SMB Unknown Error

Discussion in 'ZIDOO H6 Pro' started by OriginalDREiD, Nov 16, 2017.

1. OriginalDREiD

OriginalDREiD New Member

When I try to connect to my SMB share (which is done via my router) and after entering in the correct username and password, I get a 'Unknown Error' and it doesn't connect to the Share.

I can navigate the "unlocked" folders but when it comes to the password protected one, it does the above.

I was using Media Centre to navigate to the folder. In KODI it connects just fine.

2. Vladimir Todorovic

Vladimir Todorovic New Member

3. warren_wh

warren_wh Active Member Staff Member Zidoo TECH Supporter

Attached Files:

4. kacha2000

kacha2000 New Member

5. 720p

720p Member Beta test group

Hello
    The provided ZidooLog_1.2 does not work on H6, when I tried to install it I got a Parse error.
    So I've installed alogcat app and I've tried to repoduce the issue, but the logs did not captured the error.. I've attached the logs

Attached Files:

6. freeroc

freeroc Active Member

we are trying to reproduce the smb problem

7. SiriusCybernetik

SiriusCybernetik New Member

Hi, I just received my H6 and I had the same issue.
    SMB share on a linux computer in "WORKGROUP" , no passwords. The same also occurs on the default SMB share on a raspberry Pi3 with OpenElec.

I can connect to the same shares using Kodi and ES File explorer from my H6.

If you want to reproduce, get a Pi3, install OpenElec and try to connect to the shares et voilà...

8. SiriusCybernetik

SiriusCybernetik New Member

Hi, I was just wondering. Did you have any luck reproducing the SMB issue in the meantime?

9. manik

manik New Member

Just use Windows Share Manager 1.2 and fix the shared folder permissions.

10. 720p

720p Member Beta test group

How can a windows program fix the shares exported by a router? Routers don't run windows..
    Anyway folder permissions are just fine, since those are working fine in Kodi