X7 firmware zip file?

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X7' started by giantnervis, Dec 16, 2017.

1. giantnervis

giantnervis New Member

Any chance there is an update zip file available that can be used with the rock chip flash utility? I was trying to flash other RK3328 firmwares to the X7 but only with mixed results. It is not dead as I can still flash to it. It just doesn't work right. I can get other firmwares to boot and use the remote and connect via ethernet (no wifi). But the USB ports are not recognized properly. I was able to flash the boot.img (from the 1.2.7 OTA extracted) to a Beebox firmware and got the USB ports to work but was not able to install any apks. The mico sd works but no success to recover that way. The reason for this whole scenario is that I couldn't use the Comedy Central app with the X7 at all. I figured it was probably a DRM issue so thought maybe a different firmware.... It may be an issue with the RK3328. I was able to load some apps on another firmware using the micro SD but same issue with the CC app. Also without USB I can't use the keyboard remote. I don't have the original remote. I have been able to load TWRP recovery as well but without any ROMs that's kind of useless. Got the whole kit and caboodle from fleabay at a decent price so futzing with it was not an issue. Any help or suggestions will be appreciated. Here's to leaping before looking! Thanks!

2. giantnervis

giantnervis New Member

After some more trial and error, I have been able to get it working again flashing the Beelink A1 firmware (A1_704N0.img) then installing the apps that I want via the micro sdcard. Next, I flashed the boot.img from the extracted Zidoo 1.2.7 OTA using the RK Android tool 2.3.9. Rebooted and all seems good. I am also able to install apps now directly with ES File explorer or the built in Beelink file browser as well. It is not rooted and I haven't attempted that yet. Yes, the usb ports are working as is ethernet. The wifi does not work. I can use the Zidoo V6 remote just fine too. I did not update the Beelink software when it popped up once ethernet was connected as I believe it will mess things up again. I disabled the auto update in the developer options. The Comedy Central issue still exists. I can use Kodi and Netflix.

3. giantnervis

giantnervis New Member

Tried this with the latest Beelink A1_708N0.img with success as well.

4. x7de

x7de Member

sounds interesting. how to recover to initial zidoo image and what are the benefits using Beelink image?

5. giantnervis

giantnervis New Member

The only reason for using the Beelink firmware is get the X7 working again. No way yet to recover to the Zidoo firmware. The 1.2.7 OTA is only an update file no a complete system. That is why in the first post I am asking if there is a zip file to use with the Rock Chip utility. There are many available but NOT for the X7. At this point I would not recommend flashing the Beelink firmware. The main issue being the loss of wifi. I use an ethernet connection so not a big deal for me. I don't see any benefits over the Zidoo firmware.

6. giantnervis

giantnervis New Member

So I updated to the latest Beelink A1 firmware (A1_709N0 with the same process as above) which is supposed to fix issues with Amazon Prime video. I do not use Prime video but it fixed the issue that was not allowing the Comedy Central app to work. All other issues listed above still exist but with the CC app fixed I will use this box again. Other apps that are confirmed to work are HBO Go as well as those previously listed.

7. x7de

x7de Member

i am thinking about to use a different Image which has no playback issue like zidoo software... The support is more then worse...no updates and no one answering threads...
    Maybe we can use rk3xxx tool to build custom ROM with zidoo drivers?
    http://freaktab.com/forum/development-area/rom-hacks-and-mods-development/7372-rk3xxx-firmware-tools

my plan:
    -backup with TWRP
    -extract e.g. Beelink image with rk3xx tool
    -build new image with zidoo drivers (wifi and what else is not working with other image)
    -flash X7 and enjoy

Last edited: Jan 30, 2018
  8. giantnervis

giantnervis New Member

Sounds like a good plan. Thanks for the info. I downloaded the tool and when I get some time will look into this idea.

As is with the Beelink firmware, everything seems to be fine except the wifi not working which is obviously a driver issue. Even the front led works properly with the Beelink. I don't know about the stock Zidoo remote as I don't have one. I use the Zidoo V6 which has a receiver dongle and works fine. Also, the Zidoo USB ports do not work on the Beelink firmware until the boot.img is flashed from the Zidoo zip file. The micro sd slot does work under just the Beelink firmware (before the boot.img flash).

9. x7de

x7de Member

when i have a SD card, i will start with the backup, restore and then flashing beelink or a A64 image and lets see what will work

10. alex1983

alex1983 New Member

Thank new firmware work good//);)

11. giantnervis

giantnervis New Member

Did you use the newest Beelink?

12. x7de

x7de Member

13. alex1983

alex1983 New Member

14. x7de

x7de Member

did an dump of all images with rkdump
    Code:
    Partition "uboot" (0x00002000)          saved (format: Rockchip uboot image file)
            Partition "trust" (0x00004000)          saved (format: unknown)
            Partition "misc" (0x00002000)           saved (format: unknown)
            Partition "baseparamer" (0x00000800)            saved (format: unknown)
            Partition "resource" (0x00007800)               saved (format: Rockchip resources image file)
            Partition "kernel" (0x00010000)         saved (format: RockChip KRNL signed file)
            Partition "boot" (0x00010000)           saved (format: Android boot image)
            Partition "recovery" (0x00010000)               saved (format: Android boot image)
            Partition "backup" (0x00020000)         saved (format: unknown)
            Partition "cache" (0x00040000)          saved (format: ext4 image)
            Partition "metadata" (0x00008000)               saved (format: ext4 image)
            Partition "kpanic" (0x00002000)         saved (format: unknown)
            Partition "system" (0x00300000) Filesystem file size is not equal partition size
                    saved (format: ext4 image)
    flashed A1 image und boot.image from the dump
    so far RC and USB works and GUI looks fine, also more settings then zidoo one.
    not working: WiFI
    installed Kodi 18 but frame rate switching is not working, using FTMC now
    tests tbc

Last edited: Feb 6, 2018
  15. alex1983

alex1983 New Member

16. giantnervis

giantnervis New Member

17. x7de

x7de Member

i tried it but have no root permission, any magic?
    also Android 7.1.2 Stock Image [eMMC Boot] [Rooted] [20171204] i have no root permission but all is working, also WiFi

18. giantnervis

giantnervis New Member

I went into the "more setting" on the side bar then it should open the usual android setting page. Then had to do the developer option enable again and it shows up in there. It doesn't show up in the side bar version of developer options. How did you get the wifi to work again?

19. giantnervis

giantnervis New Member

But that is using the Beelink A1 firmware.

20. x7de

x7de Member

android stock image with zidoo boot.img WiFi works but not root permission for me

A1 image with zidoo boot.img works without WiFi and root permission enabled but have no root permission.