Kodi or ZDMC "Remote Communication server failed to start"

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by gsaronni, Feb 14, 2018.

1. gsaronni

gsaronni New Member

Hello

I have this mistake with both programs

Before I was using a Minix X8-H Plus and never saw this failure. It is important to resolve because I cannot alow Quasar addon to take control of Kodi(ZDMC)

My FW is the last one and ZDMC is the last too

2. Lony

Lony Active Member

Open KODI and Disable settings / services / remote control through applications of this machine

Lony

Ich&Ich likes this.
  3. gsaronni

gsaronni New Member

Thanks for your help. If I want to use Quasar addon I have to allow remote control through applications, so it doesnt help me

4. gsaronni

gsaronni New Member

Just flashed FW 1.5 and everything is perfect. You can let Quasar addon control Kodi and there are no errors. I think FW 2.0.5 o has a bug because ZDMC and Kodi 16 and 17 gives the same error

5. n_p

n_p Active Member

Guuyyys....

If you use two instances of Kodi (f.e ZDMC and Kodi) "at the same time", they both try to set up a remote communication server on the same port.

If one already set one up, the other one fails.

You most likely dont use it, because you dont know what it is.

Just ignore the message - that tells you something that you dont want to know. ;) If it is of any emotional support to you, I do it on Fire TV Box for more than two years now.

Millennials, dont be scared by programs that actually tell you what they do. ;) An error message doesnt mean that your thingy is broken.. ;) Reinstalling firmwares, reflashing stuff - dosnt do you any good here... ;)

If you want to play with it, force close both Kodi and ZDMC (or SPMC, or FTMC, or whatever Kodi forks you use), then start one of them. No error. Then start the other. Error message pops. Now do it in reverse order. Wow. The logic.

6. gsaronni

gsaronni New Member

I only have one installed at the same time.

Now, with fw 1.5 all is Ok

7. spawn_lmg

spawn_lmg Active Member Beta test group

This problem in 2.0.5 firmware.
    1.5.0 and 2.0.10/2.0.12 no error

8. Piet

Piet New Member

Hello
    where can i find firmware 2.0.10/2.0.12 Thanks

9. leonkoum

leonkoum Active Member Beta test group

Until now there is NO official ‘firmware 2.0.10/2.0.12’
    Be patient

10. John Casey

John Casey Member

Not a permanent solution but on my system the web interface for kodi can still be accessed 192.168.0.35:8080 gives me a screen where thing like party mode work.

I am wanting to use Amazon alexa to control kodi (I have this working on other devices), sadly the remote communications thing screws this up, and also yatse

Cheers

11. John Casey

John Casey Member

I note that this issue has gone away with latest firmware. So Yatse (and presumably other remote control software) are now working.

cheers

12. azat0

azat0 New Member

How did you Downgrade? Mine refuses to downgrade to v1.5 it says it's an older version.

13. John Casey

John Casey Member

This issue has been fixed with firmware 2.1.5 (latest one I think)

14. azat0

azat0 New Member

Thanks John, will try that.