New firmware v1.5.0 version for ZIDOO X9S release

Discussion in 'X9S Official Firmware Releases' started by mirror, Dec 6, 2017.

1. GoDi

GoDi Member

I dont have big problems yet, and I am wondering if I should update, is it possible to downgrade the same way from usb stick as update if things get buggy?

2. hdmkv

hdmkv Active Member Beta test group

Any word on a f/w update to fix the issue w/MKV's (1.85, 2.40, etc. encodes w/o black bars) being squished to fill 16x9 frame when auto resolution switching is enabled?

Not an issue when framerate switching isn't enabled, then then 1080p gets upscaled to 4K.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2018
  3. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

Will check it.Thanks. Could you provide a MKV sample file to us?
    In v1.5.0, If enable the auto resolution switch, the output resolution will be follow the movie resolution(movie resolution must > 720p),

Last edited: Jan 22, 2018
  4. Jeroni

Jeroni New Member

Sorry for the question
    When updating to this latest firmware version 1.5.0. Also included are all the other updates released previously?
    Thank you
    I have purchased the Zidoo X9S, they have to send it to me, and I am preparing the latest Firmware 1.5.0.
    Jeroni
    22/01/2018

5. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

Correct

Jeroni likes this.
  6. litlgi74

litlgi74 Member

In this situation (auto resolution switch enabled) what happens if the resolution < 720p?

My 480p content is being converted to 2106p...

7. litlgi74

litlgi74 Member

Any comment or solution to what is going on in this thread... YCbCr 444 vs YCbCr 422... Why the difference?

Something is clearly wrong with color space management.

In order to get (what seems to be) the correct output... The user must select auto for Deep Color and Color space. But the player is not selecting the correct settings. In auto mode... if the file is 420 at 10bit the player outputs the file at 444 at 12bit. Example with photo proof linked here.

8. hdmkv

hdmkv Active Member Beta test group

You can try any MKV that's 1920 x 800 (2.4 scope movies).

9. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

We've tried some 1920*800 MKVs, but there's not any scaling issue:oops:

10. PacoRabanne

PacoRabanne Well-Known Member Beta test group

Well... I saw a few video file with wrong aspect ratio.
    But, in Media Center, that uses Zidoo player, choosing menu during play and choosing the right video "size" (I don't remebre, something like a "fill" or "keep", sorry, I'm not at home and can't check what's appears exactly on screen) then the video is played in the correct aspect ratio.
    Anyway maybe that some "exotic" aspect ratios are still not handled right.
    Zidoo, any reply about?

But sometimes (rarely indeed) I had to change the aspect ratio parameters in the video file itself, with a video parameters editor (is something to change in header, I suppose).
    And yes, some windows video player handle this files well even not "patched" (or the opposite, seems something like a dice game o_O), but this "header patch" haven't harmed the playing of this videos on other players.
    This in my humble experience, really minimal because if I find a video that plays wrong, I'll do my best to find another better encoded. And usually (sooner or later) I find it.

11. skank

skank Member Beta test group

Just got my LG oled 55c7v tv (4k)

Anyone can give me all correct settings options for my zidoo please?

12. litlgi74

litlgi74 Member

If using FW 1.5.0

HDMI Mode 2160p/60Hz
    Deep Color Mode Auto
    Color Space Mode YCbCr Auto
    And the individual Playback modes...
    Auto 23.976/24 (on or off) On
    Auto 29.97/59.94HZ (on or off) On
    Enable 4k 23.976Hz (on or off) On

YMMV

13. skank

skank Member Beta test group

Not auto hdmi mode?

14. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

I have a mix of HD and UHD movies and i use the hdmi mode ''AUTO'',

it works properly for me.

15. spawn_lmg

spawn_lmg Active Member Beta test group

When the source has 720@25p auto-resolution switches to 720@50Hz :( When the source has 1080@25p auto-resolution switches to 1080@25Hz
    It is possible to make sure that when resolutions are less than 1080 auto-resolution switching does not switch?
    Or
    720p@25 will switch to 1080p@25

Last edited: Feb 4, 2018
  16. juto1

juto1 New Member

1-Subtitle problems,
    With external .srt subtitles - the first 5-6 lines do not showed up, and then appeared alltogether.

2-HDMI in, Recording Video is fine but Audio is garbled. Worked fine with previous firmware 1.4.16.

Please Fix It Thanks.

17. ikkjr

ikkjr New Member

Same subtitle problem (External UTF-8 subtitle) with some movie files only!
    I think it's related to how the X9S interrupts the movie file's timestamp.

18. fred727

fred727 New Member

Il faut installer un firmware non officiel pour faire marcher ces app. J'ai installé le v2.3.45 rooté avec drm et MyCanal fonctionne chez moi sur un Z10 ;)