Rather pleased

Discussion in 'ZIDOO H6 Pro' started by Matthew Tribble, Apr 1, 2018.

1. Matthew Tribble

Matthew Tribble New Member

I was rather pleased to have found a nice looking TV box with optical SPDIF and USB 3.0 ports on eBay. But while I wait for the box to arrive I find this forum of woe! I basically want to play movies from a USB 3.0 HDD to a 1080p projector and was hoping to use the movie scraping and playing features of Kodi.
    Is this box going to work for that purpose or should I try and cancel it?
    Should I allow it to update the firmware if I get it?
    Any advise welcome!
    Thanks!
    Matt.

2. kaneda79

kaneda79 Member

Generally yes it does, maybe you need to configure some settings to find the best configuration, but it does.
    Have in mind that jerky playback can be caused by the way the video is encoded as well as the TV box itself.

The real problem is that after some time problems start to show up and the lack of stabil firmwares jeopardize the future behave of the box. I still think that this box is good, but the firmware crappy. Support is better then other products but not enough to make it a best buying. I am really sad I returned it, but I didn't want to live waiting that maybe someday the situation will change.

My suggestion: buy it, take some time to configure it the best, make the better use of the trial period. If you get lucky during that time some good firmware il released

3. Matthew Tribble

Matthew Tribble New Member

Thanks for the replies martyn and kaneda. I think I am stuck with it. I need optical SPDIF. My other choice was an RKM MK39 but I do not want order it from China as there were no local importers. Other boxes with optical SPDIF seem to be Android 6 and no USB 3.0 ports. Maybe I will get lucky with the Zidoo!

4. kaneda79

kaneda79 Member

Good luck! H6pro is not the best on the market, certainly is not the worst. Some compromises but has a comprensive number of ports, including the ones you need. Let us know how your try out is going and ask if you need any help.

5. wooolf

wooolf Active Member

Hello Matthew
    For HDD usb playback in 1080p the zidoo player is really good!
    I also love the variety of ports of the H6, thanks for showing me an alternative I didn't know about : RKM MK39 it looks fantastic :) I will dig a bit dipper about this one!

Matthew Tribble likes this.
  6. sfanetti

sfanetti Member Beta test group

For HDD usb playback in 1080p, zidoo player have problems. It seems perfect, but it isn't. @wooolf try for some days....it's not ok

7. Marco Aimone

Marco Aimone Member

Netflix only from Aptoide and only 480p on this device

8. wooolf

wooolf Active Member

I have had the box for 4 months now and play 1080p movies very often via USB 3.0 or 2.0 (or via SAMBA which I find really practical) and I have had no issues appart from very occasionnal short black screens (lasting 2 seconds)
    The main Zidoo player is super fast and is way better than my old Popcorn Hour A4.1!!!!

Kris likes this.
  9. wooolf

wooolf Active Member

Hello Marco, Do you know about Youtube max quality for this box? and do you think it would it be the same for this one working on the same chipset :YUNDOO Y8 (connecting looks fab too!!)

10. Kris

Kris Member

Everything works great for me to. Kodi, terrarium and all my IPTV services play smooth in 1080p. Haven't tried 4k though. I use browsers all the time with no issues to

11. Marco Aimone

Marco Aimone Member

It seems 2k, app from Android, 4K app from aptoide

12. wooolf

wooolf Active Member

mmm I actually bought the H6 after beleiving in a review from that same guy...

13. wooolf

wooolf Active Member

I have actually started to advice people to wait for a new firmware before buying, on youtube comments below all these great reviews that fooled many of us, may be that will help awaking zidoo...