jerky stuttering video , no hdr10

Discussion in 'ZIDOO H6 Pro' started by ivo123, Mar 15, 2018.

1. ivo123

ivo123 New Member

hi everyone , yesterday I received this box and I try to play some 4k that I have but every videos that i have are jerky , judders and stutters on this player , I use internal player cause KODI have worse these thing that I describe , I don't need nothing else from this box , only just to play right my movies and second it wont enable 10bit mode and I have HDR10 TV , only HDR that this box let me is on 8bit ,
    some thoughts where is the problem or it better that I return it , cause I have in work X9 model and that one playing everything fine

Last edited: Mar 15, 2018
  2. rorocorti

rorocorti New Member

Hi,

For me all stutters disappear while setting 1080p 24Hz instead of 60Hz

Good luck

3. ivo123

ivo123 New Member

for me too , but when I have 4K tv and want to watch 4k movies , switching it to lower res is silly and when I buy something that is meant working as 4K native player I want to work like one

4. mitchell4you

mitchell4you Member

did you try :
    settings from top screen/ advanced settings/HDMI color space

about kodi 17: it doesn't do HDR ( 18 should get support)
    *libreelec states the kodi 17 on amlogic has fake 8bit HDR support

IYBT (youtube) with spoof: HDR does work, but its skipping frames on my screen
    *but my on my tablet with HDR its also skipping ?

just some thought

5. ivo123

ivo123 New Member

yes I try that in advanced setting , but every time when I set colorspace YUV 420 10BIT I get message that it failed , I try that on my 2 4k tvs , so like you wrote only setting with HDR was 8 bit and that realy big bug when this box should be able to do HDR10 , the problem still was happening when I upgrade firmware to 1,0,20

6. sfanetti

sfanetti Member Beta test group

NEW FIRMWARE IS COME.

A very quick view on new firmware 1.0.25
    THE WORST UPDATE FOR ZIDOO H6 PRO....
    Internal player SEEMS to be perfect (seems......)...after 3/4 ON/OFF on the tv box, the autoframe rate is not ok, video jerky and not fluent, not smooth (like the previous firmware v.1.0.20).
    Kodi has the same problem as the previous update. Video jerky, not smooth. I have shuttering and frames drop very often (mediacodec ON or OFF is the same). There's an erratic mediacodec behaviour (the same like previous version firmware).
    Player now is quick and snappy but it's a not necessary.
    PLease soon YOU (zidoo) have to update with another realease. This one is THE WORST I've seen.
    Please soon!!

7. ivo123

ivo123 New Member

thnx Sfanetti , but don't care anymore I return this shitbox and bought instead zidoo X9S that I really properly checked my self that everything I want it can do without any problems