Zidoo X10...Review... FW2.0.15

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X10' started by OlivierQC, Jul 31, 2017.

1. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

Hi Rafael M,

I do not have problems with the BD menu (ISO / BDMV - HD / UHD HDR)

The loading time of the BD menu changes depending on the studio / movie

I did a little video, sorry for the quality i did it quickly.

On the first movie of the video, the BD menu asks us if we want to resume the movie or go to the BD menu.

We can see the switching of my TV/receiver in HDR mode (bright flash) and the frequency / resolution (black screen).

the movies in the video are ISO UHD HDR

See you

Last edited: Jan 17, 2018
  2. Rafael M

Rafael M New Member

Thank you very much Olivier!!!!

regards

3. OlivierQC

Hi all,

I have no problem to report with the icons 4K / HDR / 1080p and the FW 1.5.0

[​IMG]

The icon corresponding to the resolution of the movie appears on the VFD, as well as the HDR icon if the video is HDR.

see you

Last edited: Jan 22, 2018
  4. OlivierQC

Rafael M and dday34 like this.
  5. zarathoestra

zarathoestra Active Member

Hi, everyone

Ordered this one to compare to the zap one and the Egreat A10 . I wondering how well it will perform against those two ?
    I hope better so i can get closer to the one solution box ;)

6. OlivierQC

hello zarathoestra,

I hope you will not be disappointed, for me it is the one that gives me the most satisfaction

I'm waiting for their new Zidoo Poster Wall 2.0

see you

7. OlivierQC

hi all,

I installed a new HDD a few days ago in my X10, it's a Seagate barracuda (7200rpm 8Tb)

I know that it can disturb people, this may be able to help you make the decision to disable the fan.

As i already did before with my old WD RED (5400rpm 3tb), i will check the temperature (with the Fluke 561) without the fan during the next 2 days continuing to use my X10 as I do every day.

if the temperatures are good I will turn off the fan H24.

I am optimistic, the hdd inside the X10 has space around him, more than in his old case (backup plus hub 8tb).

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

see you

8. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

With some players it is possible to turn off the fan even with a HDD inserted. I have had good results for Himedia Q10 Pro and Xtreamer with all Prodigy type enclosures which includes the latest eXpress model player. But Egreat players A10 and A11 with ample space inside really need the (automatic) fan. It is not a matter of space but how well the enclosure absorbs any heat produced.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2018
  9. OlivierQC

thanks for the information,

we had excellent results with the wd red, we will see with the Seagate barracuda.

10. zarathoestra

Thanks for the pleasant welcome. I see you are a busy tester so if i'm having any questions i hope i can ask you.

grtz

11. OlivierQC

Hi all,

Just out of curiosity,

i check the temperature of the internal HDD (8tb / 7200rpm) after watching a movie without the fan of Zidoo X10.

------------

The temperature is around 39 degrees after 1 hour with the fan on "OFF", and without watching movies.

[​IMG]

------------

I watched several movies, the longest was Interstellar (2h45mn) and the highest temperature was around 47 degrees.

[​IMG]

------------

The temperature is between 44 and 47 degrees depending on the duration of the film, i suppose the temperature could exceed 50 degrees if I watched "The lord of the rings extended" for example.

If I make no mistake we must not exceed 50 degrees with an internal HDD, so it seems like it can be risky to disable the X10 fan with a 7200rpm HDD.

For my part I will let the fan work​

See you​

12. Mumakil

Mumakil Member Beta test group

Hello my Friend ;)

Congratulations for your "Promotion" on HCFR :)

See You :)

13. OlivierQC

Merci mon ami :)

14. Blackbeen

Blackbeen Member

Is this old firmware? My X10 says 1.4.12 is up to date.

15. OlivierQC

16. Blackbeen

Blackbeen Member

Is it beta then? will it make BD playback worse? I see that some have had menus vanish, I can't have this its one of the main reasons In bought this unit.

17. OlivierQC

yes some people have problems, and for me it works

18. Blackbeen

Blackbeen Member

I took a chance & updated, it didn't seem to break anything but then again didn't seem to fix anything I have issue with.

19. OlivierQC

Hi all,

I check if I have banding with my settings and the FW 1.5.0.

I already did the test with john wick 2 ISO UHD HDR and I did not have banding.

Today I tried with the movie "The Martian" Remux UHD HDR (a member of homecinema.fr website made the request )

I checked the sky of the planet Mars at the beginning of the movie (at 2mn00 on the right side and 2 mn 08 on the left side)

I did not notice any banding on my TV.

---------------

I took 2 pictures close to the screen (sorry about the bad picture quality)

The right side at 2mn00

[​IMG]

the left side at 2 mn 08
    [​IMG]

See you

Last edited: Jan 24, 2018
  20. zarathoestra

Mine arrived yesterday had a quick peak and must say looks very promising :) More testing in the days to come when i don't have to work:D