wi-fi speed

Discussion in 'ZIDOO H6 Pro' started by gambadiferro, Dec 26, 2017.

1. gambadiferro

gambadiferro New Member

Hello all,
    even using the wi-fi 5Ghz connection, the wifi speed is really slow.
    Any hint to improve the speed?
    Thanks

Last edited: Dec 26, 2017
  2. gambadiferro

gambadiferro New Member

Ok,
    I think I found a solution by myself. If I try to upload a movie of 2.2gb using sambadroid the trasfer rate is 200mbs moveover it's impossible to upload files larger then 2Gb, but if I use Wifi FTP Server the trasfer rate is 600mbs and I can upload successfully even files of 3gb or more in 10 minute so it's way more faster.
    Anyone else had my same issue?
    Thanks.

3. GiovanniO

GiovanniO New Member

Hi, wifi of H6 has some problem if router is far from the box
    My suggestions are:
    - if possible, try to reduce distance between router and box
    - sometime 2.4ghz is better then 5ghz
    - wifi antenna is located on top-center of box (a post in the forum shows an opened H6), so try to move the box in order to have antenna in the right direction.
    In the past, when my router was in another room downstairs, my connection changed from very very low to Netflix ok just tilting the box upside down o_O

4. hove131

hove131 New Member

I get 160mb down. Wi-Fi is great on my h6 Pro boxes.

5. SiriusCybernetik

SiriusCybernetik New Member

Even with the router on a clear line if sight with less than 5m distance, the WiFi connection to SMB shares is awful. At the same time connection from my H6 to the internet, for instance, is great. Si this is not a physical antenna issue but rather a software issue related to SMB shares in general. See also other posts related to the same topic. Still haven't seen a statement from support on these issues.

6. hove131

hove131 New Member

I could care less about SMB. I don't need to use my box to share files on the same network.

7. SiriusCybernetik

Please read the messages related to WiFi and SMB again. It is not about sharing content from the H6 but rather about accessing existing shares from the local network. And believe me this is one of the main use cases for any media streaming box. I have no content stored on this device but I have a NAS with plenty of content which I can't access through WiFi (too slow) and even using a wired connection it can't be accessed at all through the default Media Player

8. hove131

hove131 New Member

I understood exactly what you meant. I use this box for streaming content from the net so I guess that's not a big issue for me.

9. SiriusCybernetik

Why bother posting if you are not concerned. Personally I don't care if you stream from the net or not.

10. GoDi

GoDi Member

11. hove131

hove131 New Member

The initial post was about Wi-Fi speeds only and not SMB. So that's why I post. Your post was irrelevant if you want to go there with it.