Which version of Netflix works?

Discussion in 'ZIDOO H6 Pro' started by hove131, Jan 23, 2018.

1. hove131

hove131 New Member

I installed one version off the playstore but it was incompatible.

2. Alchimist

Alchimist New Member

i think that the version compatible is the tablet version.
    netflix for android tv don't work

3. hove131

hove131 New Member

They need to fix this then lol because YouTube tv works so this should as well. It's all mixed it up and backwards.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2018
  4. Alchimist

Alchimist New Member

i also have a shieldtv, and the netflix app for android tv is another world

5. hove131

hove131 New Member

Yes i have a shield as well and you're right it is.

6. hove131

hove131 New Member

Hopefully Zidoo keeps updating the box for the better. The hardware is great.

7. The fact that after about 4/5 months from his birth there are still all these problems makes me think that maybe even the hardware does not ok!
    It is a commercial product, it should be lit and used!

8. Mirko

Mirko New Member

why in Netflix we can't have audio dolby? I have only 2.0 and not 5.1

9. almangarzon

almangarzon New Member

The tablet version of Netflix works fine. The stock remote works properly as well. Uninstall netflix, get the tablet app from www.apkmirror.com and just install it .

10. Patrick Park

Patrick Park New Member

Even if install TV version Netflix from Aptoide, it cannot run as error says it doesn't suppot this device!

11. almangarzon

almangarzon New Member

download the one from the Netflix site... the one for tablets (see previous comments)

12. Patrick Park

Patrick Park New Member

thanks for your comments. Regarding the Tablet app for Netflix, do you mean Netflix (Android TV) version? I tried it from apkmirror.com but it doesn't run as not support. Please give me the advice where/how found it from Netflix site. I could not appl download from netflix.com.

13. almangarzon

almangarzon New Member

No, not that. The Netflix (Android TV) version are only for TV boxes with the OFFICIAL Android TV OS (Nvidia Shield, Xiaomi Mi box, etc) but not for Zidoo H6 pro. Go to https://help.netflix.com/en/node/57688 and download the apk for Tablets

14. Patrick Park

Patrick Park New Member

Thanks, Almangarzon, I downloded and installed it. It looks same version that comes in firmware 1.0.13.
    By the way, as I put question in different topic, since H6 Pro suppors Google Widevine DRM L1 supports, it should plays Netflix movie in FHD (1920x1080) as also mentioned in the release notes of firmware 1.0.11 (or 13), shouldn't it? However, I can see only HD (1280x720) play in my FHD monitor while my Shield TV and Xiaomi Mi box 3. Do you have any idea about it ?

15. almangarzon

almangarzon New Member

Not sure if H6 Pro supports Google Widevine DRM L1. But if it does, then you are right about playing netflix in FHD.

I also have no idea why you are only seeing HD instead of FHD. Have you verified your netflix account/subscription if you are paying for FHD? It can be found in the "playback settings" inside your netflix account.

16. panosk7dl

panosk7dl New Member

I have the same problem, any suggestions to solve it?

17. aweei

aweei New Member

because H6 PRO it's root ?

18. reapur

reapur Member

I too am having the problems with navigating netflix. I've tried almost all the apks listed on that first page of apkmirror, I've also tried the one from netflix. It's the same as the one that comes with the H6. None of them scroll with the included remote.
    But it seems that some people have this working, how can this be?
    I can't see any identifying codes on the remote except on the battery cover: MSD-M007, H6: 800A805237DB. Maybe there is a new series where the hardware is different.

This is really irritating, the H6 is still sitting on the floor in my office awaiting fixes before I can use in my home theater .

Last edited: Mar 2, 2018
  19. panosk7dl

panosk7dl New Member

About the scrolling problem, i bought an air mouse keyboard and the problem has solved

20. reapur

reapur Member

Hi Panosk, I understand that's possible, but I want to use one mouse, I have a Harmony remote and I want it to run my whole system. It was advertised as working, I want them to deliver.