Stuttering and/or Audio Sync Problems

Discussion in 'ZIDOO H6 Pro' started by JohnG, Jan 25, 2018.

1. JohnG

JohnG Member

Received my H6 Pro a few days ago. Set it up and began playing a series of videos that I run on other players properly. On the H6 Pro, either the audio was way out of sync or the video stutters. I sent emails to support, but they bounced. I'm about to return the device, but thought I'd post here in the hope that there is an obvious solution that I've missed.

2. panos

panos New Member

many problems ... I'm waiting for some upgrades they do not make

3. manik

manik New Member

Have you installed firmware 1.0.20 ?

kaneda79 likes this.
  4. kaneda79

kaneda79 Member

Before to return it, even if just for testing purpose, try to switch the "MediaCodec frame rate" and the "Passthrough" options under Settings. If you use Kodi or the embedded Zidoo player, tune also the Automatic Refresh Rate option (don't remember the exact name).

Given that H6 Pro is a "good piece of hardware" and that the Firmware needs to be improved, the identification of the best settings for your environment is necessary.

5. JohnG

JohnG Member

It says I have the latest firmware: V1.0.13

6. manik

manik New Member

7. kaneda79

kaneda79 Member

Download it here and install it manually.

Don't worry if the first (or even second) time fails to install, you'll make it!

8. panos

panos New Member

I have an installation firmware 1.0.20..it's a beta of problems with the sound ..

Last edited: Jan 25, 2018
  9. JohnG

JohnG Member

What will 1.0.20 do? is there are list of changes? I'm hesitant to install beta software without a way to uninstall it if it makes thing worse. At least one other user is finding problems with this beta firmware.

10. JohnG

JohnG Member

I've installed 1.0.20, but am still seeing some image stuttering. Are there recommended settings? Most of what I'm trying to play is 1080/23.97 movies from an external Seagate harddrive. The picture looks better than the earlier firmware, and I like a lot of things about this player. However, I didn't buy this to be a beta-tester. If I can't get it to play smoothly and with proper audio sync, it'll go back to Amazon. FWIW, I've also got a Zappiti 4k Mini. Playback has been smooth and audio in sync.

11. 720p

720p Member Beta test group

In Quick Settings you need to disable the Auto switch framerate. That is a new option and it's not working well

It looks to me that zidoo support is no longer offering any feedback for those issues, so don't expect too much in the near future

sfanetti likes this.
  12. sfanetti

sfanetti Member Beta test group

Which option I have to disable?
    Auto framerate in the menu of any video or Mediacodec frame rate in the principal menu?

13. JohnG

JohnG Member

Thanks for the suggestion. The lack of support from Zidoo has caused me to return the unit to Amazon. It's just not ready for "plug in, sit down, and watch".

14. 720p

720p Member Beta test group

It's in the Quick Menu > Mediacodec...

sfanetti likes this.