Auto frame rate function (internal player and KODI)

Discussion in 'ZIDOO H6 Pro' started by sfanetti, Jan 12, 2018.

1. sfanetti

sfanetti Member Beta test group

Please anyone that reply to my question.

I test for many hours the new firmware (1.0.20). My hope was the full compatibility with kodi and the full smothness of the internel player with 1080p/720p videos.

I tested many videos (with different codec), ane the result is this:

• In some cases, after switch on, the h6 pro is fully functional (perfect) and all the videos (both internal player and kodi) are perfect with framerate (I set on the autoframe rate and the mediacodec autoframe rate).
    • In other cases, after switch on, the h6 pro is not fully functional. All 1080p/720p videos (both internal player and kodi) are not smooth. Ther's a problem with adjust framerate. The videos starto ok, but after a few seconds, the image is jerky, then the image is ok for other 10 seconds and then jerky again.
    Please can anyone test this issue? Please test this:

Turn on the tv box, test videos (24/30/40 FPS) and watch if there's the problem of jerky images. If there isn't, turn off the tv box, then switch on and re-test again.

I have this problem (not always) in some cases after I switch on the box. Please control the videos after a few seconds (15/max20 secs).

Other informations:

• I test with 3 different TVs (SONY, SAMSUNG and PHILIPS). All the tv are set to max resolution (1080p/60 hz for all 3 TVs)
    • I tried to do a factory reset (from vers. 1.0.11) and then I reinstalled the finel version (1.0.20) but the problem persist
    • With the firmware 1.0.13 the internal player was always OK with all videos, but wasn't OK Kodi (wrong frame rate). Now in some cases internal Player and KODI are perfecly ok, but in other cases (randomly when I switch on) are not smooth (jerky images afetr a few seconds).
    • All videos with 60 FPS are perfectly, because they don't need FRAMERATE ADJUST (so I think that the problem is on the AUTO FRAME RATE or MEDIACODEC frame rate FUNCTIONS)
    Please @freeroc can you test with this issue and can you tell me something about this problem?

Thank you very much.

For the rest Zidoo H6 Pro is fantastic and the forum is the best I see.

Good work

2. leonkoum

leonkoum Active Member Beta test group

We have said before..
    The new MEDIACODEC frame rate has erratic behavior.. :(
    Sometimes is fantastic and some time is so so.. o_O

sfanetti likes this.
  3. noulou

noulou New Member

Yes, the new feature is unfortunately not working. :(

sfanetti likes this.
  4. sfanetti

@freeroc please can you fix this issue. Zidoo, we need a new firmware with corrections. Thanks

5. 720p

720p Member Beta test group

I can confirm this.. I found that in version 13 the image quality was better
    I also found that randomly I can see macroblocs and bad gradients in dark scenes..
    I will try to make some pictures

sfanetti likes this.
  6. kaneda79

kaneda79 Member

I had poor quality on Kodi and a general problem with flickering screen whit 50 hz resolution options. I was forced to switch off Mediacodec frame rate and auto frame rate in Kodi and force the native resolution of my tv (Samsung 1280x720@60HZ).

Since then everything is running smooth, but i had to renounce to audio passthrough. Hope this solution could work for for you too, in the meanwhile that a better firmware fix the problem

7. sfanetti

Thank you, I'll try if the fix is ok. But for me is very important the audio passthrough. Thanks

8. sfanetti

I tried but I have the same problems. Videos are not smooth (internal and kodi player).
    These problems there aren't on 1.0.13 with internal player. We hope Zidoo fix with new firmware. Thanks

9. sfanetti

Zidoo, @freeroc any news on this issue and on future firmware update? Please ZIDOO

10. sfanetti

please @freeroc in the next firmware FIX The new MEDIACODEC frame rate (it has erratic behavior).
    PLease FIX the AUTO FRAME RATE and MEDIACODEC frame rate FUNCTIONS.
    Kodi and internal player MUST BE perfect.
    Please...

Crife60 likes this.
  11. sfanetti

NEW FIRMWARE IS COME.

A very quick view on new firmware 1.0.25
    THE WORST UPDATE FOR ZIDOO H6 PRO....
    Internal player SEEMS to be perfect (seems......)...after 3/4 ON/OFF on the tv box, the autoframe rate is not ok, video jerky and not fluent, not smooth (like the previous firmware v.1.0.20).
    Kodi has the same problem as the previous update. Video jerky, not smooth. I have shuttering and frames drop very often (mediacodec ON or OFF is the same). There's an erratic mediacodec behaviour (the same like previous version firmware).
    Player now is quick and snappy but it's a not necessary.
    PLease soon YOU (zidoo) have to update with another realease. This one is THE WORST I've seen.
    Please soon!!