Fake Wifi Connection

Discussion in 'ZIDOO H6 Pro' started by TimLeone, Jan 20, 2018.

Tags:
  1. TimLeone

TimLeone New Member

So because of the slow wifi connection I now have an ethernet cable plugged in my Zidoo H6PRO.
    But some apps only work with Wifi and not via ethernet, because developers try to prevent people using their data which is thoughtful, I guess. I read there is a way to avoid this by installing a fake wifi connection program or app.

My question is: does anyone know a good application and a save way to do this so?
    I have read that you maybe have to root your device. I'm a noob in this but I want to try it, if possible.

Thanks!!

2. Ayokoya

Ayokoya Member

Slow wifi connection is a solvable issue, I got 6Mbytes/s average from 2.4GHz AP 12 feet away when I was testing out my theory on the H6-Pro's metal casing with plastic top. Basically the metal casing attenuates the wifi signal except through the top plastic, the antennae is stuck underneath it. You can browse through the H6-Pro forum for this issue, and people has flipped the box upside down with wifi success when their router is directly downstairs.

I can offer a suggestion of getting yourself a mini travel wifi device with openVPN (GL-MT300N-V2) from Amazon for $20, just hook your ethernet wire to it, configure it to enable wifi, place it close and above the H6-Pro, and you should get good speed. Not sure if you have overwhelming signal when the device is directly on top of your box, place a paper box over it if you can't stand the color. If you are traveling, just bring the device with you of safety surfing.

3. JJKK

JJKK Member Beta test group

I never heard of an App that only works with WIFI. If you use an Ethernet connection, you should go into Settings and shut WIFI off.