New firmware v2.0.5 version(beta) for ZIDOO X9S release

Discussion in 'X9S Official Firmware Releases' started by mirror, Jan 24, 2018.

1. dferregu

dferregu Member

Hi,
    With all my respects to you. I do not agree with you. Gapless, continuous player for MTS files (files that in official spect says that zidoo play), a search function are a BASIC functions. Sorry if I am wrong!
    Many posts have been written in this way. We look for a finished product with no bugs and basic functions working perfect. We are testers for free. ¿Why?. Not, I am not a tester, I paid the full product (2 products X9S and X6Pro). i amb here (in this forum) as a user, as a final client, waiting to find a finished firmware. I hope that one day we have a finished firmware with no bug and basic function working perfect.
    Best regards
    David

2. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

Sadly there will never be a completly finished firmware as there will always be someone to find a bug or two in it . :(
    and they will always add something new in the latest firmware to keep us interested and other people buying the products etc .

For someones product and fully working someone elses wont work .

Look at The Mighty Apple 4K Tv thats still addressing issues and they have $$$$$
    and a huge team behind .

Zidoo is a small team player in these media box makers .

3. dferregu

dferregu Member

Zidoo is a small team player in these media box makers!! This is the reason why I am here and I try to help them.

4. DELUCAS

We all contribute :)
    But be nice if we had some official response once in a while from them .

But at least we get updates
    Two steps forward one step back ;)

5. DELUCAS

Thanks OliverQC will forward that look .
    Do you have the 2.0.13 X10 firmware ?

6. godalmighty

godalmighty Active Member

is this save to use this version?
    coz i was bored and need the wallpaper feature even it just static image
    maybe zidoo team need to look at popcornhour themes, they have weather poster for the wallpaper

7. DELUCAS

People have used but its not an official beta release firmware .

8. ursiel

ursiel Active Member

Sorry, but whether or not you see it, you have it. Players are not selective. All z9s and x10 players have the same exact issues. It's not like some x9s players magically don't have the issues and some x9s players do. If you don't see the stutter, then you're lucky. But it's there. I argued tooth and nail about stutter issues with the old 1186 media players years ago on the AVS forum. Many insisted they had no stutter. I insisted it did. Finally somebody came forward with proof that the player dropped frames every x amount of seconds. The same thing applies here.

These x9s and x10 players do drop frames. It has been proven. If you don't notice it, then that's because your eyes are not sensitive enough to spot it. As it's been said many, many times - not everyone sees it. But it's happening.

You can post you don't see it. That's likely true. But you can't insist it's not happening, because it's been proven with this thing called math that it is happening.

9. ursiel

ursiel Active Member

Great, so it looks like we can now change the wallpaper :confused:. Now if we can:

- get DVDs to play in the right aspect ratio
    - have multiple video files in a folder to play one after the other
    - fix the frame dropping issues
    - get the player to wait on playback until after the screen has switched frame rate and resolutions, so I don't miss the first 10 seconds of everything I watch
    - explain why 12bit has less banding than 10bit, even though it's 10bit content so both outputs should look identical
    - allow us to manually adjust aspect ratio on-the-fly like my Mede8er does, to manually force videos into the right aspect ratio that are encoded wrong or won't play correctly (not "fit" or "full", I mean adjustments - arrow keys adjust the aspect ratios in small increments (1%) to find the right aspect ratio manually.

10. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

Yes, that's good news,

thank you Zidoo

11. PacoRabanne

PacoRabanne Well-Known Member Beta test group

Which "good news" ?

12. leonkoum

leonkoum Active Member Beta test group

‘No news, ‘good’ news..’ :Do_O

DELUCAS likes this.
  13. DELUCAS

That we can change the Wallpaper on our home screens :)
    The rest of the stuff dont really matter .
    Mine works fine . ;)

OlivierQC likes this.
  14. JohnS

JohnS Member

:D:D:D:D

DELUCAS likes this.
  15. godalmighty

already test 2.0.13, the gui looks nice now
    still hope improvement for HT2.0
    and "get the player to wait on playback until after the screen has switched frame rate and resolutions, so I don't miss the first 10 seconds of everything I watch" liked ursiel said
    coz its annoying for me too :(

16. wesk05

wesk05 Member Beta test group

You get a frame drop when the display refresh rate is less than the content frame rate. You will get a frame duplication when the display refresh rate is greater than the content frame rate.

For 23.976 fps content, the output refresh rate is greater than the frame rate for 2160p 10/12-bit YCbCr 4:4:4 modes. So, it is technically a frame duplication and not a frame drop. For other modes the output refresh rate is lower than the content frame rate and you can technically get a frame drop.

DELUCAS likes this.
  17. godalmighty

can you tell me what "Automatic Frame Switching" for?
    it confuse me you said "For 23.976 fps content, the output refresh rate is greater than the frame rate for 2160p 10/12-bit YCbCr 4:4:4 modes"

sorry i`m not an expert, so i need explanation
    coz what i know is, the display/tv for example my tv have 60Hz refresh rate, so my tv can take what ever content frame rate just like it is
    but if my content frame rate is 23.976(24p), i can duplicate it with motion interpolate feature to increase the frame rate 60fps just like my tv native refresh rate
    so it confused me for what you said about frame drop and duplication

all my collections have 1080p hevc 10bit 23.976fps , so what setting the best should i choose?

18. ursiel

ursiel Active Member

All I know is the frame drops/stutters I posted earlier happen at regular intervals. It appears like a stutter when watching movies. When watching the motions bars tests, it looks like the bars are "lurching ahead" a bit at the stutter. Like it stops for just an instant and then the bar is further ahead. Notice I reported it happening in 1080p and UHD with various color space modes selected, which is why I wondered if there was something wrong with my motion test bars pattern, But I also see stutter with movies.

I'm about to give up on my x10 player and send it back and just give up on Zidoo. Time is ticking away and I hear nothing that makes me feel confident that any of the issues I have mentioned will be addressed. I'm trying to remain patient but all I hear from Zidoo is silence.

19. wesk05

Stutter can be due to frame drop or frame duplication. I was just explaining when a frame would be dropped and when it would be duplicated. If you are seeing stutter with the different 1080p modes, then it is very likely that you will see this with all Amlogic SoC based devices and even the nVIDIA Shield. None of them output perfect refresh rate.

20. wesk05

I was referring to the issue that X9S/X10. In that particular mode, the refresh rate is not 23.976, but 23.982/23.988Hz.

Your TV can process the input signal in whatever way it can. It can display a 23.976 input signal with 3:2, 2:2, 5:5 pulldown etc. Because of what your TV does to the input signal, you may or may not notice the stutter that is being discussed here.

At this time, 1080p 12-bit YCbCr 4:2:2 has near perfect output (23.97608Hz).