia

SaskMedia Member

I have the same no input signal problem. I think it’s some sort of HDMI handshake issue. I’ve gotten around it by programming a macro into my harmony remote. It turns off HDMI output on my receiver and then turns it back on.

9. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

the windows update was a windows issue
    i get that every so often after MS does an update
    screws sharing for the whole network :(

10. JamieTre

JamieTre New Member

I'm not sure I can do anything like that on my TV (an LG E6). The zidoo is the only device I have that this is a problem for, and it didn't do it on older versions of the firmware. It's definitely a zidoo problem that should be fixed.

11. JamieTre

JamieTre New Member

Yeah it is partially a windows problem, because one of the recent Creator's Updates disabled SMB1. But the change list for this firmware says it adds SMB2 support so i thought it would work without it.

This isn't that big a deal, since I can just enable SMB1 in windows, but since they said this firmware works with SMB2 I thought I would mention that it does not actually work with SMB2

DavidWu5 likes this.
  12. DavidWu5

DavidWu5 Member

I think the problem should be the updating problem. The compatibility probably has some problem with LG E6. That should be considered

13. PacoRabanne

Lets try setting a lower resolution on your X9S.
    I have a similar problem if I set it to Auto or any 2160, but not with any 1080. In any case player switch on higher resolution if I play a 4k video, so is not (yet) a problem for me.
    I suppose is a "problematic" handshake between X9S and my TV.
    On the other hand a refining of this handshake from Zidoo will be welcome!

14. godalmighty

godalmighty Active Member

just like @PacoRabanne said
    change your resolution, or set it to Auto, dont select 24Hz either with 1080p or 2160p
    for other refresh rate is fine

15. JamieTre

JamieTre New Member

Everything is set to Auto as it always has been.

16. PacoRabanne

In my case, Auto is NOT a solution. Instead is the cause of problems.
    In Auto X9s is not detected if I switch off TV and then on again.

17. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

Never had an issue with Zidoo picking up my screen ever
    Have you tried replacing with a good Quality Certified hdmi 2.0 Branded Hdmi cable as that can help
    And at least you have illiminated that .
    If not settings maybe the next port of call tv and zidoo .

18. nikos_a

nikos_a Active Member

MKV is a container. This means that the original file will be included in a MKV container and will continue to have the original codec. What you have to do is to change fourcc identifier

https://www.fourcc.org/changer/

19. godalmighty

godalmighty Active Member

i dont have any problem with Auto, just have the problem with 24Hz
    try what @DELUCAS said, maybe it all about the cable

20. JamieTre

JamieTre New Member

Yes, I've tried lots of different cables. (This was the first thing I tried when it started happening). The common factor here is the Zidoo box. I have 2 other streamers (an Amazon Fire TV, a Vero 4k), a blu-ray player, and a cable TV box and it doesn't happen for any of them ever, with any cable.

I'll try fixing the resolution to something. But since it used to work with the settings as-is, on Auto, I'd be surprised if this helped. The only thing that has changed is firmware updates on the Zidoo box.