Zidoo X10...Review... FW2.0.15

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X10' started by OlivierQC, Jul 31, 2017.

1. Sarco

Sarco Active Member Beta test group

I do not have color banding even with extra compress files with my X9S.

2. Miguel Ramos

Miguel Ramos Active Member

Thanks! I'm seeing Ultra HD HDR movies and some titles, specially when I see Skies or backgrounds with one color with tone variations, I can see the color bands. As I referred I'm not sure if it is my HDMI cable or even a limit of my projector. It shouldn't happen because it's supposed to have more colors in UHD HDR so more progression in the color variation. I must do some more tests especially with the cable because I am certain that I've try all features in the Zidoo and projector. Maybe with a 4K TV this doesn't happen, but I don't have one to compare. Any tips? :)

3. Sarco

Sarco Active Member Beta test group

Make sure your cable is 18Gbps (HDMI 2.0) and your projector is set to HDR ,.. On my tv subsampling for HDR or full color UHD (those settings are in the input section not settings for image).

Miguel Ramos likes this.
  4. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

Hello zarathoestra,

I use "imgburn" to convert them to iso, I prefer the format iso :)

see you

5. OlivierQC

Hello razvan.toth,

Yes people have problems and other people not,

You can try it and do a downgrade if it does not work for you ;)

----------

[​IMG]

My experience with zidoo X10/X9S since the last weeks.

I'm lucky I do not have any problems with banding, auto resolution, SMB, etc...

About Frame Rate with UHD videos, it's very discreet and we do not see it all the time even if they are present, unless you prefer to focus on possible stuttering during a movie.

My collection contains only movies in 23.976 with a large majority of HD movie (MKV,ISO, etc..) and I do not have any problems and the stuttering on the UHD are very discreet, my family do not notice and I am focused on the story of the film so it's not a problem for me.

I do not use subtitles, i do not use zdmc.

I do not care about UHD demos with different frequency or exotic video format that do not work as Hi10...

I am satisfied with my zidoo X10 and the zidoo team do a great job even if they have not been communicating for several months...and I agree with their decision.

About HT V2.0, i love it, it works very well for a BETA version, that's what I expected and even if there are adjustments to make in the next FW, the base is excellent.

I started with an X8 in November 2016 and today I have an X10, they give excellent follow up with their regular update and I will stay with them for my multimedia devices.

See you :)

Last edited: Mar 3, 2018
    zarathoestra and Miguel Ramos like this.
  6. razvan.toth

razvan.toth New Member

Thank you Oliver. I'll try the new firmware. Hope everything will work for me :)

7. Miguel Ramos

Thanks for sharing OlivierQC! :)

I have the same view as you except in the matter of "banding" effect which very annoying in UHD 4K movies.

At the beginning I did not perceive it but when the image is a blue sky or a foggy background it's very intense. In a movie like "The Revenant" it's intense and no way to solve it. It's a great player but this detail it is quite annoying. It's a bit frustrating to see a 50 gb 4K HDR movie with "divx" effects...

Some members here were great and have suggested several tips, but unfortunately it doesn't disappear and appears to be a SoC problem. So you have to accept it as it is or try competition. :(

Last edited: Feb 12, 2018
  8. zarathoestra

zarathoestra Active Member

Hi,

What's the brand of the tv ?

9. Miguel Ramos

It's a projector Epson TW9300 connected to a Pioneer Receiver LX59. It's the first time that I'm testing 4K HDR material as I was using a Popcorn Hour A500, that works greatly also (but no HDR) and a Panasonic Bluray player BDT700. I've been "googling" a lot information, about tis "banding effect" and, apparently, there's some users reporting this issue... :(

10. mattmarsden

mattmarsden Active Member

Its because your projector cannot accept 4k at 4.4.4 12 bit and those are the setting you need to use to eliminate banding.

Miguel Ramos likes this.
  11. Miguel Ramos

Thanks. I believe you're right. I'm reading some additional information to try to get the best performance from the projector with the Epson limits... Anyway I'll try to set the X10 settings to better macht the projector. Taking this out, I would say, that this Media Player ís a very good one!

12. OlivierQC

Hi all,

To report:

[​IMG]

After some research, I realize that there are problems with the videos having a DTS HD HRA soundtrack and several brands of devices, there is no sound or the sound is deformed.

i have several videos which allows me to compare with other multimedia boxes, and Zidoo X8/9S/X10 does not have this problem, the movies with a DTS HD HRA soundtrack is working properly

See you

Miguel Ramos likes this.
  13. Mumakil

Mumakil Member Beta test group

The problem is that it is valid for any video or audio fomats.
    You do a research on the problems with TrueHD or DTS HDMA or H265 and you will have as much answer as for the DTS HRA.
    Personally I have no problem with the HRA on the Zidoo or my Shield ....
    This is not a criticism my friend, but just my opinion ....

See you soon my friend

14. OlivierQC

hello mumakil,

that's what I thought, i do not have problem with the Zidoo unlike the Egreat for example :)

15. Mumakil

Mumakil Member Beta test group

It's not good news that you tell me there !!
    Me who want an Egreat !!

Where is the ultimate box ??!!! :(:D

16. Davicom

Davicom Member

@zidoo after upgrade to 2.0.5 i didn't watch a full movie. I just checked functionality of HT2.0 and everything it was fantastic. But today I watched after a while a full movie noticing obvious video-fluidity problems: stuttering. I hope you'll keep that in mind for the next update. Thanks.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2018
  17. OlivierQC

Hi all,

Small verification with 3D test files and the FW 2.0.5.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The 3D symbol appears in the movie information screen.
    (I do not have the movie on the picture, it's a trick)

[​IMG]

Options available when playing a 3D video, such as the depth of the 3D effect or the subtitles

[​IMG]

Nothing to report for my part, there is no problem on this side, the pop up effect of 3D is very well ...perhaps a little too....:):):)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 18, 2018
  18. OlivierQC

Hi all,

The fan of the x10 is a bit noisy when there is no noise in the room, I decided to do a little greasing of the fan to see if it reduces the noise ... or not.

I disassembled the box (3 minutes), be careful it will not be under warranty anymore.

This allowed me to see the excellent manufacturing quality of the X10, there is nothing to report, it's clean, well finished...

Congratulations Zidoo

[​IMG]

There are 2 screws, once removed I do not need to unplug the fan.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I remove the sticker and put a little bit of grease white lithium wd40 on the axis of the ball bearing.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Conclusion :
    I do not perceive a big difference even if the noise seems more discreet than before, the bearing and the axis may be too much use now and there is nothing to do.

it does not matter we do not hear the fan during a movie or when there is ambient noise in the day.

Out of curiosity I will buy the Noctua NF-A4X10-FLX 5V Fan on amazon.
    https://noctua.at/en/nf-a4x10-5v

See you

Last edited: Feb 25, 2018
  19. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

Hi OliverQC
    Great write up :)

Question i know the latest revision on the motherboard is V 1.2
    Do you know if V 1.3 or later has been produced on the later X9s or X10 models ?

Thanks

20. OlivierQC

Hello DELUCAS,

My x9s and x10 are in version 1.2.

Sorry i do not know if there is a version 1.3 or later that is available

My Zidoo X10
    [​IMG]