Home Theater 2.0 - Tips/Questions/Tricks

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1295)' started by manifesto1969, Jan 26, 2018.

1. kristof

kristof New Member

Noticed that movie titles with the word "demo" won't scan unless you changed the filename. Movies like: Angels & Demons, Neon Demon, Demolition Man and Demolition

DribbleTool likes this.
  2. thrang

thrang Member

The whole interface. Any access to any page either doesn't load unless you try several times, or when it starts to load it is painfully slow, incomplete, and scaled way too large.

3. thrang

thrang Member

There seems to be no way to alphabetize by title, ignoring leading "A" or "The"...That needs to be fixed. I've tried modifying both the mkv and enclosing folder, but it seems to alphabetize by the mashed name. So I have "Aviator, The (2004), but the match is of course "The Aviator," and it's placed in the T's

JohnS likes this.
  4. JohnS

JohnS Member

Yes good point I'm having same issues with naming

thrang likes this.
  5. filip kenens

filip kenens Member

With me everything works accept the series in dutch language.

6. thrang

thrang Member

Unless there is an option I haven’t seen for this, not sure how this can be. Unless your match data is already formatted to trail the leading “A’’ or “The”. In my case, as well as other Zidoo owners I’ve talked to in US, the sort appears to be based on the match data - thus, “The Aviator” is in the T’s and the match data is “The
    Aviation” despite the folder and file name itself being “Aviator, The (2004)”

7. When I use ZIDO 17.6 or Home Theater 2.0, the movies will crash and come back, but if using KODI everything OK.
    This only occurred after upgrading from 2.0.5

8. JohnS

JohnS Member

Is there any way to play Blu Ray menus in HT2.0? when you play a Blu Ray R.I.P. it doesn't ask you which to play as it does in media center app. Is there a workaround?

9. rik81h

rik81h New Member

@JohnS on the movie info screen press the BD button instead of the "play" button.

10. JohnS

JohnS Member

Thanks for the reply but I don't see a menu in HT. In media center when you press OK on a bd folder it asks you if you want to play movie open folder or play bd menu. There is no such option in Home Theater, you press OK on remote and the movie starts to play, no questions asked!

11. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

There is no problem (or less) if your movies are correctly named, we use the original titles on imdb.

12. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

rik81h answered your question.

you have the choice between starting playback or using the BD menu, I do not see that there is a problem...

13. thrang

thrang Member

No, there is a problem. They are named correctly, but “The Aviator” should appear in the “A’s”, not the “T’s’. So anything that has The in the title are grouped in the T’s. They should be dispersed alphabetically ignoring “The”.

If you use IMDB, you are using T as that’s the way the title is written. But for logical sorting, this is wrong. If you’re saying IMDB offers a separate sort title that you believe you are using, it is not implemented correctly as the sort is still by the leading character T

There need to be the concept of a separate sort title. Sort titles allow you to ignore common leading words such as A, An, and The.

I’ve tried “The Aviator” and “Aviator, The” doesn’t help...still appears in the T’s. This is for every title, I’m just using The Aviator as an example._

Last edited: Feb 24, 2018
  14. Dr Zaius

Dr Zaius New Member

I'm seeing the same issue. Sorting in alphabetical order is using "The" as part of the title and sorts those titles under T. That really should be corrected.

JohnS and thrang like this.
  15. JohnS

JohnS Member

Forgive me I'm blind!!! I now saw the bd button next to play!

16. Sancho1985

Sancho1985 New Member

All good, but "Supernatural" not find at 2.0.12

17. HT 2.0 seems good but there should be an option to custom rename files because for tv shows and others it is quite random.

I have tv shows that are not popular series and they just get renamed to random tv show titles.

My South Park Seasons 1-2-3-9-10-11-12-13-14-15-16-17-18-19-20 seasons show just fine but others are nowhere to be found.... not even in the unmatched section....

Some mess....

And the fact that the video starts and there is a second of adjustment to 23.9xx hertz is annoying... why can't we get rid of this? Looks a bit unprofessional...

18. Sancho1985

Sancho1985 New Member

I thinks it problem 2.0.12 version. I didn't rename tv shows and on 2.0.5 was all fine with "Supernatural". Another tv shows - Taboo, Sons of anarchy, young pope and other, works great even have russian names.

19. JohnS

JohnS Member

You can custom rename a file, just long press ok button on the file you want to rename and there will be a new menu with option to change the name and manually search for the title

20. nc88keyz

nc88keyz Active Member

I read through the thread, and it appears from my discovery Zidoo is not reading mediainfo tags.

I have found the following while easteregg hunting along since there isn't any documentation. (yes, I know its a beta)

For 3D ISO and BDMV folders the following tagging works.

.iso = ISO badge
    .mkv = MKV badge
    3D equals 3D badge
    DTS-HD MA 5.1/7.1 = DTS-HD High Resolution Audio badge
    Dolby TrueHD = TrueHD badge
    AVC = H.254 MPEG-4/AVC badge
    Dolby = Dolby Digital badge
    HEVC = H.265 HEVC badge
    4K = 4K badge

Would like to see 5.1, 7.1, DTS-X, and Dolby Atmos (not just the core tracks)

I am sure there are many more, just hunting along and getting things set up.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2018
    gymnos likes this.