New firmware v1.5.0 version for ZIDOO X9S release

Discussion in 'X9S Official Firmware Releases' started by mirror, Dec 6, 2017.

1. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

Yes,Its the chipset limitation.

2. failax

failax Member

I can try some hours later and will report.

3. grigione

grigione New Member

Hello,I want to know ,definitively,what 10bit type I can see with x9s without problems.....thanks

4. Sarco

Sarco Active Member Beta test group

Zidoo missing the point that this forum is the support forum, generous people like Haos particulary answer question on vast subject and like what had been said Zidoo staff simply let them with absolutly no support or answer for them. That a pitty, at least Zidoo communicate with people who are your support people!

5. It locks the screen or better freezes and I have to disconnect from the socket

6. The new OTA 1.4.19, the Kodi 17.6 is perfect, locates the network and the server and all the movies and does not freeze the Zidoo. But with the new ZDMC or even the old ones, it loses the network connection and does not work and freezes

7. failax

failax Member

Just made the tests..4k uhd movies hdr in my epson 7300 vpr work only by setting manually 12 bit 4:2:2, if you set to auto or other combination it goes at 8 bit 4:4:4. But I'm happy to have found something working the right way:)

Last edited: Dec 11, 2017
    Cemo likes this.
  8. Ayokoya

Ayokoya Member

If you keep on having hangs with the latest firmware, which I have no issue, I would recommend re-image the X9S back to v12 for sterile box, see thread "How to flash zidoo X9s unit" for procedure, then wait for next FW release before upgrading.

I have two X9S, X7, X8, and H6 Pro and update firmware all the time, never a hang other than a black screen during the process. On the other hand, I don't have much APPs installed to keep the box nimble and trouble free. If I want to install questionable APPs, I install them on those obsolete ~$30 boxes with a factory image I can always fall back to.

9. Ayokoya

Ayokoya Member

Zidoo forum is also a place for the user community to learn and offer their experiences to help out others, which should alleviate the official zidoo people to solve more complicated issues. On the other hand, the recent release of firmwares seems to be a step backwards for time proven features such as "unknown error" with SMB usage. With so many users reporting their versions of issues, and threads keep growing, some users may be discouraged from sifting through them and report what has been reported and may have been solved already.

10. mirror

solved it.

11. mirror

For the 1080P 25fps ,if the TV support 1080@25 will switch 25,if not will switch 50.
    For 720p@23.976, no 720@23 there, 720p@60 or 1080@23 option, Choice one?

12. bob

bob Active Member Zidoo TECH Supporter

Hi,
    upload_2017-12-13_14-43-36.png

upload_2017-12-13_14-45-1.png

Not display
    This is Line 1

Can you send me your subtitle ?
    thanks

13. ikkjr

ikkjr New Member

Bob,

I usually use SrtEdit 6.3 or Notepad to save SRT (utf-8) files. Do you mean the external SRT needed to be saved with the option "UTF-8 without BOM"? I really don't know whether a UTF-8 file saved by Notepad/SrtEdit is with or without BOM!?

May I suggest Zidoo's programmer to add a small routine to check the first 3 bytes (BOM) of external SRT file & to take appropriate action thereafter.

Should I email a SRT file to you? Please advise your email address. Thanks.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 14, 2017
  14. Ekul

Ekul Active Member

I only have a few BBC series at 25 fps and i am converting them to 50 fps right now so they are zidoo future proof.
    Use only fps switch in setting now meaning 720p@23.976 outputs 1080p@ 23.976.

15. bob

bob Active Member Zidoo TECH Supporter

OK,thanks
    I have fixed it, because using this tool will produce a garbled.

16. dferregu

dferregu Member

@mirror @bob
    Are you going to solve post #53 about MTS (3D) player and ZUIU bug as you can see in video attached?
    Please look at it.
    Best regards

17. atony

atony Member

This update real did a job on my 2- x9s
    i updated to this so called new garbage firmware upgrade , intaled kodi 17.6, instaled the kodi no limits build
    and nothing works ,the boxs freezes everytime i try to play something so i call this a piece of garbage update.
    i had no problems with the previous update (not perfect but ok)
    here are the issues.
    1- updated the box to the new update (both boxes)
    2- installed kodi 17.6 + kodi no limits build (both boxes some problem)
    3- check my settings all ok including internet
    4- if i play anything ,finds links and all and if i start playing the movie everything freezes including the 2-x9s boxes that i got what ever i do to one box or the other its the same problem.
    5-re-start the box 1 @ a time my internet is off ,this happens over and over again both boxes
    6- using a linksys 1900ac ddwrt-open source with a VPN not working
    7-removed cord from the linsys 1900 ac and connected box wit a linksys wrt 3200 ac purchased this router yesterday and still nothing it works the same as all the above.
    -------------------------------
    so i reset the boxs to factory settings 5 times already and intalled all the above again Sill all the same as the above even i downloaded new files same bull.
    i even try installing just kodi and and 1 addon (BOB) still the same
    well back to my old Minix intalled the above and all work fine
    NOW my son want is Minix back and I want a new Firmware that works.
    how about it Zidoo please re-lease Firmware that works not just garbage to creat problems
    Just my opinion to dose that did not updated their boxes to this new firmware
    DONT DO IT wait for zidoo to fix this Sh**

18. blasiusx

blasiusx Member

1080 50i (Interlaced) should be played back with 50 FPS, but now only with 25 FPS. :( Could you change that ?!

19. leonkoum

leonkoum Active Member Beta test group

GEAT firmware !!!!!
    Tnx team, now we are waiting the new UI.

@blasiusx: the will fix it, just wait..

20. nikos_a

nikos_a Active Member

Notepad for handling UTF-8? Feeling sorry for you. If you need proper handling for UTF-8 files, use Notepad++.