Home Theater 2.0 - Tips/Questions/Tricks

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1295)' started by manifesto1969, Jan 26, 2018.

1. godalmighty

godalmighty Active Member

i dont have any problem to scan my tv show, just one scan and it all show perfectly
    what i type for the filename is : Title of the Show SxxExx - the Epsiode Title
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    when i used kodi, it can not scan for Heroes, Under the Dome, Whispers and some others, but i dont know why
    thanks for HT2.0, all my TV shows can be scanned perfectly

but for my Asian movies, i got one movie that cannot get the right poster at all
    Switch (2013) even i already scan with original title from Imdb :(

Last edited: Feb 1, 2018
  2. filip kenens

filip kenens Member

Hi,i am from belgium and all my movies scans all in dutch so that is good,but with series dutch does not work,can you fix this please.

3. filip kenens

filip kenens Member

If i set it to english than everything works,then i want it to set back to dutch and saw that the dutch language is not in it.

4. manifesto1969

manifesto1969 Member

Does anyone know how to get only Children movies to display in the Children menu option? I have all movies showing up in that menu option at present.

1JMF likes this.
  5. Al Perez

Al Perez Member

Thanks for the reply but it still didn't resolve the issue. This is driving me nuts. I notice that if I remove the file name completely it shows to use the imdb TT record like the original HT 1.0 and when I do for the second season of GOT it still doesn't discover the file but if I use the first season default TT it then pops up a window to identify multiple seasons and selecting season 2 episode 1 it then fails to find the poster record on imdb. If anyone has any other tricks to do I'm open to try it.

6. Al Perez

Al Perez Member

JohnS how did you get to that screen that you posted?

7. godalmighty

godalmighty Active Member

have you try like what i did about the filenaming
    i dont have any trouble for my tv shows collection

8. PacoRabanne

PacoRabanne Well-Known Member Beta test group

So, which is the right trick to make HT2.0 recognizing video correctly?

Most of mine are recognized, and usually are organized in folders (for TV series, with folder name as the series title with spaces between words, no dots or dashes on underscore unless present in the series title, movies are in one or more common folders), and filenames as "series.title.with.dots.nxnn.episode.title.other.info.ext" or movie.title.with.dots.year(if present).other.info.ext
    But the not recognized videos aren't strange or unknown...

9. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

10. Mr_Seb

Mr_Seb New Member

Hello,

I have some problems on HT2.0. The program scans a few films from my collection: X-Men : Apocalypse (2016) and X-Men : Days of Future Past (2014).

HT recognizes X-men Apocalypse, but brings him together with X-Men: Days of Future Past. I can not dissociate it.

I also have many Dragon Ball episodes that are not recognized. When I perform a manual search and validate it is not taken into account.

[​IMG]

Hoping to help improve this wonderful application !!! ;)

11. kristof

kristof New Member

HT2.0 keeps on crashing while trying to scan my shared folder.

Have any of you guys encountered this problem?

12. rik81h

rik81h New Member

New X10 user here, coming from Dune D1/B1. Tedious seems a paramount word for my experience so far, the only saving grace being 4k capabilities.

Does anyone have any tips for problems scraping films & shows, i've been renaming where needed solving some issues but for example the big bang theory s08 & s09 will not match up and thus stay in others, i've tried renaming, rematching using both title and imdb id which they all work and find it but it changes nothing like it's not accepted.

I don't even want to contemplate yet how many movies are missing. Home theater 1 is just useless and drops everything when it feels like it. ZDMC i don't like and has connection issues but it does see s08/09 from above.

I know Zidoo are working constantly pushing for better but there seem to be some very simple fundamental flaws that i never experienced with Dune, should i have waited for the pro 4k that's likely to be more polished? I wouldn't mind if i could even scrape them myself, i used yadis for Dune but i presume not possible with this system or can it read info in the show folder for background etc.?

13. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

Have you not upgraded to Home theater v2 .0 or you prefer to struggle ?

14. rdgrimes

rdgrimes New Member

Seems like this is not using TheTVDB for TV shows, and it might solve a lot of issues if we could force it to use TheTVDB or IMDb according to what we're scraping.

I have spent a very long time just trying to correct errors on a pretty small selection of TV shows, all of which scan perfectly in Zappiti. These are all ISO, so multiple episodes per file.

Anyway, no matter what I do I cannot get Downton Abbey season 6 to scan at all, it stays in "others" no matter what I do, all 3 ISOs.

15. rik81h

rik81h New Member

@DELUCAS yes i'm using v2, hence posted in the v2 thread.

@rdgrimes this sounds exactly what i'm experiencing with big bang. Agreed if we could see where it was scraping from or choose, or even be able to use our own artwork from the source folder it would solve the issue. Also seems silly that because there's no "artwork" it just won't include it in the collection, surely it would make more sense to add the shows regardless instead of losing them in others.

16. DkN78

DkN78 New Member

Hi all,

I have no problem to use HT2 which is at least very simple, just some problem to recognize some files with number or é, è, à, or some TV series (for example Gotham, no problem with season 2 but don't recognize the 1 which have the same filename type).

it could be nice if when you make a manual search you have more information on the movie match, because sometimes you could have 3 movies with the same name, difficult to find the good...

I only have 2 problem :
    - I have nothing in the sidebar in "History", even if i watch an entire movie,
    - When I was on the movie page (when you have the synopsis), normally when you start to watch a movie under the "Play" icon you have the time you see it, I have nothing, always the "Play" icon.

I'm always in FW 1.4.6 with a X10 (no banding in 1.4.6, and banding in 1.5)

17. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

It seemed to read and mention Home Theater 1 that you was using .
    All my Star Trek Discovery series have been named no problems and The Orville also .

Just about 5 items left that have not including the Movie Animation “ 9 “

18. rik81h

rik81h New Member

Yes i tried HT1 but it kept liking to forget everything?!?! Odd.

Yes the vast majority of my shows are fine from what i've checked, there's a fair few, but big bang despite being same in every way to all other series just doesn't like series 8 or 9 no matter what i do. For the most part i think i've fixed the rest.

Another thought i've just had is extra episodes that are specials or E00 for example, i/we could do with some way to handle those as well. Again i suppose this comes back to being able to add to collection regardless of artwork scraped.

19. rdgrimes

rdgrimes New Member

Perhaps the best solution would be to have multiple choice scraping databases when you have to re-do titles that have failed. Let the software go it alone on the first pass.

rik81h likes this.
  20. rdgrimes

rdgrimes New Member

So I've scraped 58 TV series, and about half of them have significant errors:

No info scraped, unable to re-scan. Entire seasons left out or part seasons left out.
    Wrong mapping to files - particularly with multiple episode ISO files
    Bugs in the re-scan process where you can't actually complete a search and select a program.

Bottom line is that 2.0 is not useful for TV series and not worth spending time on. Hoping it improves.