Firmware v1.0.20 for Zidoo H6pro

Discussion in 'H6 Pro Official Firmware Releases' started by freeroc, Jan 8, 2018.

1. Víctorin

Víctorin New Member

Copy the file to the box via network. I had the same problem trying to update the firmware from a USB drive

2. joaoflou

joaoflou New Member

Managed to update fine. But there are still many bugs.

Playing files bigger then 1080p 10Gb in KODI usually crashes the board, although the same files can be played in the native player. Also in KODI, in some files, audio and video get desynchronized from begining.

VLC reproduces no audio.

YouTube also crashes after playing 1080p for too long.

Every time the resolution is changed from 1080p 60Hz to something below that (30Hz or 24Hz), the colors get really messed up.. it seems to lack of colors plus some distortion.

It is interesting to see that the same video file does trigger the resolution change in KODI, but not in the native player.
    Actually, its the first TV box that I used that actually keeps changing the output config instead of down-sampling / up-sampling the video files.

Its getting better, but there are still many bugs to be fixed. Thanks for that.

3. Blinux

Blinux New Member

Fix problem with Google play, please. Every time box switches on, Google play say that it is can not start, and needed to uninstall updates. After updates uninstalled it can work. But when box is restarted Google play updates again and it is again needed to uninstall update !!!

PeterCrouch, ssgenesis and Kris like this.
  4. ssgenesis

ssgenesis New Member

"Fix problem with Google play, please. Every time box switches on, Google play say that it is can not start, and needed to uninstall updates. After updates uninstalled it can work. But when box is restarted Google play updates again and it is again needed to uninstall update !!!"

I have almost exactly the same issue, following the instructions to remove updates creates an endless loop, and on my case Google Play remains non-usable no matter what. Firmware v1.0.20 did fixed the issue with the Android TV version of Netflix (Hulu TV version still will not open from the home screen) and the HD audio but caused this issue.

Pulianas likes this.
  5. li junle

li junle New Member

hi guys. Hdmi CEC. I need this.:(

6. sfanetti

sfanetti Member Beta test group

NEW FIRMWARE IS COME.

A very quick view on new firmware 1.0.25
    THE WORST UPDATE FOR ZIDOO H6 PRO....
    Internal player SEEMS to be perfect (seems......)...after 3/4 ON/OFF on the tv box, the autoframe rate is not ok, video jerky and not fluent, not smooth (like the previous firmware v.1.0.20).
    Kodi has the same problem as the previous update. Video jerky, not smooth. I have shuttering and frames drop very often (mediacodec ON or OFF is the same). There's an erratic mediacodec behaviour (the same like previous version firmware).
    Player now is quick and snappy but it's a not necessary.
    PLease soon YOU (zidoo) have to update with another realease. This one is THE WORST I've seen.
    Please soon!!

Pulianas likes this.
  7. KillerbeeNL

KillerbeeNL New Member

installed 1.0.20 from 1.0.13 , still Google Play problems.
    Uninstall GP updates seems to resolve the problem but after a restart of the box you have to remove the updates again.

1.0.25 does not seem to be worth the update because of problems.

is there any firmware witch is stable and have the least problems when i only want kodi and nintendo emulation?

It is my first Zidoo product and I tought this was my best option at a fair price witch is lower than a Nvidia Shield.

I did not want the cheaper boxes so I have buyed this one , wrong choice?

Last edited: Apr 21, 2018
  8. Victor Shocot

Victor Shocot New Member

9. KillerbeeNL

KillerbeeNL New Member

really ?

10. Victor Shocot

Victor Shocot New Member

1.0.13 was better than 1.0.20
    1.0.25 is better than 1.0.20

11. KillerbeeNL

KillerbeeNL New Member

okay thanks , i should have stayed on firm 1.0.13 then o_O

12. Victor Shocot

Victor Shocot New Member

1.0.25 is pretty good
    just read the thread

13. KillerbeeNL

KillerbeeNL New Member

still there is some stuttering , auto frame rate is not working stable.

.25 is getting there but there is still some work to do.

thanks for your reply ;)

14. Codruț

Codruț New Member

Hello.I just lost 1440 option from youtube app. I tried everything: reset the box, flash stock 1.0.25 image firmware, reinstall youtube app, install other versions of youtube app (older and newer) but to no avail.What should i do? Please, someone help me.

15. KillerbeeNL

KillerbeeNL New Member

Wrong thread , post here for .25 firmware problems.

http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?threads/firmware-v1-0-28-for-zidoo-h6pro.8671/