Should we post on EXTERNAL forums to get Zidoo's attention?

Discussion in 'ZIDOO H6 Pro' started by wooolf, Feb 5, 2018.

1. wooolf

wooolf Active Member

There are lots of great reviews in many languages out there where we could enlight potential buyers about the reality of this Zidoo H6 PRO android TV box...

Is it where we should write to get Zidoo's attention?

All we want is someone to tell us they have noted our issues, 1/2/3/4... that they can do this, can't do that because... and that they care about their customers and work on satisfying them.

http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?threads/new-firmware.7494/

kaneda79 likes this.
  2. kaneda79

kaneda79 Member

Please Zidoo! At least give as a sign that you are reading. This box has great potential, just the firmware is crappy.

3. wooolf

wooolf Active Member

So far this is just a question, please reply before spring festival (15-21 feb) !!!!

4. kaneda79

kaneda79 Member

I started warning potential buyers on Amazon, forum and blogs talking about this product. I think it's not suitable for people who are looking for a product working out of the box.
    The problems of this android box are all recoverable with alternative apps and a fine tuning. But now the limits of the firmware are showing up because they are causing even new problems

5. wooolf

wooolf Active Member

I prefer to wait a little because if they stop salling it, they are less likely going to continue improving it...

The more of us agreeing to move forward should they not show a sign of life, the more likely they will (if anyone reads this at all)

I sent a private message on freeroc 's wall with no replies yet, may be he is on holidays...??

Last edited: Feb 5, 2018
    kaneda79 likes this.
  6. kaneda79

kaneda79 Member

Your observation is right. Anyway i am not suggesting to don't buy it, i am warning people with few experience that before to return or dismiss it, they better try to setup it properly.
    I assume that a single honest review is much better then a lot of bad reviews due to people giving up on it. That for the same reason you're talking about. Well, I know a wrote posts in which i show i am sick and tired of this box; on the other side i am looking for new solutions and alternatives to improve the usage. My bad i have this behavior, let say i show it with the zidoo forum community, but not outside. Me, as well as you (at least seems), I like this box very much :)

7. wooolf

wooolf Active Member

I have left a message on HaoSs 's wall which is a very active moderator asking if someone reads us...

kaneda79 likes this.
  8. kaneda79

kaneda79 Member

9. wooolf

wooolf Active Member

hello
    no I didn't come accross this person, it may be a good idea to write to him too as I have no replies from Haoss...
    do you want to do it or you want me to?

10. kaneda79

kaneda79 Member

If you already have the message maybe better to send the same, so we don't mix up the requests. Otherwise i can do it as well

11. wooolf

wooolf Active Member

Done.
    if some of you guys have allready managed to join any of the Zidoo staff feel free to contact them as it seems the one in charge of the H6 is nowhere to be seen...

kaneda79 likes this.
  12. In the first year of life of a product the manufacturer must give the guarantee the numerous problems of this product could enter the obligation to "repair" the product. And if we all asked for an RMA?
    and return the H6 at home!
    All together?
    Is it really crazy that nothing happens? What are serious hardware defects? Unsolvable
    with a new firmeware?
    Zidoos .. please replay!

wooolf and sfanetti like this.
  13. wooolf

wooolf Active Member

I hope we will not have to get to this point but this is a good idea to keep aside should we need to.
    Zidoo seems to have the reputation to be active on updates, if you look at the threads for other products they are very alive.
    for some reasons the H6 forum is forgotten at hte moment, may be the person in charge is ill or on very long vacation...
    Question is how long should we wait?

14. I bought this product about 6 months ago just because the reputation was excellent,
    have reported some problems, and to date they have not yet been resolved

I hope I'm wrong ..

15. 720p

720p Member Beta test group

This is relevant for support:
    warren_wh was last seen: Jan 19, 2018
    freeroc latest post :
    Discussion in 'ZIDOO H6 Pro' started by freeroc, Jan 12, 2018.

16. kaneda79

kaneda79 Member

I hope we didn't bought the only zidoo product that will be forgotten by developers. If I think that the very same day I have seen h6 pro, the x9s was sold at the same price. I decide for h6 pro because I already have a Nas , so x9s seems too much for my needs. Sad to see that is a product more supported than our and sad to admit that maybe I made the wrong choice

17. kaneda79

kaneda79 Member

I wrote to Mirror user too. Let's hope he answers

18. wooolf

wooolf Active Member

As we all feared, if you can read the same message I have on top of the forum, now they are all gone for easter hollidays, and earlier than the official date of the 15th...
    I think we shouldn't expect anything before the 27th so if you can still send your box back ....

19. kaneda79

kaneda79 Member

Sad news @wooolf :( I don't know what to do. I can send it back until 15 February and maybe go for a Nvidia shield. It is double the price, does more then I need but at least the support is sure.
    On the other side I like the h6 pro, I like even that is not perfect and I have to find solutions and workarounds... But I fear it becomes what my old android box became: a useless piece of hardware after less then 2 years for lack of support.
    The hopes to receive a new firmware or at least an announcement before my deadline are near to 0.

20. wooolf

wooolf Active Member

my question to Haoss:
    Monday at 12:24 PM
    wooolf
    Hello, Not sure if you can help, but could you tell us if someone from Zidoo is reading the H6 Pro threads? Because a lot of us are asking for a sign of life or interest and we start to lose hope :'(

his reply Saturday at 3:48 PM:
    HaoSs
    you are not the only one using hope. i really can't tell you. i have no more information than you have:(

Not exactly reassuring.....

kaneda, you can always send it back, wait for updates, and buy it again should your problems be addressed... (or get your wife to buy it straight back to gain another month ;)

kaneda79 likes this.