Downloading and Installing Kodi 17-1 on Zidoo X6 Pro

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X6 Pro' started by ClayW1PI, May 3, 2017.

1. Jasminsync2

Jasminsync2 New Member

2. sarantos

sarantos Member

will nodi fork work with X6

3. PacoRabanne

PacoRabanne Well-Known Member Beta test group

Hi, OM!
    (Too) many years ago I was a CB Radio Operator, and I'm graduated in Telecommunication (missed OM license for laziness...), so I understand your mind. ;)

4. Jasminsync2

Jasminsync2 New Member

For me is work fine yet. You not need tu unistall zdmc, you kan install paralel. I have runing Ftmc for rockschip 16.1 and Nodi 17.1. The Nodi works much better xtream. Exedos. Stalion. Iptv. All works. Im instaling. A German. Build. KLUGSCHEISSER 13. On Ftmc and Nodi.. same time. On Nodi. For. Me. Its working faster. There is lot other. Forks. FireMc17.2. JESUSMC. LODI. FOR LODI you must pay..

5. sarantos

sarantos Member

does nodi fork have the same addons like kodi?

6. Jasminsync2

Jasminsync2 New Member

7. sarantos

sarantos Member

8. ClayW1PI

ClayW1PI New Member

I just finished installing, using and uninstalling Nodi 17.1. Didn't like it anymore than I liked Kodi 17.1. When's a company going to remember not to fix what ain't broke. I've been playing with Kodi 17.1 on my laptop for about a month. Can't say I like it very much. That's just me. I started with XBMC 12 years ago and am happy with 16-1. I'll keep practicing with Kodi 17-1 but I don't hold any high hope it will change my opinion. :)

9. PacoRabanne

PacoRabanne Well-Known Member Beta test group

About Kodi 17 or 17.1, read around that new included themes give troubles. Installed old Confluence theme, now runs like 16.x.

10. sarantos

sarantos Member

Nodi 17.1 works fine , except i didn't find the file manager on settings, had to put the repos manually.

11. ClayW1PI

ClayW1PI New Member

Paco, you are a Life Saver. I reinstalled the Nodi 17-1 and changed the Skin to the Confluence and added the Fusion zip, did the Configure Wizard and whala just like my old Kodi 16-1. I ran into a few curve balls with the new Confluence System screens, but waded thru a bit and figured out where everything is. Now in great shape, with ZDMC and Nodi on the box. Thanks again Paco and thanks to Sarantos for the Nodi info.

12. nice159

nice159 Active Member

We can not solve Kodi problems like that. Where is Zidoo support with the new ZDMC? What is going on with the new firmware, if there is any at all?

13. ClayW1PI

ClayW1PI New Member

To answer your question, I don't know. In the meantime, I've got a temporary solution to the update problem. When the new ZDMC comes available, I will implement it. Until then I'm happy to have access to both 16.1 and 17.1. Not for everyone, but it works for me.

14. jeffreydeleeuw

jeffreydeleeuw New Member

And this works ok in x6 pro being a rockchip device????
    there is nowhere mention of fixes for that, like the special rockchip ftmc version

15. nice159

nice159 Active Member

Just another fork. No rockchip support.

16. naddude

naddude New Member

Nodi no longer exists. Any other suggestions as to how to update Kodi 16 to 17 on a Zidoo X6 Pro?