Zidoo h6 pro wifi issue

Discussion in 'ZIDOO H6 Pro' started by Duckquack, Jan 10, 2018.

1. Duckquack

Duckquack New Member

Dear ziddo,
    I bought zidoo h6 pro tv box, it shows wifi is connected, but cant access internet.
    Why is this happening
    Firmware version 1.0.13

2. Duckquack

Duckquack New Member

Is this a hardware problem? Or firmware issue, i could see my wifi router is uses, 2.4G.

Pls help

3. Duckquack

Duckquack New Member

The issue was resolved, It seems distance from the wifi router makes the issue.
    Thanks

4. freeroc

freeroc Active Member

Good work, friend

5. Jake98

Jake98 New Member

I switched to a cat6 shielded Ethernet cable (6') instead of WiFi and my H6 is much better and it never has buffering issues ,after some anti buffering tweaks. Maybe this might help someone.

6. SiriusCybernetik

SiriusCybernetik New Member

I do have "real" issues with the WiFi connection, in combination with SMB access on my local NAS.
    When trying to access files on the SMB shares, the speed is so slow that I simply can't watch a movie. It is constantly reloading after a few seconds of playing.

Below are some facts that make me conclude that there is an issues:

1. The H6 box is located less than 5 meters away from my router, with a clear line of sight (no walls or obstacles whatsoever)

2. The WiFi connection works great while trying to access the internet. Speedtest gives me some 20 Mbps, wich is almost in line with other devices on my network

3. When I plug in the network cable to the H6, the connection speed to access the same NAS is great.

Could this be somehow related to the much reported issue with the inbuilt Media Center being unable to access any shares for some people? Please note that my current workaround to play movies is to open the shares through third-party file explorers or through Kodi (in case Kodi is willing to play the movie, which is not always the case).

I would much appreciate a statement from the Zidoo support related to the above mentioned issues.

7. Ayokoya

Ayokoya Member

Clear line of sight from router to H6-Pro needs to be through the top plastic cover, where the internal antennae is stuck underneath. If the signal is through the side of the box, you have the Aluminum casing getting in the way of your signal. Also, if the network protocol is anything like the PC accessing a bad spot on the disk drive, it will make any high power PC sluggish, so poor wifi signal may make H6-Pro sluggish and connection problem, and may drop wifi packets big time.

8. SiriusCybernetik

SiriusCybernetik New Member

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately my H6 is already resting on it's side with the plastic cover straight pointing towards the router. As I said, the internet connection is OK using WiFi. Speedtest shows some 30Mbps, which should be enough for WiFi streaming. For the potentially faulty HDD, I can read the same files from the H6 through ethernet cable as well es through WiFi from all possible devices in my network.