X6 dying slowly

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X6 Pro' started by neamielu, Nov 27, 2017.

1. neamielu

neamielu Member

my x6 is preparing for the endless sleep, in a place where nobody shall bother it again.

after I gave up asking for firmware improvements and decided to use it as fair as I can...

it started about 2 months ago when I noticed the annoying blue light died (wow, it was a good thing!), then it started to crash on black screen now and then, asking for power cord removal; then again it started to stop the hdmi feed (no sound, no video on tv) for 1-2 sec, then running fine for 30-45 minutes, then again blackout.. these blackouts started to intensify last night at every 30 secs, which render it unusable.
    already did factory reset, no improvement.
    it seems to me some like a hardware failure - graphics or memory.

conclusion.

a 100€ player, supposed to have a very good software support and also supposed to have good hardware quality / parts, barely lasted one and a half year, without hammering it or using it 24/24, not even ever played a single game on it, only used as a media player. this while other various noname older cpu models of my friends, bought by me for them for 20-30 bucks are still running.

back to 20$ market, learned my lesson, hope everybody will.

*strange thing, after I've finished writing this I took a look to the new models forums - the same old complains, zidoo learned nothing from its experience? such a pity.

**later edit - and the 20$ market it was, I ordered an amazon fire stick for 25. beat this.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2017
    nice159 and dimtris like this.
  2. Grouphome

Grouphome New Member

I just ordered some other nameless box for 40 bucks. Which runs kodi 17 like it should.
    F*** ZIDOO!

nice159 and dimtris like this.
  3. dimtris

dimtris Member

Same wish and from me

nice159 likes this.
  4. Kenny72

Kenny72 New Member

I'm running Kodi on a Raspberry pi 3 and it runs like a charm, no problems.

5. jonnyv

jonnyv New Member

Dumped my X6 bought a Beelink A1 $60 delivered in 7 working days (free shipping) runs on Android 7.1.2 and works like a dream.

nice159 likes this.
  6. nice159

nice159 Active Member

I remember reading all those fake ass paid reviews about "great" X6 "Pro" and a bunch of lies about Zidoo "long term support".
    Number one dumbest thing I spent money on. Overpriced shit BETA devices with no support and fake ass contributors earning their free devices.
    NEVER AGAIN

7. neamielu

neamielu Member

Installed and configured yesterday kodi - not 14.6 but 17.6 (thanks @HaoSs for asking lol) on my brand new fire TV purchased for 25 bucks on BF and it works like charm. and the voice commands are really cool, too.
    it took a while to receive it because amazon is not selling them in my country, a workaround was required but definitely it worth the effort and it is a pure steal for the money.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2017
  8. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

kodi 14 or 17 ?

9. neamielu

neamielu Member

17.6, of course, typo.

10. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

yah, it's safe to say at this point that x6 pro has reached its end of life ( support wise ) , i think the overall problem was still with rockchip and how they implemented there firmware, sad thing is realtek is still doing the same thing ( still no proper android API integration ) it get's harder to recommend this type of boxes vs the one with proper implementations ( like one you mentioned above, or a nvidia shield ) that JUST WORK!

11. neamielu

neamielu Member

I never had any more expectations from my x6 than I have for the firetv or the other cheap box I bought for only 18 bucks. It was my bad decision to pay so much when I needed so less. Lesson learned.

12. Frikinaus

Frikinaus New Member

Hi there fellows :) I hope you will read my message.
    Do this:
    1. Unistall Kodi 16.X Jarvis
    2. Go to play store and download 17.6
    3. Enjoy