New firmware v2.0.5 version(beta) for ZIDOO X9S release

Discussion in 'X9S Official Firmware Releases' started by mirror, Jan 24, 2018.

1. Klaatu

Klaatu New Member

About the "9529" JSON RPC Port: Is there a documentation ?
    I saw there is Control4 support, but that protocol is not public

2. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

I like to use a Pointer Mouse with Posters but when i point to a poster and click it then it starts immediately playing that movie. Can this behavior be changed please.

3. 6x5trenta

6x5trenta New Member

The problem of the HDMI input when recording was fixed ?
    Thank you

4. PacoRabanne

PacoRabanne Well-Known Member Beta test group

Nice Monkey, I suppose not, as pushing OK button on remote is to start movie. What do you thing about ask Zidoo to handle also a long click (or "click and hold"), like a long presso on OK. Or am I wrong?

Last edited: Jan 25, 2018
  5. spawn_lmg

spawn_lmg Active Member Beta test group

In this firmware KODI (ZDMC) conflict with Zidoo Control Center.
    KODI (XDMC) dont start remote control server and plugin not work!

6. JohnS

JohnS Member

Long click is used to edit the movie info. there must be another way to just see the movie info

7. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

I will try a long click.

8. adam-burnley

adam-burnley New Member

Agree with all the previous posts, HTv2 is a great move forward to closing the gap with other supposed 'premium' players such as Zappiti.

I have found though that SMB is not finding my NAS sources in HTv2, but which are already available in HTv1, Media Centre / Explorer and Kodi / ZDMC. NFS does find my NAS sources, however, I can only select one source, the others come back with 'unknown error'. This obviously needs fixing.

I had to scan the source that was picked up three times for it to match all the MKVs. And scanning is quite a bit slower than HTv1, which is really fast! I don't mind the speed, but wondered why it was slower.

I'm really pleased with the new HTv2, and look forward to it's final release when some of the little bugs will have been fixed.

9. godalmighty

godalmighty Active Member

goodbye kodi....
    thanks zidoo @mirror

10. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

yes good bye ZDMC/Kodi

11. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

Good bye Home theater 1.0 hello
    Home theater 2.0. ;)

12. godalmighty

it is ok too uninstall HT1.0?or let it just be?

but i got some of my movie cannot rematch
    could someone help me, what keyword should i type if i cannot rematch my movie, 1408 (2017) - Colombus Circle (2012) - Kids Are All Right (2010)
    already add imdb title id, still not work :(

some request:
    when you want to rematch the poster, sometimes it got several results with the same name, maybe show some poster thumbnail will help easier to pick the right one
    for right now, the first result is always the right choice
    and for the library poster/thumbnail, i.e i got 54pages with small poster, maybe page scroll will very helpfull for faster scroll down

but overall, really appreciate for zidoo @mirror for this wall poster
    really love it, hope a very good improvement next make it more lovely

note:
    if you want too rematch more than several files, so do it in PC is very convenient and faster
    or if you have an airmouse it should work faster than using remote :(

Last edited: Jan 25, 2018
  13. PacoRabanne

PacoRabanne Well-Known Member Beta test group

Even if I use ZDMC (KODI) rarely, HTv2 is not a compete substitute of KODI, and will never be, for obvious reason. KODI is (or could be) able to do many more things.
    Anyway is a very good promise!

14. JohnS

JohnS Member

I totally agree, also add the option of matching a movie or tv show with the IMDb ID

15. godalmighty

for online user, maybe kodi is the best option this far and maybe unbeatable
    but for me offline user, i always like to use device that have a powerfull internal player and not depended on 3rd party application
    and for the bonus, some library tool like Wall Poster2.0 in zidoo or NMJ in Popcorn Hour, that what i always looking for

16. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

me too, what kodi can do more does not concern me for my use.

godalmighty and JohnS like this.
  17. gadgetman

gadgetman Active Member

This is what i have been waiting for operation like the popcorn hour. :) just a few little problems but the first release so not complaining.

18. godalmighty

me neither, never used addons from kodi, always clean install for my other tv box and never use official kodi too, use SPMC for my tronsmart vega telos S95 :D
    RKMC for my Rockbox and SPMC too for my beelink mini m8s ii
    but now so glad that i can see my movie with very smooth output either with video and sound, surely not with kodi
    and all this i got with zidoo x9s that i bought it only $95.3 in aliexpress

JohnS likes this.
  19. BREY

BREY Member

I confirm!

20. Lony

Lony Active Member

Please include NFO support.

Thanks !