New firmware?

Discussion in 'ZIDOO H6 Pro' started by leonkoum, Jan 31, 2018.

1. leonkoum

leonkoum Active Member Beta test group

Look, this issue we discuss in beta forum..
    This is the reason that forum exist..
    @sfanetti make a mistake posting in this thread and three more..:cool:

My initial thoughts is that:
    “Now, i have to disagree with you..
    Internal player is now very good and solid.
    And i agree with you that is better mediacodec to be always OFF for KODI. Most of the problems are with 2160p files. With mediacodec off looks better, NOT 'perfect' but 'better'... In 'simple & usual' files is good.
    Ziddo team you have a job to do and pleaseconsider the official NETFLIX app for android TV”

2. Marco Aimone

Marco Aimone Member

Sorry, I didn't know.
    Is the "beta forum" only for tester or public ?

3. leonkoum

It’s for testers..
    Officially this fw (1.025) does not exist-yet!
    When -and IF- publish then we will discuss more.
    Until then ... :rolleyes:

Last edited: Mar 22, 2018
  4. Marco Aimone

Marco Aimone Member

I've just been in touch with Amazon (Italy).
    Even if my product is more than 4 months old, they refund me 100 %.
    Very Very Happy !!, never Zidoo anymore !!

ivo123 likes this.
  5. Marco Aimone

Marco Aimone Member

Some post above, Leonkoum said that the firmware 1.0.25 is only in beta version and only for testers.
    Martyn, may I ask you where did you get the firmware ? It seems you’re not on the”beta test Group”

6. leonkoum

Be patient people..
    It will release when it will be ‘ready’..
    A few hours or days ahead.

7. Guys do you think the reason the playstore is a mess is because the zidoo OS is basically a modified version of Android TV OS instead of tablet Android

8. wooolf

wooolf Active Member

Hello
    I tried V25, and my main 2 issues remain...
    - useless playstore
    - buggy games apps with UNCLICKABLE pop ups asking to close or wait. (ie "beach buggy racing" which can work great sometimes and then keeps bugging until re-instal)

Please zidoo at the very least, make these pop ups clickable!!!! I am so fed up to keep restarting the box.

On my kids android 5 tablets, some games bug, but you click the pop up to close the app and that is it.
    On my Samsung S7 android 7 I never had a single bug!

9. leonkoum

There more serious bug in this fw than games app..

sfanetti likes this.
  10. wooolf

wooolf Active Member

lol say that to my kids !
    And unclickable pop ups is a major problem for other apps too, not just games.

11. Marco Aimone

Marco Aimone Member

Hello “Betatesters” !!! how is the situation ?
    Do we expect a final release soon ?
    Please don’t forget us, poor non “betatesters” !!

12. Marco Aimone

Marco Aimone Member

Thanks for the answer.
    But still something not very clear for me:
    1) The official release in zidoo web-site still the version 1.0.13
    2) There's no any OTA firmware update
    4) The firmware released in the forum is coming from someone that it's not a "betatester"
    4) few days ago other people said there's a "beta forum" and the version 1.0.25 it's just a beta.

So, where's the trouth ?

13. Renixo

Renixo New Member

Honestly, as I see it, Zidoo is one of the best TVbox manufacturers on the market with a fairly good support with continuous and constant firmware updates. The problem is not in fact of the brand name Zidoo and its product H6 pro but Soc AllWinner H6 that will never be 100% compatible with Kodi and will continue to have many bugs in the generic firmware also because there are no communities and Rom Developers working on this Box.The same problems or even worse are also present for the owners of the Beelink GS1 Allwinner H6 so those who are satisfied enjoy otherwise better move to a box with Soc Amlogic cheap and efficient.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2018
  14. reapur

reapur Member

Renixo, while I appreciate your work on this FW and your willingness to better this product I respectfully disagree with your assessment of Zidoo.
    Zidoo has horrible support and a terrible abandonment of their customers. This is a losing business model.

1- 1.0.25 has NOT fixed any of these:
    - Netflix still can't navigate episodes using the included remote. This is the default app.
    - Youtube. The icon and link included on the desktop install the wrong version.
    - Bluetooth functionality still can't connect, says disconnected, even tho I can press the mouse button a I get a mouse pointer.
    -OTA updates never work.
    -Box RC icon points to a website that spams with ads, doesn't work and is a total waste of time.
    This is some of the problems with the DEFAULT FUNCTIONALITY. This is stuff you ADVERTISE. I'm not even going to mention Kodi or playback.
    Zidoo screwed me out of my money on false advertising and total abandonment of support

I just installed 1.0.25 and NOTHING IS FIXED.
    I paid $100 for this POS and I have to go hunting around for compatible APKs and scrolling mice and generally be technical support for this box.

Total Bull$#!T

15. wooolf

wooolf Active Member

I totally understand you reapur, and I often have the same feeling.
    But to be fare I also love this little box, and most of the stupid issues we have can be fixed (I don't understand why kodi couldn't???)
    It seems the techs are working on it, to make sure they don't give up I recommend you put pressure on whoever you bought it from and ask for a return extension should issues not be addressed. this seems to be the best leverage.
    I wouldn't say I am confident but I think this box is worth a good firmware and Zidoo must do it if they want to keep selling it (and not get all the ones allready sold sent back for warranty, which I allready planed to do with amazon)

16. reapur

reapur Member

Ya, sorry I might have been a tad harsh, but I'm getting fed up.
    One post, that's all they need to do to address our issues, just say something, acknowledge that we spent good money and we're having problems.
    It's this dismissing the customers that really irks me.

17. Netflix playback now start with audio.... this big problems are solved.

18. wooolf

wooolf Active Member

Hi Martyn, please tell me/us which model you found when you find it. ;)
    I will send this one back straight away!

19. wooolf

wooolf Active Member

only 2 USB plugs and no USB 3.0... not enough for me, but this may not be the right thread to speak about this.
    If there is no real update coming soon may be we could start a new thread on better alternatives...

20. fabry1961

fabry1961 New Member

I reset the device with a toothpick in the headphone jack and restarted.
    At that point he returned to the initial version 1.0.8.
    Then I made only online update to version 1.0.11 and everything works fine:
    play store
    4k video
    etc.
    I leave this firmware until a final one comes out
    Hello to all
    ps: the problems of the play store start from version 1.0.13 to versione 1.0.25

Kris likes this.